How to install Rom on my rooted sch-i800

Search This thread

Panzer15

Dec 22, 2013
I download this rom on the internet for my sch-i800 verizon and i want to know how to install it without a computer.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app

Panzer15

Dec 22, 2013
Rom manager doesnt support my device, it asks me to install clockworkmod bu my device in not supported

xemnas18

Jan 24, 2014
I download this rom on the internet for my sch-i800 verizon and i want to know how to install it without a computer.

If you want to flash the rom without a pc, just google "how to flash rom without a computer" and look at the first link...the guide might help.

Otherwise, after you have rooted just install a custom recovery (like twrp or cwm) and flash the rom from your sd card. And make sure you wipe cache/data etc before flashing the new rom. (make a backup first)

Panzer15

Dec 22, 2013
This is my first time trying to install a ROM. When i try to install after wiping i get this error

- Installing: /sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip Finding update package... I:Update location: /sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip Opening update package... Installing update... script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "vzwtab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vzwtab" assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "vzwtab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vzwtab" E:Error in /sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip")

I know that its possible installing rom by using heimdall but there is a gapps file. Do i flash gapps file after flashing rom?

xemnas18

Jan 24, 2014
I'm not sure why you're getting that error. You're best bet would be to make sure you follow the instructions from whoever posted the rom and ask questions on the roms thread if you still are stuck...sorry I couldn't help directly

Sent from my DROID Pro using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

And yes, you flash the rom and then the gapps...this should also be in the OP directions wherever the rom was posted...(I would advise you to flash roms from xda forums because they have clear instructions and support)

Sent from my DROID Pro using xda app-developers app