Failed to enable Private mode. Try again..

Search This thread

volkie1912

Jul 4, 2012
Izmir/KSK
It's 100% xposed. .. just uninstalled xposed and rebooted via xposed installer and straight after reboot private mode works without a problem.... well have to wait for rovo to fix it... If it's possibles

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You must have done something wrong... private mode is working for me and i am rooted with custom recovery

I dont know what is the problem, i m waiting for new firmware update

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Knox does not kill private mode. A deodexed Rom kills private mode. For an example look at my Rom (link in sig). I have used kind of a hybrid approach (partly odexed still) and have private mode working 100%. Only caveat is that xposed kills it since xposed is not compatible with samsungs secure storage feature.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: mefistos

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
That's not true at all.

You missed reading the previous posts, I already mentioned my assumption was wrong.
Knox does not kill private mode. A deodexed Rom kills private mode. For an example look at my Rom (link in sig). I have used kind of a hybrid approach (partly odexed still) and have private mode working 100%. Only caveat is that xposed kills it since xposed is not compatible with samsungs secure storage feature.

That I believe is the real reason, as a side note, to get S Health working you have to do a build.prop tweak which looks to me like disabling securestorage.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
You missed reading the previous posts, I already mentioned my assumption was wrong.

That I believe is the real reason, as a side note, to get S Health working you have to do a build.prop tweak which looks to me like disabling securestorage.
yes, by default shealth and private mode both rely on secure storage. when xposed is installed it kills both. By disabling secure storage via build.prop, shealth will switch and default to regular storage however private mode will no longer function.

volkie1912

Jul 4, 2012
Izmir/KSK
disabled secure storage via build.prop for shealth, now again change secure storage to true and private mode is working but now shealth is broken:p

Last edited:

StanleyJes

Jul 25, 2011
I rooted my device and tripped Knox flag and I can use both S Health and Private Mode.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

steha

Jan 16, 2011
Wolverhampton
You are using stock kernel. The recovery is what you changed when you flashed CWM.
That will not solve your issue with Private Mode. That is caused by Knox.

PS: This is my last reply on this subject... it's getting repetitive.

Iv changed rom after rom and all diffrent kernels with cwm installed and as long as you use stock odexed rom stock secure kernel it works fine. Nothing at all to do with knox as mine is 0×8 or more by now

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

sarbe

Sep 26, 2010
Iv changed rom after rom and all diffrent kernels with cwm installed and as long as you use stock odexed rom stock secure kernel it works fine. Nothing at all to do with knox as mine is 0×8 or more by now

Knox indicator doesn't go past 0x1 no matter how many times you flash something that would trigger it.

steha

Jan 16, 2011
Wolverhampton
Knox indicator doesn't go past 0x1 no matter how many times you flash something that would trigger it.

Yep it wont go any more than 0x1 but i say 0x8 as hypothetical. As in iv flashed that much that if it did go past 0x1 id be at 0x8+.sorry for any confusion.

ahmad_chatila

Jan 19, 2012
beirut
Hi guys i have tjhe same problem stock rom on g900h rooted phone wirh cmw xposed installed and private mode faild to run fixed it by uninstall xposed wel am not happy xposed is just a need on any rooted phone hope they fix it soon

oia12344321

Aug 20, 2013
Is because of Xposed...just flash any rom with stock kernel (like alexandr) and will work...but don't install Xposed (is useless anyway)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I mentioned, once you trip Knox flag Private Mode stops working.

There is no current way to restore the Knox flag, it won't work by just restoring to stock.

He is using stock kernel.
    This is not true. it's deodexed roms that break private mode. Take a look at my rom at the t-mobile forums. I used kind of a hybrid approach and have private mode working 100%.

Uninstall xpose and no fix also factory reset not work,
    Rooted and then broken screen mirroring, shealth broken(i fixed it), now private mode is not working also cant get firmware updates... wth , if you use samsung device and want to root think again,

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    You must have done something wrong... private mode is working for me and i am rooted with custom recovery

No Knox, no private mode.

It stops working when Knox flag is tripped.

There's no current way to reset it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's not true at all.