FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[mod]Boosting Signal Strength (hspa/gprs)

365 posts
Thanks Meter: 75

By djscopesofm, Senior Member on 22nd January 2011, 11:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2011, 12:52 PM |#21  
Flag Northwich
Thanks Meter: 5

More
put them in mine, no noticeable differences

12th February 2011, 07:01 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Does this also improve Wifi?
My Streak struggles to Find/Maintain Wifi connection at home.
While my N900/laptop never fail to connect.

Sry if its an irrelevant question!
12th February 2011, 07:04 PM |#23  
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 43

More
worked for me. Before mod, I was never able to talk in my house, i always had to go outside. Furthermore, I had to set my network type to GSM only.
After mod I have way better reception throughout my house and it stays on (H) with 2-full bars.

just my .02
13th February 2011, 12:29 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well, I am screwed...I put them in and now WiFi connects but no data goes through. No carrier data network working either. I was SSHing to edit the build.prop now I am locked out. I cannot get to market to find anything else to change the file permission. Any ideas how I can change the file permission so I can edit the file to what it was or rename it as I took a backup of the file.
13th February 2011, 10:42 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Merrylands

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2devnull

Well, I am screwed...I put them in and now WiFi connects but no data goes through. No carrier data network working either. I was SSHing to edit the build.prop now I am locked out. I cannot get to market to find anything else to change the file permission. Any ideas how I can change the file permission so I can edit the file to what it was or rename it as I took a backup of the file.

u need to use root explorer... and no it has absolutely no affect on wifi only hspa and gprs profiles
13th February 2011, 06:48 PM |#26  

More
OK, was able to SSH and SFTP in and edit the file. So, the weird thing is that the Streak connected to my WiFi but market, email, the browser etc does not get the internet connection. This seems like the DNS issue some people have reported encountered.
13th February 2011, 09:01 PM |#27  

More
well, I removed them and WiFi works. My theory is that if there is a problem with one of the entries, perhaps WiFi doesn't get fully initialized. I don't know, should not have been related but apparently it is.
14th February 2011, 02:00 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1,374

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2devnull

well, I removed them and WiFi works. My theory is that if there is a problem with one of the entries, perhaps WiFi doesn't get fully initialized. I don't know, should not have been related but apparently it is.

Same for me. Removed it and wifi worked again could finally get data flowing.

Dell Streak powered by StreakDroid 1.7.0
14th February 2011, 08:10 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Merrylands

More
hey guys... those with wifi issues in streakdroid 1.7.0 I have edited the opening post and deleted the entries the have been clashing with the new Rom. all is good now
14th February 2011, 09:08 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1,374

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscopesofm

hey guys... those with wifi issues in streakdroid 1.7.0 I have edited the opening post and deleted the entries the have been clashing with the new Rom. all is good now

Sweet ill give it a try.

Dell Streak powered by StreakDroid 1.7.0
16th February 2011, 02:50 AM |#31  

More
Did these new settings work ?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
signal, strength

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)