[APP] LG Stock Camera app for AOSP ROMs

Search This thread

sefnap

Sep 22, 2013
Hi guys, a few people asked me to look into porting the stock camera app over to AOSP ROMs, and I've managed to get it sorted out over the past couple of days. So far it seems to be working well, but if it crashes, let me know.

There are a few missing features when running on a non-LG ROM, namely:
  • No Object Tracking. You know that thing where a grid of little boxes shows up on the screen and one of them will turn green as the camera focuses? That's missing.
  • No Audio Zoom. It's still enabled in the UI, but I've patched out all the methods relating to it, as they caused crashes.
  • No transparent navigation bar.
  • No rotating navigation buttons.
  • Performance tuning - it's possible that this will run slower than it would on an LG ROM. The LG rom includes a class called org.codeaurora.Performance that does some kind of performance tuning. It depends on native code that's not included in AOSP, so I patched out the references to it to avoid crashing. I haven't noticed a difference, but I can't easily compare them side-by-side.

All the missing functionality is part of LG's customizations to the system frameworks. There's a chance I might be able to add some stuff back using Xposed or Cydia Substrate, but I'm not promising anything :)

Apart from that, everything else seems to work fine (dual camera, hdr, burst mode, etc). I haven't tested every single option, so it's possible there's broken stuff in there somewhere.

For some reason, the pics from this app go into an album called "100LGDSC" instead of the "Camera" album, though that may be carrier-dependent.

Installation
Just install LGCameraApp.apk and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008
Downloading now. You are too good to us, we are not worthy. Especially if you added more with Xposed, my mind would be blown.

Haha now can you port the lock screen?! (I swear I'm kidding)

Thank you so much

Reactions: evildogz

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
just found this...
YOU ARE AWESOME!

what i found not working:
-60fps video
-intelligent auto mode

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Freedom

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 2 XL
Nice work! I've been wanting to try the LG stock camera on AOSP for a while now.

Just a heads up, the app force closes when you switch from the rear camera to the front camera, and it will just keep force closing unless you very quickly switch back to the rear camera.

imompero

Feb 8, 2011
plus.google.com
Very nice, seems to be working for me no problems, is this the latest camera app that came with the G2? I don't see burst mode, I think that was on the stock app

Edit - never mind I found it

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Incep

Dec 10, 2010
Norway
Thank you for your hard work and dedication, this has been one of the biggest gripes about the AOSP roms for the G2 :) I hope you will continue improving it!

Reactions: CasseTrop

CasseTrop

Aug 22, 2009
Montreal
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!

Seriously this is pretty awesome.

Seems to FC when I use the AI but I don't really mind, pictures are way better with this app and the low light pictures can't even be compared.

drc13

Dec 19, 2012
Once again Sefnap thank you!

Porting over the stock camera and quickremote has been a fantastic gain for thos of us on the AOSP roms.

Reactions: x3m.zone

CasseTrop

Aug 22, 2009
Montreal
This is amazing.

Night shots with the AOSP camera were really dark.

Here's a quick comparaison (Resize with Pshop only):

AOSP Camera (D803 - Carbon):

2013-11-12%2000.09.03.jpg

And this APK (LG Stock Camera app):

2013-11-12%2000.09.30.jpg

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
I love you man. that what I want and wait

but two issus can't record video Full HD 60fps, in video Live Effect

CM10.2 snapshot M1
D802 Intl

and I hope you make UI like stock

but thanks that awesome

Last edited:

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
now camera not work :/
when I change between iA mod and normal mod

"cannot connect to camera"

Last edited:

rubendaxter

Sep 2, 2012
Same of you
"Cannot connect to camera" in CarbonRom D802
Thanks
Edit: i have solved it,i have changed the uv and it works
A lot of thanks

Enviado desde mi LG-G2 D802 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

whittikins

Oct 12, 2011
Hi guys, a few people asked me to look into porting the stock camera app over to AOSP ROMs, and I've managed to get it sorted out over the past couple of days. So far it seems to be working well, but if it crashes, let me know.

This is great! The camera is the one reason I've stuck with the stock ROM. I love AOSP, but the low light camera is so much better in LG's rom. About to try this out!

EDIT: I'm guessing this won't work at all on a NON-G2 phone like the Nexus 5, right?

Jishnu Sur™

Nov 25, 2012
ND-BL-MB-KL
Good Job OP! I will help you out with the saved Image placement folder. Will send you a PM for that.. And Please tell people how many times have to taken the log to get this thing working.. :D
Awesome job again..

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There are a few missing features when running on a non-LG ROM, namely:
    • No Object Tracking. You know that thing where a grid of little boxes shows up on the screen and one of them will turn green as the camera focuses? That's missing.
    • No Audio Zoom. It's still enabled in the UI, but I've patched out all the methods relating to it, as they caused crashes.
    • No transparent navigation bar.
    • No rotating navigation buttons.
    • Performance tuning - it's possible that this will run slower than it would on an LG ROM. The LG rom includes a class called org.codeaurora.Performance that does some kind of performance tuning. It depends on native code that's not included in AOSP, so I patched out the references to it to avoid crashing. I haven't noticed a difference, but I can't easily compare them side-by-side.

All the missing functionality is part of LG's customizations to the system frameworks. There's a chance I might be able to add some stuff back using Xposed or Cydia Substrate, but I'm not promising anything :)

Apart from that, everything else seems to work fine (dual camera, hdr, burst mode, etc). I haven't tested every single option, so it's possible there's broken stuff in there somewhere.

For some reason, the pics from this app go into an album called "100LGDSC" instead of the "Camera" album, though that may be carrier-dependent.

Installation
    Just install LGCameraApp.apk and you should be good to go.

Cheers!
    i edited the manifest so there is no action bar and its fullscreen, now you can see the buttons (mode, settings, ...)
    its signed by me so you need to uninstall the other one
    it works fine on 5.0.2 RR

new download with fixed save path (DCIM/Camera). there are currently 4 DPIs if you are on standard g2 dpi download 480.
    http://d-h.st/users/B!GBOY/?fld_id=42561

@B!GBOY please make it available for MM based ROMs.
    Thank you :)
    Hi,
    I just looked at it and the first problem was (as mentioned before) in a method that checks to see if you are on a call which apparently is not available in MM framework.
    so i removed the check and now there is a problem with Storage and getVolumeList()
    I will take a look to see if i can fix it but as mentioned before I'm not an expert when it comes to reverse engineering. anyway will take a look tonight but don't get your hopes up.
    I've got a new device and now use my G2 only for app testing and such things.
    -Edit-
    well ok it wasnt that hard :D
    here you go:
    LG Camera for MM
    but please dont ask for modified dpis i lost the project files and the app that i wrote back then
    ok guys as promised, here is a test build for g3 560 dpi
    I checked every screen size, there was from 320x240 up to 1920x1080, some resources was not present in 1080 and because of that after changing the dpi some element didnt change (for example zoom bar ) so will check different dpi and upload again for g2, in this test build i removed every other dpi except xxhdpi and created xxxhdpi folders for g3.
    please some one post a screenshot to see how it works. remember its for 560 and should work with or without navigation bar.
    also please note that im not the original dev and all this is possible thanks to OP.
    http://d-h.st/TSN

ps: to see if my logic works please hide your navbar. the shutter button should change from an oval to a circle if its not changing or if its circle with navbar there is something wrong :-? i attach 2 screens to be more clear
    I really mean no disrespect or anything..

Just solved one thing which was a small issue in the OP! :)) i.e. Path of the pics being stored. Now stores in CAMERA FOLDER..

Link : Download Here

Once again, Thank you my mate! :) Wonderful job..