Search This thread

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Guys, Test new version in OP. http://d-h.st/ItZ

Flash it.
Reboot to recovery.
Mount SD Card.
Remove any faulty or (?) Driver and REFRESH.
New driver for SD is AUTO Detected and installed.

Regards
Yasir

EDIT: MAYBE NOT :( :( :( :(

Last edited:

rogio2

Apr 3, 2011
Poland
I'm sorry but it does not work mount usb with its original driver installed when my HTC

need to be changed manually on my htc usb mass storage device, and then work

I found a solution to the problem instead of installing the usb mass storage, chose from the list in win7 driver API Composite USB Devise and everything works it may have something to help you have a screenshot here ....

https://www.box.com/s/f1ci87k679n3oia8p8gp

restart and go again nothing inadvertently connect

Last edited:
Reactions: neXus PRIME

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
I'm sorry but it does not work mount usb with its original driver installed when my HTC

need to be changed manually on my htc usb mass storage device, and then work

I found a solution to the problem instead of installing the usb mass storage, chose from the list in win7 driver API Composite USB Devise and everything works it may have something to help you have a screenshot here ....

https://www.box.com/s/f1ci87k679n3oia8p8gp

Good work....

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
Don't know what went wrong but ever since I removed and reinstalled the drivers in recovery mode trying to get ums to work, I can't use adb anymore in recovery mode. It doesn't recognise the device. Went back to the non-touch cwm recovery, tried reinstalling the drivers and switched 'adb development' in settings on/off etc but no luck. Any clue what I might be missing here?
adb works when I connect the device in normal mode and then open an adb shell but I need to mount /system en /data to remove ads ;)

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Don't know what went wrong but ever since I removed and reinstalled the drivers in recovery mode trying to get ums to work, I can't use adb anymore in recovery mode. It doesn't recognise the device. Went back to the non-touch cwm recovery, tried reinstalling the drivers and switched 'adb development' in settings on/off etc but no luck. Any clue what I might be missing here?
adb works when I connect the device in normal mode and then open an adb shell but I need to mount /system en /data to remove ads ;)
The drivers are pretty messed up. I know.

Actually, when you boot to ROM, there are two device detected:
1. ADB/PHONE/DEVICE DRIVER --- which is "My HTC"
2. SDCARD UMS DRIVER --- which is "USB Mass Storage"

In this current recovery, when you boot to recovery, the roles are somehow reversed:

So if you force the drivers the other way around. both things become normal....
1. ADB/PHONE/DEVICE DRIVER --- which is "USB Mass Storage"
2. SDCARD UMS DRIVER --- which is "My HTC"

BUT, as soon as you boot the ROM, you have to repeat the same DRIVER SWAPPING exercise.
I'm trying to sort it out soon though..

Regards
Yasir

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
PS: little off topic...

Yasir....is now neXus PRIME... :D You sure like nexus prime eh buddy

Yeah, i like android (hence nexus) and i looooooooove transformers (hence prime).

BTW,
33593063.jpg

Regards
PRIME

Attachments

• 33593063.jpg
    33593063.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 80

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
The drivers are pretty messed up. I know.

Actually, when you boot to ROM, there are two device detected:
1. ADB/PHONE/DEVICE DRIVER --- which is "My HTC"
2. SDCARD UMS DRIVER --- which is "USB Mass Storage"

In this current recovery, when you boot to recovery, the roles are somehow reversed:

So if you force the drivers the other way around. both things become normal....
1. ADB/PHONE/DEVICE DRIVER --- which is "USB Mass Storage"
2. SDCARD UMS DRIVER --- which is "My HTC"

BUT, as soon as you boot the ROM, you have to repeat the same DRIVER SWAPPING exercise.
I'm trying to sort it out soon though..

Regards
Yasir

Thank you for your fast reply and in advance for sorting this out. However it might be useful to warn other users that uninstalling drivers etc could cause adb to malfunction in recovery. I tried many possible solutions but I can't get it to work again. In normal mode adb works just fine, connecting device to PC etc works fine but every time I boot into recovery and then try to use adb it doesn't recognise the device. So indeed it seems the drivers are pretty messed up. And I don't know how to revert it.

As I said I tried many things like uninstalling/re-installing HTC drivers, hard-resetting the phone, flashing other recoveries etc but no luck. Connected my good old HTC Desire in recovery and adb works just fine. So it has something to do with recovery/drivers combined.

EDIT: so it's a bit of a struggle to get the right drivers for UMS and ADB in system/recovery in W7 (home premium 32 bit) but I finally managed. Might be a detour and a fix will probably be around the corner but I decided to share it anyway:

In recovery:
- reboot into recovery and mount USB Storage
- connect device to pc and go to device manager
- refresh device manager and uninstall driver under 'USB Controllers' - 'USB Mass Storage' that has an exclamation mark
- refresh and then double click the new 'Android Phone' under 'Other Devices' and manually update that driver to 'Android USB Devices' - 'MyHTC'.
- you´ll now have two MyHTC´s and ADB will work.
- to get UMS to work manually update the driver of the one that has USB Mass Storage as an option to 'USB Mass Storage'.

In system:
- reboot to system and connect device to PC, mount USB Storage and go to device manager
- refresh and update the driver from 'USB Controllers' - 'USB Mass Storage' that has an exclamation mark manually to 'MyHTC'.
- from the two 'MyHTC's' manually update the driver that has an option USB Mass Storage to 'USB Mass Storage'
- USB Storage and ADB will now work

Last edited:
Reactions: neXus PRIME

rogio2

Apr 3, 2011
Poland
Hello Yasir Javed Ansari Are there any chances of running mount usb..????:crying:

How do you use guys Task Killer, if at all do you use

Last edited:

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Re: [15-01-13][RECOVERY] TWRP PROTOU v2.4

@All. Why the sudden panic and urgency. I haven't abandoned this project. I started it and I'll fix this. But please have patience.
It's just something in init.recovery.rc......

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
No panic mate I was just eager to find out how to get the drivers pointed in the right direction. Appreciate your work for the DX. Keep it up!

Maybe you can also have a look at the progress windows in recovery?

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
Struggled a bit to get the drivers working in W7. However I managed to find out how we can use ADB/UMS in recovery and normal mode. See my edited post on previous page for a how-to. Again based on the turorial you posted earlier ;)

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Re: [15-01-13][RECOVERY] TWRP PROTOU v2.4

Struggled a bit to get the drivers working in W7. However I managed to find out how we can use ADB/UMS in recovery and normal mode. See my edited post on previous page for a how-to. Again based on the turorial you posted earlier ;)

Share your tutorial in general thread by "stereo8". It is for the very same driver issue.
And thanks for elaborating. I'm trying out some fixes in the mean time

EDIT: you already did

Last edited:
Reactions: Stereo8

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
Confirmative: UMS works! Nice job. :good:

However ADB doesn't in recovery mode. There isn't even an Android USB Device listed. So for now I'll just stick with the old one and manually switch drivers now that I've got the hang of it ;)

rogio2

Apr 3, 2011
Poland
confirm running moun usb, but now it is so that when you do go back to backup to usb mount does not start, you need to reboot the system once again, and only run the recovery mount usb works .. but it's progress .. great job man....

Now just one more thing I saw, I turned on usb mount, for a long time when you copy files spontaneous reboot something is wrong..:crying:

and another cha with usb mount is mounted on card only, and no longer the phone memory that does not happen on the recovery of Claudyy Non-Touch, unfortunately, back to the Non-Touch recovery from Claudyy but as soon as it installs TWRP efficient because it is I can always something cool to test

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM-WIN RECOVERY PRO
    for
    HTC DESIRE X
    url_Copy.png
    nexus_prime.jpg

DOWNLOADS/THEMES:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36714573&postcount=2[/SIZE]

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Special Thanks To:

Dees_Troy
    Amarrulz
    atis112
    AND Also many others mentoned below:

Core twrp 2 development team: agrabren, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder, and AssassinsLament
    Toastcfh – for his underappreciated dedication to the community
    s0up and kevank for their hard work on the web side of things.
    The rest of Team Win: shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, and eyeballer
    Amon_RA - for his great Recovery
    Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod
    For all the help with devices and testing Akmzero, arif-ali, Evil_DevNull, gus6464, Jesusice, _jmz_, NxtGenCowboy, ohshaith55, Pyrostic, [R], and Rootzwiki
    As always thank you to the Team's supporters and the Android Community.
    LLOIR for ProtoU trees
    CLAUDDY for Graphics Patch
    AND MANY OTHERS
    DOWNLOADS:

DOWNLOADS:

FOR JELLYBEAN HBOOT

BETA Builds:
    Code:
    [SIZE=5][U][B]v2.6.3.0 Build # 1[/B][/U]:[/SIZE]
    [url]http://d-h.st/xss[/url]

STABLE BUILDS:
    Code:
    [SIZE=3][U][B]v2.5.0.0[/B][/U]:[/SIZE]
    [url]http://d-h.st/VjM[/url]

[SIZE=3][U][B]v2.5.0.0 SPECIAL AROMA FM BUILD - Beta#1[/B][/U]:[/SIZE]
    [URL]http://d-h.st/ZJ6[/URL]

[SIZE=3][U][B]v2.5.0.0 RC1.0[/B][/U]:[/SIZE]
    [URL]http://d-h.st/tSc[/URL]

FOR ICS HBOOT (UPDATES DISCONTINUED)
    v2.5.0.0 RC1.0:
    http://d-h.st/eCC

Code:
    OLD:
    [SIZE=1][U][B]v2.4.3 RC1.0[/B][/U]:[/SIZE]
    [URL]http://d-h.st/5dk[/URL]
    [SIZE=1][U][B]v2.4.3 RC1.0 Themed Version[/B][/U]:[/SIZE]
    [url]http://d-h.st/Sl6[/url]

Some Comments from Users:
    Code:
    [B][U][COLOR=Red]MaartenXDA:[/COLOR][/U]
    [/B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]UMS Works on Windows (8) and Ubuntu, tested both.
    ADB Works on Windows (8), didn't test Ubuntu.
    Backing up works.
    Seems to turn the screen off when doing nothing for 2/3 minutes, that's a feature right?
    ROM flashing works. Mounting /system and /data works.
    No graphic bugs, for as far as I've seen.
    Didn't experience random reboots, but I might have been too impatient.
    [COLOR=Blue][B]Every new function working,[/B][/COLOR] might have missed one or two.
    Restoring works, md5 check doesn't fail.

[/SIZE][/FONT][U][COLOR=Red][B]vogonpoetlaureate:[/B][/COLOR][/U]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]Tested the following:
    ADB,UMS,Wipe Cache,Wipe Dalvik,Wipe System,Factory Reset,Backup,Restore,Fix Permissions,Installed Various Zips (including some I know won't install),Install SuperSU,File Manager
    [COLOR=Blue][B]All appear to be working fine. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][U][B]Stereo8:[/B][/U][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]"Aroma file manager works fine, backup and restore is fine, screen dimming is fine, but the process bars are a bit misleading... 
    UMS, and adb in windows????                                 [COLOR=Blue][B]Perfect[/B] [/COLOR]without any special drivers, only HTC sync"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    New version!!!

People don't seem to take time to thank for the hard work n time spent. I really feel bad when i see 7 unique users Thanking me, but 149 DOWNLOADS. Its a sad sad place to develop.

But anyhow, enough of my babbling. I have fixed the ADB, USB Mount Drivers and every other issue i could find. Test it and tell if any problem still.

http://d-h.st/EtG

Regards
    Yasir
    @ all
    Handing over my phone to little bro.
    Was a fun ride.

For now:
    Old huawei phone

Destination:
    Xperia SP or Moto G or Nexus4
    @ All
    Special Build v2.6.0.0 with Aroma File Manager integrated: