recieving verizon lg g2 kitkat update via assisant

Search This thread

king.james

Nov 4, 2010
I was able to update my phone as well... Awesome find... TYVM

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2011
Software Upgrade Assistant fails

SUA acts like it knows my phone is connected, even says searching for updates, but never lists my G2 in the window of devices. Drivers are current and using LG cable to a main USB port.

betthacd

Oct 1, 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Also having difficulty getting device to show up in SUA's window. OP apparently able to make it happen. Tried on Vista and 8.1 machines, LG cable, USB debugging, no bueno so far.

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville
so i downloaded the file, how do i upgrade? Cant i do it when i start the phone up through a screen?

please help lol

Most idiot-proof way to upgrade atm is using the Verizon upgrade utility that is included with the phone. Just hook it up to your pc, follow the autorun prompt, and then proceed to download it and it should install the update automatically.

Reactions: Jhall8 and MBStuart

youneek

Jun 29, 2009
Dumb question probably... Do I need to do something first if coming from malladus rom like revert to stock?

Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i downloaded the file, how do i upgrade? Cant i do it when i start the phone up through a screen?

please help lol

Most idiot-proof way to upgrade atm is using the Verizon upgrade utility that is included with the phone. Just hook it up to your pc, follow the autorun prompt, and then proceed to download it and it should install the update automatically.
    Just to see if I can help a few things here. I was rooted on 12B and had the Hot Spot Provision too. I undid the hot spot files and tried to do the OTA several times, and it always failed.

So now onto the Software Assistant. I had a heck of a time to find it on the phone or have it come up. Trick was I had to have the developer options turned on and then the option came right up. As for people having issues with the phone/computer working?? You might go out to the LG Web site and make sure you have the latest Windows USB Driver loaded. I am running Windows 8.1

Ok the 600 meg OTA file is just that the OTA. The 2 gig file will over right a lot of files on install, but you will not loose any data. If you can not get the OTA to work due to error, then I would goto the Software Assistant. You will loose Root. IRoot25 does work and you will get root back. As for the Hot Spot file stuff, there is a new Hot Spot Provision file that works and it is here.

I have had most of the issues that you folks have so I hope some of my info can help you.
    downloading and upgrading right now to 24 fron 12b