[MOD] Windy Weather Live Wallpaper w/ No Watermark

Search This thread

HeadlessPonch

Nov 16, 2010
Des Moines, IA
I tried the flash zip first - on CM 10.1 - it does not work. The app is installed but the system does not present it in the live wallpaper pick. If I follow your instructions, I can get the app to load and display, but I do not have any option to set the location, time interval is ok (I can choose 30 min), and after selected it loads. I will leave it for 30 min to see if it changes or not, but I do not think it will :(
How did you get 30 minutes? My options start at 1 hour and go up from there.

dalewr

Feb 26, 2011
I'm stuck.

I have a question...
I used you're no watermarks windy weather and got an update from jellybean 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. The update wouldn't install until I put the original windyweather.odex file back in my phones system/app folder. I got the 4.1.2 update to install after that but then the windy weather wallpaper wouldn't work, it would just hang and say it stopped working. I really don't know what else to do... Any ideas?

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
I liked the Windy Weather live wallpaper that came with the GSIII, but I didn't like the ever so noticeable watermark that is on it. I've also seen requests for versions without the watermark so, I took it out back and beat it senseless until it was gone. See the screenshots below for a preview. (I will add more screenshots later)

READ BEFORE INSTALLING
- I recommend making a back-up of the original WeatherWall.apk at /system/app BEFORE installing this.
- This only removes the AccuWeather watermark. The name of your current city will still be visible.
- This live wallpaper was pulled from a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III. Although it should, I have not tested if this will work on other versions of the Galaxy S III. I don't think it will work on other phones (because of screen size issues), but it may!
- You must have root in order to install this.
- Install at YOUR OWN risk. While highly unlikely, I take no responsibility if this damages your phone in any way.

Installation:

Manually:
1. Download the WeatherWall.apk provided and put it on your SD card
2. Open up your favorite file manager application on your phone that has system read and write capability. I prefer Root Explorer
3. Navigate to wherever you placed the downloaded .apk and move it to "system/app" overwriting the unmodified "WeatherWall.apk"
4. Restart your phone and enjoy!

NEW! Flashable: (Easier!)
1. Download the WindyWeather-NoWM.zip provided and put it on your SD card
2. Re/boot to recovery and flash the .zip file
3. Restart your phone and enjoy!

:good:

This isn't working on my GS3... I have windy weather already (with the watermark) and every time I try to install the APK, or do the flash, it *works*, as in it installs but doesn't change the live wallpaper at all. I still see the watermark.. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

How did you get 30 minutes? My options start at 1 hour and go up from there.

Possibly a download of the GS2 version? EDIT- I downloaded the windy weather called (something like) "Secret wallpaper 2" and it is the exact same, but has the option of choosing 30 minute update intervals

Last edited:

marhanen

Nov 27, 2014
installed in spirit rom on i747m
As well as liquid smooth on i747m

Apk from quote below in systems/app installed than installed zip with cwm

Confirmed, works on CM10. Does not need accuweather installed into /system/app, I just instlled it from the market. May not need t at all.

Does need this file in /system/app:

12.apex-rom . googlecode . com/g...themetwo-1.apk

That's what gets it to work.

Edit: windy weather and secretwallpaper do not need to be installed to /system/app. putting them in /data/app and restarting works just as well

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I liked the Windy Weather live wallpaper that came with the GSIII, but I didn't like the ever so noticeable watermark that is on it. I've also seen requests for versions without the watermark so, I took it out back and beat it senseless until it was gone. See the screenshots below for a preview. (I will add more screenshots later)

READ BEFORE INSTALLING
    - I recommend making a back-up of the original WeatherWall.apk at /system/app BEFORE installing this.
    - This only removes the AccuWeather watermark. The name of your current city will still be visible.
    - This live wallpaper was pulled from a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III. Although it should, I have not tested if this will work on other versions of the Galaxy S III. I don't think it will work on other phones (because of screen size issues), but it may!
    - You must have root in order to install this.
    - Install at YOUR OWN risk. While highly unlikely, I take no responsibility if this damages your phone in any way.

Installation:

Manually:
    1. Download the WeatherWall.apk provided and put it on your SD card
    2. Open up your favorite file manager application on your phone that has system read and write capability. I prefer Root Explorer
    3. Navigate to wherever you placed the downloaded .apk and move it to "system/app" overwriting the unmodified "WeatherWall.apk"
    4. Restart your phone and enjoy!

NEW! Flashable: (Easier!)
    1. Download the WindyWeather-NoWM.zip provided and put it on your SD card
    2. Re/boot to recovery and flash the .zip file
    3. Restart your phone and enjoy!

:good:
    Code:
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2838  2838 I ActivityThread: Pub com.google.android.apps.plus.content.EsProvider: com.google.android.apps.plus.content.EsProvider
    10-02 08:36:18.470   729   808 E android.os.Debug: !@Dumpstate > dumpstate -k -t -z -d -o /data/log/dumpstate_app_error
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 264
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: native typeface cannot be made
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.graphics.Typeface.<init>(Typeface.java:247)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.graphics.Typeface.createFromFile(Typeface.java:241)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.InfoTextView.setTextFont(InfoTextView.java:63)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.SecretWallpaperService$CSPRenderer.loadCityName(SecretWallpaperService.java:2671)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.SecretWallpaperService$CSPRenderer.loadImages(SecretWallpaperService.java:2645)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.SecretWallpaperService$CSPRenderer.onDrawFrame(SecretWallpaperService.java:2749)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.GLThread.guardedRun(GLWallpaperService.java:746)
    10-02 08:36:18.470  2787  2805 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.GLThread.run(GLWallpaperService.java:585)

This is on the leaked Sprint JB rom - any idea how to figure out what font it's after?

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Got it. DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf aren't actually fonts in the new JB leak, they're just a textfile with the real font name in them. I replaced them with the 4.0.4 versions and rebooted and I have my windmill back.

Code:
    $ ls -l DroidSans.ttf
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 0 0 18 2098-01-23 04:08 DroidSans.ttf
    $ cat DroidSans.ttf 
    Roboto-Regular.ttf
    ok I got it working I think. for CM10 you need com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo.apk to get it to show up. now I don't have the location being printed on mine so I don't know if the weather is getting updated properly. It's sunny out right now so I can't be sure. I've tried going back to the original to se if it would show the accuweather info and it still had nothing, but I may have mixed things up and overwrote the original with this one. I'm going to a backup and trying again.

Update:

Ok tried the original apk, when running on my stock backup had the location and accuweather text, running on CM10, it did not. So, windy weather works, but until the weather changes from clear I won't know if it's getting updated
    Works on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

It works fine on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (root - rom=RocketTab)
    Used flash method