WARNING: Dont touch Rom Manager

Search This thread

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Since a last few days, I've been seeing a lot of threads in Q&A where users are complaining that their device stopped working after flashing recovery via ROM Manager. I created this thread so that people dont end up bricking their devices. ROM Manager does not work on ace. Do NOT trust any sites telling you to flash CWM recovery via Rom Manager. We have a working and stable unofficial CWM recovery already, you can download it from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18167974

Note to MOD - Please sticky this thread and copy it to Android Development section if possible.

Last edited:

gagdude

Jun 10, 2012
Northbrook
ROM Manager is pretty much a fail for ALL devices. After I got my first Android, and was a n00b of rooting, I used ROM Manager to dl and flash CM7. Guess what?
Bootloop. Never touched it again. Of course, it was only a soft brick, and it was a simple fix, but since it was my first ever ROM and first ever Android and first ever root, naturally I freaked

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Shouldn't this go in General section?

POTATO!!!!

I know. I thought of putting it in development section because many people dont read general section before rooting. A lot of other device forums have similar types of thread in Development and Original development section. So, I felt like creating one for ace too.

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
As for the sticky thing, a lot of people dont care to go through the guides properly. A warning thread especially for Rom manager would make sure no one uses rom manager. I created this thread ecause a lot of people were ending up bricking their devices. If its useless, mod can delete it.

Jul 10, 2012
Panchkula
I agree with tj_droid, there are more and more cases coming up where the users try to flash cwm with rom manager and hard brick their phones! Threads like this could save many Ace's!

+1 to make it sticky! :)

Poshlad

Oct 3, 2012
Galaxy Ace Killed Dead

I hard bricked my Ace a couple of weeks ago. It has been sent for repair as it is still in warranty. I would have really appreciated this thread.

mordigan

Aug 30, 2012
city of angels
Thanks to this!..I was wondering what could be the other use of that "Rom Manager" :confused: i mean it also contains how to back up and flash rom like in CWM..but i didn't know that its dangerous if i use this to flash..:D anyway thanks so much..:good:

BhawaniSingh

Aug 8, 2012
Pathankot
Once they knew that you rooted your phone they'll send you the bill.
You'll pay for it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

This all happened a year ago.
And i don't think they will send me the bill now.:D
Moreover they never tried to repair their devices they just throw them in trash.
According to manufactures repairing a device is more costlier than making a new device

venomate

Mar 26, 2011
Windsor
Ok now that I've bricked my Ace, I have a question. If I take it in to a repair shop to have it Jtagged for repair (full brick, no response at all) can they save the software that was loaded on my phone or does the process eliminate the entire phone's contents and return it back to factory state? I had a lot of stufff on it, that I should've backed up and didn't....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since a last few days, I've been seeing a lot of threads in Q&A where users are complaining that their device stopped working after flashing recovery via ROM Manager. I created this thread so that people dont end up bricking their devices. ROM Manager does not work on ace. Do NOT trust any sites telling you to flash CWM recovery via Rom Manager. We have a working and stable unofficial CWM recovery already, you can download it from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18167974

Note to MOD - Please sticky this thread and copy it to Android Development section if possible.
    Shouldn't this go in General section?

POTATO!!!!
    ROM Manager is pretty much a fail for ALL devices. After I got my first Android, and was a n00b of rooting, I used ROM Manager to dl and flash CM7. Guess what?
    Bootloop. Never touched it again. Of course, it was only a soft brick, and it was a simple fix, but since it was my first ever ROM and first ever Android and first ever root, naturally I freaked

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
    Don't inatall rom manager

I too bricked my lovely ace because of rom manager ! hard brick !! had to go to service center.. don't ever use it if you love your ace.. if you want a custom rom use cwm which can be downloaded from the following thread :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1034145

press thanks if i helped...
    Yes. It's a General thread. The ROM Manager thing is posted across this forum many times, so I don't see the point of making a sticky. About Q&A questions - there always were newcomers and always will be.