[THEME-MOD][Color Theme Mod v1.5][CROMI 3.4.7][29/04/13]

Search This thread

allan1313

Jan 12, 2011
Re: [THEME][MOD] Color Theme Mod v1.4 for CleanROM 3.4.4

I think flashable zips would be easiest for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
is transparency also possible?

thanks pjc21 ...

love all the colours and looking forward to some more community themer lock-rings! :D

lucius.zen

Sep 16, 2012
Halifax
Android is upgrading.....

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice. Since doing a clean install of CROMI 3.4.4, hund v1.8.4, and CTM v1.4 i started getting the "android is upgrading..." dialogue at every reboot (it doesnt rebuild the cache at every boot, it goes straight to the "starting apps....finishing boot..." part that happens after dalvick is rebuilt). I tried reflashing with different settings and in a different order but i continue to get this no matter what i change. Yesterday I wiped all my data and rebuilt everything from scratch, 1 flash at a time. After flashing CROMI 3.4.1, hund v.1.8.4, and the 3.4.4 system patch I was able to reboot just fine and did not get the "android is upgrading..." dialogue. I then flashed CTM to complete my setup and started to get the "android is upgrading..." dialogue again. I wiped everything again and did another clean install and can confirm without a doubt that as soon as i flash CTM v1.4 over top of CROMI 3.4.4 and hund v1.8.4 i start getting the "android is upgrading..." dialogue at every reboot. This started when I did a clean install of my ROM and still persists after doing several complete wipes and reinstalls. I know this isnt being caused by any errant init.d scripts, i went through all of them and they dont touch dalvick, for ****s i tried removing them one at a time with a reboot in between and the problem doesnt go away. It cant be bc of a faulty bootloader or TWRP bc i did a clean flash of TWRP 2.4.3 and the JB bootloader before i rebuilt my system. When i started from scratch it was literally fresh from top to bottom, i first flashed twrp, then JB bootloader, then CROMI and hund kernel, then the 3.4.4 system patch, then CTM v1.4. I rebooted in between each step and didnt have issues until flashing CTM. I also tried doing the entire process in one TWRP session without reboots and it still didnt work. Ive tried every combination of flashes and reboots and nothing fixes it.

I dont know why this is happening, however, everytime i try to reboot my system after flashing CTM v1.4 in TWRP I am prompted by TWRP to repair the su binary and apps. I am running the ODEX version of CROMI and CTM, if TWRP repairs the SU binary with deodexed files could this be causing the "android is upgrading..." dialogue at every reboot. I dont know exactly how su works in android or how TWRP repairs it so this is completely speculation, its just the only thing that has been different. Everything works fine on my tablet, it is stil useable, i just hate things not running as they should and have been trying to fix this nonstop for about 5 days to no avail. It is starting to get really annoying. Please help, google doesnt help at all bc this problem doesnt happen until i flash CTM, and ive exhausted my troubleshooting repertoire.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
Re: [THEME][MOD] Color Theme Mod v1.4 for CleanROM 3.4.4

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice. Since doing a clean install of CROMI 3.4.4, hund v1.8.4, and CTM v1.4 i started getting the "android is upgrading..." dialogue at every reboot (it doesnt rebuild the cache at every boot, it goes straight to the "starting apps....finishing boot..." part that happens after dalvick is rebuilt). I tried reflashing with different settings and in a different order but i continue to get this no matter what i change. Yesterday I wiped all my data and rebuilt everything from scratch, 1 flash at a time. After flashing CROMI 3.4.1, hund v.1.8.4, and the 3.4.4 system patch I was able to reboot just fine and did not get the "android is upgrading..." dialogue. I then flashed CTM to complete my setup and started to get the "android is upgrading..." dialogue again. I wiped everything again and did another clean install and can confirm without a doubt that as soon as i flash CTM v1.4 over top of CROMI 3.4.4 and hund v1.8.4 i start getting the "android is upgrading..." dialogue at every reboot. This started when I did a clean install of my ROM and still persists after doing several complete wipes and reinstalls. I know this isnt being caused by any errant init.d scripts, i went through all of them and they dont touch dalvick, for ****s i tried removing them one at a time with a reboot in between and the problem doesnt go away. It cant be bc of a faulty bootloader or TWRP bc i did a clean flash of TWRP 2.4.3 and the JB bootloader before i rebuilt my system. When i started from scratch it was literally fresh from top to bottom, i first flashed twrp, then JB bootloader, then CROMI and hund kernel, then the 3.4.4 system patch, then CTM v1.4. I rebooted in between each step and didnt have issues until flashing CTM. I also tried doing the entire process in one TWRP session without reboots and it still didnt work. Ive tried every combination of flashes and reboots and nothing fixes it.

I dont know why this is happening, however, everytime i try to reboot my system after flashing CTM v1.4 in TWRP I am prompted by TWRP to repair the su binary and apps. I am running the ODEX version of CROMI and CTM, if TWRP repairs the SU binary with deodexed files could this be causing the "android is upgrading..." dialogue at every reboot. I dont know exactly how su works in android or how TWRP repairs it so this is completely speculation, its just the only thing that has been different. Everything works fine on my tablet, it is stil useable, i just hate things not running as they should and have been trying to fix this nonstop for about 5 days to no avail. It is starting to get really annoying. Please help, google doesnt help at all bc this problem doesnt happen until i flash CTM, and ive exhausted my troubleshooting repertoire.

Thanks.

I had the same issue when I used the color mods. TWRP would fix the binary and every time you restarted your tablet it would come back up starting apps and finishing boot. I also ran into some lag later on and eventually just did a fresh install without the mod. I dont think its no big issue with it doing this but Who am I to say this? Just wanted to back upp your claim. I am also using TWRP 3.4.4 odex.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
Rom: Cyanogen Nightlies 10.1 or CleanRom 3.4.4 - Depends on the mood :p .

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
Sorry to say I am not sure what would be causing this issue as I have not had this happen.

I have also been running twrp 2.4.3.0 and CROMI 3.4.4 ODEX, I have not however been using any other kernel other than stock with CTM

I am currently running the new update 4.2.1 but will downgrade tomorrow & have a look at what happens when I install a different kernel with CTM, but I can't see this making any difference.

I however do not get prompted by TWRP to repair the su binary and apps, so maybe this could be the issue? I'm not sure why you be prompted to do this?

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
Ok thanks, so that rules out the twrp repair the su binary and apps as the issue. I'll post this info on the 300 thread to see if anyone has this issue on the 300, could maybe be related to only the 700? I'm downgrading to 4.1.1 now and will have a look and see if I can replicate this issue.

FordPrefect

Ok thanks, so that rules out the twrp repair the su binary and apps as the issue. I'll post this info on the 300 thread to see if anyone has this issue on the 300, could maybe be related to only the 700? I'm downgrading to 4.1.1 now and will have a look and see if I can replicate this issue.

Not sure, how far that has an impact, but for you to know, I have never used the TWRP but rather the CWM touch recovery (v6.0.2.7).

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
I am on CROMI v3.4.4 and the CTM v1.4 ... consistently observing the same "android is upgrading..." thing after a reboot. I don't have the "repair the su binary and apps" problem though. Oh yes, for what it's worth, I am on the stock kernel.

Sorry is this after ever reboot for you or just the first one after installing CTM?

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
Ok been having some trouble downgrading back to 4.1.1 but sbdags has confirmed that he has this issue with or without CTM so I'm thinking it a 700 issue but not sure what the cause might be, but as it happens without CTM this does not seem to be the issue.

Reactions: lucius.zen

lucius.zen

Sep 16, 2012
Halifax
Sorry is this after ever reboot for you or just the first one after installing CTM?

I tried cleaning up supersu for reinstallation, manually updating the su binary in this manner did not seem to fix the issue either. Still getting the "android is upgrading" dialogue at every reboot.

---------- Post added 13th March 2013 at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 12th March 2013 at 11:52 PM ----------

Ok been having some trouble downgrading back to 4.1.1 but sbdags has confirmed that he has this issue with or without CTM so I'm thinking it a 700 issue but not sure what the cause might be, but as it happens without CTM this does not seem to be the issue.

Although I trust SDBags I can confirm that CTM is without a doubt the culprit. Read my original post. I originally tried to fix this by wiping my ROM and reinstalling CROMI. After reinstalling CROMI i continued to get the upgrading message. So, i did a complete wipe of my system and data and tried to recreate my problem from scratch to see where things go wrong.

Here are the steps I went through to recreate the problem on a completely clean system, I did reboots in between each step to test where the problem stems from. Before setting up my system I reinstalled the most recent TWRP update and reflashed the JB bootloader. Everything was completely fresh top to bottom.

1) Flash CROMI 3.4.1 and kernel
2) Reboot (normal boot)
3) Update apps
4) Reboot (normal boot)
5) Flash 3.4.4
6) Reboot (normal boot)
7) Clean up bloat
8) Reboot (normal boot)
9) Install user apps
10) Reboot (normal boot)
9) Set up tweaks and update each apps settings
11) Reboot (normal boot)
12) Clean system files, app data, and caches
13) Reboot (normal boot)
14) Run Lagfix
15) Reboot (normal boot)
16) Benchmark tests, stability tests, real-world tests
17) Reboot (normal boot)
18) Use for a full day of normal use
19) Reboots (normal)
19) Flash CTM v1.4 - ASKED TO FIX SU BINARY
20) Reboot - STARTED GETTING "ANDOID IS UPGRADING..." AT EVERY BOOT
21) Remove init.d scripts and clear cache
22) Reboot (android is upgrading...)
23) Reflash CROMI and kernel
24) Reboot (android is upgrading)
25) Reflash CTM
26) Reboot (android is upgrading)
27) Cleanup supersu for reinstallation
28) Reboot (android is upgrading)
29) Fix su binary manually
30) Reboot (android is upgrading)

As you can see on a completely fresh install of CROMI 3.4.4 I am able to reboot normally and do not get the "android is upgrading" message. After setting up my entire system, tweaking it, cleaning it, testing it, and using it for a day I did not once receive the "android is upgrading" dialogue on a single reboot (except for when I actually cleared dalvick). I wiped again today and redid this entire process again with a few steps reordered. As soon as i flashed CTM this problem started to happen again.

I just tried wiping my ROM again and reinstalling without CTM and the problem continues to persists despite not installing CTM. If you have ever installed CTM over 3.4.4 then reflashing a clean ROM will not fix this message, you have to do a complete wipe and reinstall your entire system in order to get rid of this message. Although SDbags is gettng this msg and doesnt have CTM installed right now, I do know that he has used CTM in the past, so he would have to do an entire wipe and clean install to get rid of this message. Even if you wipe your ROM and reinstall without CTM this error will still pop up if you have ever flashed CTM over 3.4.4 in the past. I wouldnt rule out CTM, my tests clearly demonstrate this is the source of the problem. Until someone completely wipes their system and are able to recreate this problem without flashing CTM then I am confident in my assessment.

Last edited:

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
Ok, I can't do any testing at the moment being on 4.2.1

Can you try just the following and see if issue occurs

Flash CROMI 3.4.1
Reboot
Flash 3.4.4
Reboot
Flash CTM v1.4
Reboot

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
To clarify I have seen this message since the original CleanROM 2.3 from scrosler so it is nothing ctm is doing in particular. It may be a modded system file that causes it. Who knows? I did investigate a while back and other roms on other devices have the same issue.

As far as I can tell it is purely cosmetic so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just had a bought pjc. Try deleting everything from /tmp maybe that causes it?

Last edited:

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
just wanted to mention i'm still on cromi3.4 and using v1.3 of this mod. I still use old twrp , i have read that the newer ones give alot of su questions/ fixing? ... I havn't had this problem , however i always flash my kernel last (atm hundsbuah v1.9). I noticed you do the colormod last, i don't know if this could be the difference else it is only with newer 3.4X / v1.4 / newer twrp...

lucius.zen

Sep 16, 2012
Halifax
Ok, I can't do any testing at the moment being on 4.2.1

Can you try just the following and see if issue occurs

Flash CROMI 3.4.1
Reboot
Flash 3.4.4
Reboot
Flash CTM v1.4
Reboot

ive tried this many times in different orders before i installed any apps to make sure it wasnt caused by any apps or tweaks. as soon as i flash CTM mod it starts happening, no matter what order i set up my system. i also dont think its entirely cosmetic, i was getting 7500 in quadrant before, now i get 7350, transitions are also not as smooth.

Last edited:

iamborba

Feb 7, 2013
Is there a way to just change the soft keys color, and nothing else. Want to make them the same color as the clock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Color Theme Mod v1.5
    For CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.7 (DEODEX/ODEX)

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2013-02-05-12-26-18.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-12-27-44.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-13-05-07.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-13-05-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-09-21-11-11.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-09-21-11-44.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-13-49-54.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-13-50-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-18-13-53-28.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-13-53-42.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-14-00-21.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-14-00-36.jpg

Requirements:
    1. Must have Root
    2. Custom Recovery Installed (TWRP or CWM)
    3. CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.7

Files affected:
    • framework-res.apk
    • Browser.apk
    • Settings.apk
    • SystemUI.apk
    • TaskManager.apk
    • Transformer.apk
    • Stock Launcher (optional)
    • JB Launcher (optional)

Instructions:
    Download the zip and copy to internal or external memory, boot into recovery & install mod zip. Enjoy.

Aroma Install Options:

Rom Version:
    • DEODEX
    • ODEX

Themes options :
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow Gold

Softkey options: (colored to your theme of choice)
    • Stock Android Softkeys
    • Stock Asus Softkeys

Softkey Color: (choose softkey color)
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow

Launcher options: (colored to your theme of choice)
    • Stock Launcher
    • JB Launcher
    • Stock Launcher – Keep Layout (ONLY IF STOCK IS YOUR CURRENT LAUNCHER)
    • JB Launcher – Keep Layout (ONLY IF JB IS YOUR CURRENT LAUNCHER)
    • Skip Launchers

System Type: (Remove Notifications & Battery % text)
    • Stock
    • Stock - No Battery Text
    • No Notifications
    • No Notifications - No Battery Text
    • Skip (If your installing CTM after a custom systemui flash)

System Bar Color: (choose system/status bar color)
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Grey
    • Black
    • Skip (If your installing CTM after a custom systemui flash)

Battery Mods: (Skip to kept stock look battery)
    • Blue Circle
    • Green Circle
    • Orange Circle
    • Purple Circle
    • Red Circle
    • White Circle
    • Yellow Circle
    • Colored Circle
    • Blue Sphere
    • Skip

Mouse Color: (skip will kept chosen theme color)
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow
    • Black
    • Skip

sdbags – for his Awesome Rom, how to odex apk files & testing.
    timberwolf671 – for help with how to compile systemUI & testing.
    Goddly – for testing.
    elesbb - for No SD & No Dock Notification Mods and help with SystemUI f/c issues & testing.

Change Log:
    29/03/13 v1.5
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.7
    • Added options to select softkey style & color
    • Added options to select System/status bar color
    • Added theme color to Transformer charge icons

03/03/13 v1.4
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.4
    • Added option to remove battery % text under battery icons on notification menu
    • Added highlights to softkeys
    • Updated white theme softkey color

26/02/13 v1.3
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.1
    • Added Softkey options (Android or Asus)
    • Modified Transformer.apk to fix f/c issue with 1% batteries for dock.

19/02/13 v1.2
    • Rewrite of updater-script (changed the way it themes some of the apk)
    • Added Stock Purple Theme
    • Added Stock Yellow Gold Theme
    • Added Stock White Theme
    • Added 1% Battery Mods for dock & tablet
    • Added option to change mouse color
    • Added more colored images in themes (home, recent, back etc)

10/02/13 v1.1
    • OXED Compatible
    • Added Stock Red Theme

06/02/13
    • Initial release v1.0

Download Link
    CTM v1.5 for CROMI 3.4.6-7

Bugs:
    • No know bugs, please let me know if you find any.

Will also make requested system/status bar colors as flashable zip files.

Hit thanks if you like my mod.
    Updated CTM v1.4 for CROMI 3.4.4

Updated CTM v1.4 for CROMI 3.4.4

Changelog:
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.4
    • Added option to remove battery % text under battery icons on notification menu
    • Added highlights to softkeys
    • Updated white theme softkey color
    Screenshots of v1.2

Here are some screenshots of v1.2, download link should be up by tomorrow.
    Also now posted Easy Custom Battery Mod

Change log v1.2
    - Rewrite of updater-script (changed the way it themes some of the apk's)
    - Added Stock Purple Theme
    - Added Stock Yellow Gold Theme
    - Added Stock White Theme
    - Added 1% Battery Mods for dock & tablet
    - Added option to change mouse color
    - Added more colored images in themes (home, recent, back etc)
    ODEX Update v1.1

Finished uploading Update v1.1
    • ODEX Compatible
    • Stock Red Theme
    Screenshot_2013-02-09-21-11-11.jpg
    Update v1.3 for CROMI 3.4.1

Updated CTM v1.3 for CROMI 3.4.1

• Updated for CROMI 3.4.1
    • Added Softkey options (Android or Asus)
    • Modified Transformer.apk to fix f/c issue with 1% batteries for dock.