Bam ROM for xzu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Found a bam ROM floating around on goo. Not sure who made the ROM but you should publish it! Its a great rom. Seems to run great!!

Mod edit - links removed

U must fast boot flash boot the Boot.IMG!!

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Working multi window 2....
Also has halo, finally a ROM with options I will use!!

Last edited:

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
du5anyzu.jpg

There a screenshot. Don't feel comfortable posting a link as it is not my ROM.....

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Not gunna post a link as its not my ROM. Search goo for it. FYI, boot image does not install if u try and flash this. You must fastboot flash boot it or it will not run.

Reactions: t0pstar

t0pstar

Feb 18, 2013
deutschland
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Oh f..k
I want send pn, sorry

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Okay I found it
When I remember correct from n7100 forum this Rom is banned from XDA because of conflicts with p.a.c Rom

techpal

Mar 19, 2011
INDIA
Found a bam ROM floating around on goo. Not sure who made the ROM but you should publish it! Its a great rom. Seems to run great!!

Great find. Will try but want to know ,is hardware acc. working? Can play HD videos? Also do we need to be on .290 coming from stock?

Last edited:

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Great find. Will try but want to know ,is hardware acc. working? Can play HD videos? Also do we need to be on .290 coming from stock?

It looks like we have to be on .290 yes as its a kitkat rom at RC2 state.
Downloaded the rom but Im not flashing it because I just downgraded the radio and went back to cm10.2 for a while

edit: I also found this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2595313&page=11

and the specific post from mod
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49810852&postcount=105

Mod Edit

BAM/JELLYBAM ROMS are banned on XDA

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

So it might explain why theres no rom thread

Last edited:

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Wonder why they are banned. Development is development, and this is the first ROM with working halo and multi window. Kinda sucks. Also for all u flashing folks, you don't have to he on 290, not sure where this misguided fact came from. I was on aokp 4.4 before I flashed this ROM.

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Mod edit - links removed

Last edited by a moderator:

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Wonder why they are banned. Development is development, and this is the first ROM with working halo and multi window. Kinda sucks. Also for all u flashing folks, you don't have to he on 290, not sure where this misguided fact came from. I was on aokp 4.4 before I flashed this ROM.

Well you already had a 4.4 rom running then you didn't need to flash .290. IF you coming from 4.3 or earlier then you need to flash .290 because of the radio and some other stuff to be updated otherwise you get IMEI 00000000 and no connectivity if Im not completely wrong

pTeronaut

May 28, 2012
Lafayette, IN

JellyBam is banned on XDA because they don't give credit to the developers whose work they use as the base for their ROMs.

If you compare ROMs, JellyBam ROMs are eerily similar to PAC roms, with text in 'Settings' rewritten to replace "ROM", "PAC" or "AOKP" with "BAM"

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
JellyBam is banned on XDA because they don't give credit to the developers whose work they use as the base for their ROMs.

If you compare ROMs, JellyBam ROMs are eerily similar to PAC roms, with text in 'Settings' rewritten to replace "ROM", "PAC" or "AOKP" with "BAM"

How r they copying PAC when pac 4.4 isn't even available for our xzu?

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
I'm on the gpe rom do i still need to fastboot? Found the rom btw

Yes. I tried without my first time and it didn't work. I used the boot.img from aokp because that is what I had extracted, and it booted right up.

Rom has a few fc's, but nothing serious. Still need to disable hardware overlay as well, but this is by far the most feature rich 4.4 Rom that us out right now. And it's fast as he11.

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
The way I got it to install was I flashed the Rom and then powered off my phone. I then flashbooted the boot.img from the newest aokp. That worked for me.

pTeronaut

May 28, 2012
Lafayette, IN
How r they copying PAC when pac 4.4 isn't even available for our xzu?

All that JellyBam have done is make code already running on other devices work on devices not yet supported either officially or unofficially, and then completely rebadge it as their own, replacing the credits in the app with members of their own "team", they are goal hangers/ tenders.

The hard work was done by someone else.

In the i717 section, mods will actively remove all links to JellyBam ROMs, lock the thread, and I believe that they have banned at least one member for posting links to the ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not gunna post a link as its not my ROM. Search goo for it. FYI, boot image does not install if u try and flash this. You must fastboot flash boot it or it will not run.

iGio90 is banned from XDA as is his work, JellyBAM. Posting links to this ROM is prohibited from XDA.

Thread closed & links removed