Qi Wireless Charging Question

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought I'd share a tip has helped me as I too experienced difficulties with the G3 wireless charging - I should note I'm in the UK, so I guess that makes me 'international'?!

I originally purchased an "Expower Qi Wireless mini Phone Charger", plugged it into an old Blackberry USB wall charger and saw the problems others have described:
    • Place in center of hot zone error
    • 'Wireless charging' message randomly appearing
    Unimpressed, I returned it figuring that it was the 'puck' shape was just a bit too small and delicate for the phone (also it was difficult to see the status LEDs). I didn't give up on wireless charging, purchased a larger RAVPower RP-WCN11 unit. Unfortunately the same error messages appeared.

However the RAVPower unit was supplied with it's own wall socket, I took a look at it's rating - 1.5A. To my chagrin, the Blackberry USB charger I was using is only rated at 750mA.

After swapping the wall sockets over the problem was immediately fixed. I still have to be somewhat careful with placement, but the connection is reliable and it seems to work great. One caveat is it still won't work through the Spigen case, so not quite perfect and something worth considering if you are thinking of owning a case that's difficult to remove.

It makes sense to me, the strength of a magnetic field is dependant upon the current in the wire. If the charger wants 1.5 A, give it 1.5 A! So remember not to skip on the wall socket too. I think this also means it's not going to be suitable for plugging into laptops etc, I think for most they'll struggle to get 500mA (depending on how many devices are on the bus)
    i thought only me have this problem.
    im using official LG G3 charger WCD-100, while charging the G3, sometimes charging stop for a second and continue. happen so often. the wireless charging notification annoy me, not sure if charging with random disconnect will make the battery life cycle worse
    when charging my nexus 5 with the same wireless chager, the charging went smooth, no disconnect happen

i check the back cover and clean the pin, nothing changes, still got random disconnect

Exact same problem. I am currently using G3 Tweaks Box to remove the annoying notifications that pops up every now and then, but no solution to the actual issue of the phone not charging consistently. Not sure if its the phone or the charger, but am currently thinking of swapping to a better charging stand (the WCD-100 looks pretty inconsistent with the premium look of the phone, plus I'm using a black G3) and hoping that the charging issue would be resolved.
    Thought I'd share a tip has helped me as I too experienced difficulties with the G3 wireless charging - I should note I'm in the UK, so I guess that makes me 'international'?!

I originally purchased an "Expower Qi Wireless mini Phone Charger", plugged it into an old Blackberry USB wall charger and saw the problems others have described:
    • Place in center of hot zone error
    • 'Wireless charging' message randomly appearing
    Unimpressed, I returned it figuring that it was the 'puck' shape was just a bit too small and delicate for the phone (also it was difficult to see the status LEDs). I didn't give up on wireless charging, purchased a larger RAVPower RP-WCN11 unit. Unfortunately the same error messages appeared.

However the RAVPower unit was supplied with it's own wall socket, I took a look at it's rating - 1.5A. To my chagrin, the Blackberry USB charger I was using is only rated at 750mA.

After swapping the wall sockets over the problem was immediately fixed. I still have to be somewhat careful with placement, but the connection is reliable and it seems to work great. One caveat is it still won't work through the Spigen case, so not quite perfect and something worth considering if you are thinking of owning a case that's difficult to remove.

It makes sense to me, the strength of a magnetic field is dependant upon the current in the wire. If the charger wants 1.5 A, give it 1.5 A! So remember not to skip on the wall socket too. I think this also means it's not going to be suitable for plugging into laptops etc, I think for most they'll struggle to get 500mA (depending on how many devices are on the bus)
    Sorry but can you please confirm you are saying this wireless charger works with the G3 providing you use it's mains plug!
    Sorry but can you please confirm you are saying this wireless charger works with the G3 providing you use it's mains plug!

Yes, that's the number! The built in battery caught my eye too.

Sorry, I would have included the link I can't post external urls until ~10 posts or so!
    How much did you pay for your tylt wireless charger.and do you have a link to the website where you bought it at. Thanks :)

My Dad gave it to me so I did not pay anything but here is the link on Amazon.
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...200_QL40&qid=1409134367&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk