Find 7a no data on T Mobile network and Oppostyle response

Search This thread

petabb

Mar 2, 2011
I bought the Oppo Find 7a 2 weeks ago. Everything is great except that the phone would randomly lose data connection on T Mobile 3G/4G network. I am aware of the APN fix and the phone seems to work fine when the data connection is established. I have to keep toggling mobile ON/OFF but it seems more miss than hit.

I also contacted Oppostyle of the issue and it has been 3 days without any response.

Has anyone have similar issues? I bought this one to replace a Nexus 5 (which I moved to another network) and that phone never had data issue in those locations. I sure hope Oppo responses soon. Not expecting this much of trouble from a top of the line phone and I thought Oppo service was good.

petabb

Mar 2, 2011
Hi jebulol,

My success rate is pretty low. I would say less than 30%, data connection would work.

Still no reply from Oppostyle... crossing fingers..

Reactions: jebulol

loopgru

Jun 14, 2008
I've got the international version and get 3G/HSPA+ back and forth, though I suspect the flaky H+ is more due to my area than the device. Seeing ~8Mbps down / 2 up on H+- not going to be setting any records, but plenty for my purposes (all the heavy lifting I do with data is by wifi anyway- I'm on the pauper data plan). If anyone has any particular tests or diagnostics they'd like run I'll be lurking around.

lexo

Sep 28, 2008
Frankfurt am Main
I am not able to get any data connection if i have data mode set to automatic. As my provider offers no 4G anyways i set it to 3G only and that way it works fine. No idea if this helps, just what i found out.

petabb

Mar 2, 2011
this loss of data is starting to annoy me so much that my 7a could be going on gumtree

I never got any response back from Oppostyle.
The phone has improved a bit after a couple of system update. I would say a 50/50 chance that data would work now. Btw, I live in Houston which is a major Tmobile hub so it seems I got a lemon and Oppo decided NOT to do anything about it.:mad:

tonybhoy

Jan 27, 2011
glasgow
I never got any response back from Oppostyle.
The phone has improved a bit after a couple of system update. I would say a 50/50 chance that data would work now. Btw, I live in Houston which is a major Tmobile hub so it seems I got a lemon and Oppo decided NOT to do anything about it.:mad:
i just sent mine back today,heres hoping the next one is better

thomson6301

Oct 1, 2007
Oppo Find 7a Data Issue

I bought the Oppo Find 7a 2 weeks ago. Everything is great except that the phone would randomly lose data connection on T Mobile 3G/4G network. I am aware of the APN fix and the phone seems to work fine when the data connection is established. I have to keep toggling mobile ON/OFF but it seems more miss than hit.

I also contacted Oppostyle of the issue and it has been 3 days without any response.

Has anyone have similar issues? I bought this one to replace a Nexus 5 (which I moved to another network) and that phone never had data issue in those locations. I sure hope Oppo responses soon. Not expecting this much of trouble from a top of the line phone and I thought Oppo service was good.

Yes, I have the same problem. When I got mine initially the data was working. My problem started after I upgraded to the latest software.
I contacted Oppo support and they asked me to perform the following on my phone and send the data back to them. I just sent it yesterday and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. So, you may want to do the same thing and open a support ticket. 1st you will to create an account on the Oppo support web site.

And to save you time follow this procedure and send it to them as well. It's a large file, zip the file and send via your email once you get the acknowledgment from them on your support ticket..........

" Please follow this simple steps:

1. Input *#800# to Dial pad to enter Engineer mode, entry device_log.
2. Click delete histroy log(the first button), then click the open device-log(the second button).
3. When you encounter this issue again, navigate to file manager(path: Files > Phone storage)
4. Copy the folder diag_logs to the computer and compress it to a ZIP file.
5. After you're done repeat Step 1 and turn off device-log(the third button).

Once you obtain the file please let us have it attaching it into your next email."

plexistyle

Aug 8, 2014

Have the same problem

Open settings
Mobile settings

Choose only 2g
Deactivate mobile data
Wait
Activate mobile data
.... now you see E
Change stetting back to 4g/3g/2g auto

Very awfull
But no reaction from oppo

I go back to Apple.... :(

Apple had about same problems with iPhone3 - solved in 2 weeks

Jess813

Jun 22, 2010
Try the KulayOS ROM, it works flawlessly on T-Mobile LTE.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Also for some reason the APN settings don't stick, so the solution is to create a while new APN then delete the old one. That worked for me.

Frixzon

May 18, 2010
oppo find 7 data drop

Hey i have the same or similar problem with my oppo find 7t. Most cases the phone shows that data is running but even though it does not work.
I turn off and on the data and then data works for 1-10 minutes if I'm lucky more. Data drops so often...

I have been looking for a solution through Google but have not found anything, guess this is a big and serious problem that exists in all colorOS for find 7a or 7 and OPPO has not solved it.

Last edited:

brownrt

Dec 1, 2008
Washington, DC
What Find 7 do you have? The 9007(US version) works flawlessly on T-Mobile. T-mobile 4g operates on band 4 @ 1700 and 2100 Frequency. The international version Oppo F7 doesn't work on the 2100 frequency only 17000 so that may be your problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi jebulol,

My success rate is pretty low. I would say less than 30%, data connection would work.

Still no reply from Oppostyle... crossing fingers..
    My 7a Don't have these issues. LTE works fine here.

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app