Thanks Meter: 151

By mancuk29, Senior Member on 2nd October 2013, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2013, 10:15 AM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
reboot loop Note3
Hi everyone.

I have a NOTE 3 and had the reboot problem, but mine seemed to be worst becuase when it wasnt rebooting all apps were failing to work, even the samsung apps.

I tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked.

I did a full factory rest and it was still failing.

So I took a battery from my friends NOTE3 and tried again, and everything was working like normal.

So i bought a new battery on line.

The only thing that finall worked for me was a new battery!!!

I replaced the Note3 battery for a new one and now it works perfectly again.

We'll see for how long.

Michael
13th December 2013, 12:39 PM |#282  

More
Hey dear XDA-Devs and Members,

I've noticed, that my Note 3 reboot and wipe everything by itself.

I tried everything without SIM and SD card. I even made a full data/wipe factory reset. But everytime it reboot and wipe itself again. What can this be?

I usually never ask since I'm a member of this genius forum. I always try by myself only with reading postings of devs and members. But now I'm out of my mind. :banghead:

Thanks for any answer ... :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 ROOTED (Knox void: 0x0)
13th December 2013, 02:58 PM |#283  

More
kenan77 try another battery, it worked for me

Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmlab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gsmlab Ad-Free
13th December 2013, 03:12 PM |#284  

More
Thanks Michael. I'll give it a try. :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 ROOTED & BobCatRom (Knox void: 0x0)
15th December 2013, 07:39 PM |#285  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriszty

true, i had before my firmware update to ubmj3 , no random reboots ( 3 weeks ) !!, but after the update it started to random boot.
so it has to be firmware

Even for me it started with the MJ3 and continues with MJ7
The problem is that it shuts down unexpectedly.
I think the problem is unfortunately hardware (motherboard?)

To me a couple of times it has also deleted the wifi passwords on reboot
15th December 2013, 08:08 PM |#286  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3r71n0

Even for me it started with the MJ3 and continues with MJ7
The problem is that it shuts down unexpectedly.
I think the problem is unfortunately hardware (motherboard?)

To me a couple of times it has also deleted the wifi passwords on reboot

well i think it,s related to the wifi/3g receiving , i installed a 3g/4g wifi booster, and after that no reboots, if i don,t use this program my note 3 started again with random boots !!
15th December 2013, 08:19 PM |#287  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriszty

well i think it,s related to the wifi/3g receiving , i installed a 3g/4g wifi booster, and after that no reboots, if i don,t use this program my note 3 started again with random boots !!

I tried to set mode WCDMA / GSM without LTE and the problem remained

also makes even where the signal 3G is good

However, the problem was created by the new bootloader MJ3 and MJ7. Over 30 days with MI7 and MJ1, never problems
18th December 2013, 07:35 AM |#288  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketani73

This remedy suggested by our member "QuarterToNine" has worked for many people who had this boot-loop error.....It says ,

"I may have stumbled upon a workaround for the continuous boot problem. It seems that if you turn-off 'Always allow scanning' in the advanced Wi-fi settings then the problem will not occur. Your mileage may vary.

Follow these steps:

1. If your Galaxy Note 3 is in a continuous boot cycle or suffers from it then remove the back cover and remove the battery. Leave the back cover off.
2. Remove the SD card.
3. Insert the battery and boot. Wait for the device to fully boot.
4. Go to Menu -> System Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced
5. Uncheck 'Always allow scanning'
6. Use back key until you're home.
7. Turn off the device.
8. Insert the SD card.
9. Attach the back cover.
10. Turn the device on.

To confirm, I tried booting the device three times with the 'Always allow scanning' Wi-Fi setting checked and it ended up in a continuous boot cycle. With the 'Always allow scanning' Wi-Fi setting unchecked the device boots fine every time."

I hope this may help many restless souls with boot-loop error (I was one of the restless souls till i found this golden remedy !!)

Exact same issue for me...and this method 'fixed' it.
No more bootloop when I manually restart. I was wondering if I got a defective Note 3.

(btw... I am using a 64 GB Sandisk SDcard, and I can confirm that rebooting WITHOUT the SDcard installed does NOT cause the bootloop)

It seems that the 'Always scanning...' option tries to access your SDcard during boot, with disastrous results.

Samsung needs to fix that.
20th December 2013, 12:07 AM |#289  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
registered just to say thanks, thought I had a defective unit but the disabling of wifi scanning fixed it! So now I dont have to worry about reboots anymore. Have they released a fix yet for this bug? I ask because I cant get updates since I am rooted.
24th December 2013, 07:33 PM |#290  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani

I had the same issue and done a few tests.
What I can say is :
- when i used the phone for the first time there was no problem (SIM + SD CARD + 3G)
- when i updated the preinstalled apps (SIM + SD CARD + 3G) there was no problem
- once i installed all my apps reboot issue appeared.

I tried with or without SD CARD => No change
I tried with and with SD CARD but 3G off (Plane Mode) => No loop boot issue !

I thought maybe it was one of my apps so i restarted the phone in "Secured Mode", 3G on => reboot problem appeared again.
So this is a system (or maybe preinstalled and updated) app that's causing problem.

I think that only an updated firmware can resolve this.

One thing sure is that the booting time of this phone is really fast, about 10 sec after the Samsung logo.

So for now when i need to reboot i put the phone in plane mode first, expecting Samsung to correct this (I hope this is not an hardware issue or something fishy regarding the carrier zonning).

Anyway despite this issue i'am really glad to have this phone and haven't any regret buying it !

I'm on my third phone & five months in I agee that THE only way to ensure no boot loops is to ensure that the phone is in flight mode before it is powered down (either off or reboot). sd card may/may not be a factor, ditto apps, batteries and other things that people have thrown into the mix but the only thing that's a known known is that if the flight mode is engaged, the device will boot up normally.
30th December 2013, 06:37 AM |#291  
Flag Toronto, Scarborough
Thanks Meter: 79

More
To fix go to Settings>Wifi>Advanced>And uncheck 'Always allow Scanning", and reboot. VOILA!! I don't know if anyone posted this solution, but hope i helped some people.
The Following User Says Thank You to C00lBeanz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C00lBeanz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)