Clockworkmod Recovery for GT-S5830I (0824)

Search This thread

cbuy

Jan 31, 2010
Montevideo
S.O.S. !!!

Hello. I installed the permanent CWM described in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1841904 and now the phone (S5830C) is in loop at the Samsung Galaxy screen. It shows a black rectangle on top of it and reboots again and again. When I try to get into recovery it shows the screen for a second, then reboots. I've tried to get into download mode, but no luck !! Previously I had installed Retribution 4 beta with no problems. What can I do ? Can someone help ?

EDIT: I used the method described in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840645 and worked perfectly to restore the phone. Then I re-rooted it and installed Retribution 4 again. Back to normal, except I won't be trying perm CWM again !!

EDIT 2: Contrary to what some people say, to go into download mode on S5830C you must press vol- and vol+ together with power, not vol-/home/power !!

Last edited:

Kabeca

Jul 17, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hello. I installed the permanent CWM described in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1841904 and now the phone (S5830C) is in loop at the Samsung Galaxy screen. It shows a black rectangle on top of it and reboots again and again. When I try to get into recovery it shows the screen for a second, then reboots. I've tried to get into download mode, but no luck !! Previously I had installed Retribution 4 beta with no problems. What can I do ? Can someone help ?

EDIT: I used the method described in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840645 and worked perfectly to restore the phone. Then I re-rooted it and installed Retribution 4 again. Back to normal, except I won't be trying perm CWM again !!

EDIT 2: Contrary to what some people say, to go into download mode on S5830C you must press vol- and vol+ together with power, not vol-/home/power !!

I also soft-bricked mine on first trial... But the permanent CWM works like a charm after restoring with Odin and installing cwm again. Don't give up bro; cheers!

Btw, you're right about the download mode; I found out after several false starts.

Sent from my GT-S5830i

cbuy

Jan 31, 2010
Montevideo
o-o-o-o !

I also soft-bricked mine on first trial... But the permanent CWM works like a charm after restoring with Odin and installing cwm again. Don't give up bro; cheers!

Btw, you're right about the download mode; I found out after several false starts.

Sent from my GT-S5830i

Thanks mate ! Can you be more specific ? I'm on Retribution 4; may I flash perm CWM from here (that's what I did before and broke the phone), o you mean I need to go through Odin first ? With what ROM, original ?

Long-live Ace !

domnic79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Panaji
Thanks mate ! Can you be more specific ? I'm on Retribution 4; may I flash perm CWM from here (that's what I did before and broke the phone), o you mean I need to go through Odin first ? With what ROM, original ?

Long-live Ace !

What he means is that u should flash a stock rom with odin, Then try flashing this cwm recovery.

Reactions: Kabeca

cooperke

Jan 8, 2012
Belgium

Long-live Ace !

Just install the latest custom kernel from Rafael.Baugis. here is the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818830

When install it you'll have permanent CWM... :p:good:

Reactions: dNik17 and cbuy

saeed14i

Jun 1, 2012
Ajman
Can you please fix ClockWorkMod Recovery SD-CARD USB Storage Mode? I'm unable to mount USB from Recovery

nathaan007

Aug 31, 2012
HELP

i finally managed to get it work on my phone cause the other cwm didn't worked at my 5830i but now evrytime it boots up it deletes my contacts , i want to remove it but i don't know why . please help :crying:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
i finally managed to get it work on my phone cause the other cwm didn't worked at my 5830i but now evrytime it boots up it deletes my contacts , i want to remove it but i don't know why . please help :crying:

Flash stock image.

Also, I believe you installed Rafael's kernel (or a ROM that has it +CWM). If so, it's a kernel related issue. A simple fix would be to save your contacts to your google account, not to the sim.

eliseo486

Aug 16, 2012
Panama
i use this cwm 5.0.2.6, but i can't install zip's from sd, the phone brick and not finish the instalation :eek: but now that baugis join this in his kernel, now i can't install any zip or update. I reflashed my phone 3 times with wipes cache and partitions.
this problem occurs always :( , sorry for comment only my problems and not the solution, but i can't find the solution

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
S5830MWHKL4
kernel Rafael.Baugis - rev-20120829-2009 i/o: SIO gob: interactive 156 ~936 MHz

Reactions: Bert98

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
i use this cwm 5.0.2.6, but i can't install zip's from sd, the phone brick and not finish the instalation :eek: but now that baugis join this in his kernel, now i can't install any zip or update. I reflashed my phone 3 times with wipes cache and partitions.
this problem occurs always :( , sorry for comment only my problems and not the solution, but i can't find the solution

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
S5830MWHKL4
kernel Rafael.Baugis - rev-20120829-2009 i/o: SIO gob: interactive 156 ~936 MHz

You could always flash the stock ROM and get the stock recovery back, as a last resort.

dark.14

Aug 6, 2012
how to fix the backup image error in CWM? everytime i try to backup my rom using cwm, it errors because of the failed image backup error.. please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.everyone.

I come from China, I want to provide a usable CWM, which is embedded.

Based on Rafael kernel 0821, if there is any BUG, please tell me

Method of installation:

1. Download the "cwm0824.zip" and place in SD card-

2. Download cwm (ClockWorkRec5830i.zip) and place in sd card - http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1552792

3. Switch off the phone. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.

4. Select "apply update from sdcard" ----->and choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.

5. Select "apply update from sdcard" and select the "cwm0824"

6. Wait...

7. Enjoy the cwm 5.0.2.6

1, " backup and restore " revision of the " restore " not " system " recovery error.
    2, " mounts and storage " amendments to " unmounts system " error.
    3, correction of SD card can partition problem.
    4, correction of backup to data error problem.
    5, correction can backup sd-ext problem.

Tips: brush the CWM, in the use of " backup and restore " in the " Restore" option please don't restore other backup, which can restore the recovery backup, or it may cause not starting. Cause I have something in system Recovery. Remember!!!The original author: angeeks bbs-------pyf_3721

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?roumzypyrdilrca

(P.S. I can't speak English, thanks to Google)
    The new link has released
    Did no one pay attention to it?
    how to fix the backup image error in CWM? everytime i try to backup my rom using cwm, it errors because of the failed image backup error.. please help

U should hv almost 300mb free when taking a nandroid backup.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

Long-live Ace !

Just install the latest custom kernel from Rafael.Baugis. here is the link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818830

When install it you'll have permanent CWM... :p:good: