[Q] Help! Did I screw up flashing my phone?

Search This thread

clownyfish

Apr 14, 2014
I have an Xperia Z1 C6903.

After updating to kitkat, I was disgusted by the new battery life, so looked up how to flash my phone back to jellybean.

I followed a guide I cannot link to in my first ten posts:
xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/42-sony-xperia-z1-c6903
(Number 2 - flashing to 4.3).

I used the FTT linked there and the flashpro linked there.

Ran fine, here is the log: dropbox.com/s/13883t74e20b61k/flashtool_2014-04-14_06-25-39.log

After completion, I unplugged, booted phone, and now it is stuck in a reboot cycle. Seems to crash during the flare animation screen.

Please help! I've stopped the reboot cycle by running it in flash mode, then disconnecting it from the PC. As soon as I turn it on, the cycle begins again.

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
I have an Xperia Z1 C6903.

After updating to kitkat, I was disgusted by the new battery life, so looked up how to flash my phone back to jellybean.

I followed a guide I cannot link to in my first ten posts:
xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/42-sony-xperia-z1-c6903
(Number 2 - flashing to 4.3).

I used the FTT linked there and the flashpro linked there.

Ran fine, here is the log: dropbox.com/s/13883t74e20b61k/flashtool_2014-04-14_06-25-39.log

After completion, I unplugged, booted phone, and now it is stuck in a reboot cycle. Seems to crash during the flare animation screen.

Please help! I've stopped the reboot cycle by running it in flash mode, then disconnecting it from the PC. As soon as I turn it on, the cycle begins again.

hello. download this FTF : https://mega.co.nz/#!DwxEGJ5a!3za9PMyYQedCeoQc08vm44ZiHtip9ekZyRNUntToK9w
and flash`it via flashtool. it should work fine
good luck!

clownyfish

Apr 14, 2014
Use this option

run pccompanion with the phone not connected, click on software update and then click the blue link

Thank you, this has made the phone functional again. Unfortunately lost messages and such, but not too bad...

I guess I'll run with kitkat a while to see if the battery issue has resolved. If it hasn't, is there a better flash file I can use, or a safer method of going back to jellybean?