[custom Radio/SPL for dummies][32B]

Search This thread

rentmyhome1

Oct 20, 2009
Bricked my mytoucg 3g (b) phone

Hello everyone. I'm creating this thread because there are many noobs, just like myself, who ask too many questions and fail to use search properly. I just want to make it easier for dummies to find and do this, I take no credit for the work below mentioned people have done. I want to say thank you to those who made this all possible.

CLShortFuse for making super easy Rooting method. Original topic.

Amon_RA for making custom recovery for all of us. RA recovery thread

dasunsrule32 for making easy step by step tutorial. Original thread

xillius200 for providing flashable zips and guide. Original thread

Ohsaka and ezterry for amazing superwipe. Original thread

This is for MyTouch 3G 32B original (No Fender, 3.5 mm jack)

You will be flashing:
Radio: 2.22.27.08
SPL: 1.33.0013d

1. Your device should be rooted if you want to do it. SuperOneClick should work like a charm. Could be found here.

2. Download recovery and install it if you didn't do it yet. It could be performed by using Clockwork's app from the market. You can also use Clockwork's recovery if you want.

Note: The new OTA 2.2.1 update is going to restore original recovery after each boot, and will delete the custom one. (This happened to me) I tried flashing ROM before it was deleted and got Boot loops, no matter what ROM I used. Boot loop is when your phone got stuck on the green "MyTouch" image and restarts in circles. This is my way of doing it because I was a noob and found it longer but easy. Search through the thread, some of the users described that it is not necessary to downgrade. What helped me was flashing Android 1.5, then updating it to 1.6, and from there installing custom ROM. It worked for me, I'm not sure it will work for everyone. dasunsrule32 says you need custom SPL for doing it, but it worked for me without one.

Tutorial is here, chose section DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:

3. Download flashable zips (radio and hboot) from xillius200 post (here) and download Ohsaka's superwipe here

4. Put Radio, hboot, and superwipe zip files into root directory of your SD card.

5. Make a nandroid back up (through recovery). And do Titanium back up of your apps and data, read the note:

Note: your current ROM might not be working with new radio and SPL, as mine OTA Rom did not work. I had to flash specific one. So make sure you backed up your apps and data. Titanium backup from Market should work fine.

6. Download ROM that you will be using. Make sure it works with the SPL and Radio you will be changing.

7. Make sure you have done step 4. Go into recovery and chose "install zip" and pick superwipe. Wait for it to finish and Chose "Power OFF." and then boot up into recovery.

8. Now you are good to flash Radio. Chose "Flash Zip" and pick radio and flash it. Your phone should reboot, I think mine didn't so I had to do it manually.

9. Boot into recovery again and now flash hboot zip file. Your phone should reboot after flashing.

10. Now you should be done and can flash the ROM. You can check your radio and SPL by booting your phone by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.

PS: I take no responsibility if you brick your device.

Bricked my mytoucg 3g (b) phone after flashing the radio from this link..ANY HELP?

htcmagic

Jul 8, 2009
Note: The new OTA 2.2.1 update is going to restore original recovery after each boot, and will delete the custom one. (This happened to me) I tried flashing ROM before it was deleted and got Boot loops, no matter what ROM I used. Boot loop is when your phone got stuck on the green "MyTouch" image and restarts in circles. This is my way of doing it because I was a noob and found it longer but easy. Search through the thread, some of the users described that it is not necessary to downgrade. What helped me was flashing Android 1.5, then updating it to 1.6, and from there installing custom ROM. It worked for me, I'm not sure it will work for everyone. dasunsrule32 says you need custom SPL for doing it, but it worked for me without one.

I have the uk vodafone htc magic 2.2.1 OTA. I am unable to flash a custom recovery becasue it overrides it at boot. I would like to downgrade to 1.6 donut.

You mention this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=807899 to downgrade, but the method is going in circles.

SPL (OFFICIAL):must be running the 1.6 OTA (which I am not)

DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:Make sure to have an engineering (s-OFF) SPL installed If you don't, use the SPL (WORKAROUND) (ok I will use that)

SPL WORKAROUND (OFFICIAL):This is assuming you are running stock 1.6(which I am not)

Any help please? I just need to downgrade to donut.
My phone specs are
Sapphire PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT 1.33.0013
CPLD-10
RADIO 2.22.28.25

Thanks

AntonJart

Oct 21, 2010
Reseda
I have the uk vodafone htc magic 2.2.1 OTA. I am unable to flash a custom recovery becasue it overrides it at boot. I would like to downgrade to 1.6 donut.

You mention this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=807899 to downgrade, but the method is going in circles.

SPL (OFFICIAL):must be running the 1.6 OTA (which I am not)

DOWNGRADE TO DONUT OTA:Make sure to have an engineering (s-OFF) SPL installed If you don't, use the SPL (WORKAROUND) (ok I will use that)

SPL WORKAROUND (OFFICIAL):This is assuming you are running stock 1.6(which I am not)

Any help please? I just need to downgrade to donut.
My phone specs are
Sapphire PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT 1.33.0013
CPLD-10
RADIO 2.22.28.25

Thanks

I downgraded to Donut without custom Radio and SPL, straight from the OTA Froyo. Then I installed custom Froyo rom. After that I decided to go with rom that needed new radio, and only then I installed custom radio and SPL. So I believe you can downgrade without custom Radio and SPL

htcmagic

Jul 8, 2009
I downgraded to Donut without custom Radio and SPL, straight from the OTA Froyo. Then I installed custom Froyo rom. After that I decided to go with rom that needed new radio, and only then I installed custom radio and SPL. So I believe you can downgrade without custom Radio and SPL

Thanks, but the current system does not let me put a custom recovery to put on a new rom.
I tried from phone terminal, also from adb shell, but still vodafone logo loop at the beginning. It overrides the recovery with the default one.

Could you share the steps please?

AntonJart

Oct 21, 2010
Reseda
Thanks, but the current system does not let me put a custom recovery to put on a new rom.
I tried from phone terminal, also from adb shell, but still vodafone logo loop at the beginning. It overrides the recovery with the default one.

Could you share the steps please?

because new update overrides it. I downgraded by using SAPPIMG.nbh via fastboot menu. By the way someone has described and easier way of doing it in this thread.

edward0119

Feb 10, 2011
Zibo
I am a rookie
I just wanna confirm,may i flash this radio/spl into my t-mobile magic 32B?
I made it bricked once before...

Terrold

May 1, 2011
Willard
Alright, I've followed the directions to get the new spl/radio on the 32b. I'm still having some trouble getting the hboot and the radio to flash.

First I will tell ya what I have and you can tell me what kinda noob mistake I'm making.

Sapphire pvt 32b ship s-on g
hboot-1.33.0006 (sapp30000)
cpld-10
radio-2.22.19.26i

Alright I'm trying to get the new hboot and radio to flash the ginger yoshi 1.1.

I did the full wipe and flashed the wipe script, my sd card is previously partitioned
(I personally didn't root it, though I'm not new to rooting/flashing etc)

I tried flashing the files via cwm as stated the the op. I even tried getting the amon recovery which I couldn't get to load via terminal emulator.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

datafoo

May 11, 2010
Alright, I've followed the directions to get the new spl/radio on the 32b. I'm still having some trouble getting the hboot and the radio to flash.

First I will tell ya what I have and you can tell me what kinda noob mistake I'm making.

Sapphire pvt 32b ship s-on g
hboot-1.33.0006 (sapp30000)
cpld-10
radio-2.22.19.26i

Alright I'm trying to get the new hboot and radio to flash the ginger yoshi 1.1.

I did the full wipe and flashed the wipe script, my sd card is previously partitioned
(I personally didn't root it, though I'm not new to rooting/flashing etc)

I tried flashing the files via cwm as stated the the op. I even tried getting the amon recovery which I couldn't get to load via terminal emulator.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

I was suprised how easy this was.

I am also Sapphire pvt 32b ship s-on g with my TMOUS MYT3G.

1. I rooted using the recommended method on a stock OTA 2.2.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

2. I then installed Clockwork Mod from the Market and installed the Clockwork recovery partition.

(All reboots from advanced CWM internal menu due to broken lower volume key)
3. Rebooted into CWM and did the superwipe.
4. Rebooted back into CWM and flashed SPL/HBOOT
5. Rebooted back into CWM and flashed the Radio.
6. Rebooted back into CWM and flashed Yoshi's GB Rom.

First boot took the normal 5-10 minutes and booted without issue. Used Fastboot to reboot into bootloader and verified I've got the new Radio+SPL with no downgrade , no SPL workaround required.

luminiz

Jun 7, 2010
I have same problem...hboot and radio dont change after i flash the zips and fastboot

I have same problem...hboot and radio dont change after i flash the zips and fastboot

romis138

Aug 16, 2010
Same. Flash and reboot through menu, unit has the flashing android symbol, then reboots again. Did this each time for each item to flash and still no changed radio.

32b with ESPRESSO PVT SHIP S-OFF, 7.15.35.16 radio. Using ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1..

any suggestions appreciated.

RsConqueror

Jun 23, 2009
Boston
After following the instructions and flashing the radio my 32b mytouch is stuck on the green screen and I can no longer access fastboot or recovery. Any suggestions?

phoenix20815

Mar 19, 2010
flashed my htc magic with the radio and now i only see the htc splash screen, no response to get into recovery mode / fastboot mode.

well WTF did i wrong? as i flashed my phone about 100 times this never happend to me.... :confused:

andrix10

Feb 11, 2011
California
k so i tried flashing the radio, it restarted and was stuck on htc magic screen, so i removed the battery and tried getting into bootloader with button down and power, but all it does is just turns on and shows the htc magic screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial was written specifically for T-Mobile MyTouch 3G 32B. It will ruin your device if you flash it elsewhere rather than on 32B MyTouch 3G. This thread is no longer supported because: 1. I do not remember anything about MyTouch 3G anymore; and 2. I do not have it anymore.

Also files could be corrupt after two years no one payed attention to them. So everything you do from this thread is solely on your own risk!

Hello everyone. I'm creating this thread because there are many noobs, just like myself, who ask too many questions and fail to use search properly. I just want to make it easier for dummies to find and do this, I take no credit for the work below mentioned people have done. I want to say thank you to those who made this all possible.

You will be flashing:

1. Your device should be rooted if you want to do it. SuperOneClick should work like a charm. Could be found here.

2. Download recovery and install it if you didn't do it yet. It could be performed by using Clockwork's app from the market. You can also use Clockwork's recovery if you want.

3. Download flashable zips (radio and hboot) from xillius200 post (here) and download Ohsaka's superwipe here

4. Put Radio, hboot, and superwipe zip files into root directory of your SD card.

5. Make a nandroid back up (through recovery). And do Titanium back up of your apps and data, read the note:

Note: your current ROM might not be working with new radio and SPL, as mine OTA Rom did not work. I had to flash specific one. So make sure you backed up your apps and data. Titanium backup from Market should work fine.

6. Download ROM that you will be using. Make sure it works with the SPL and Radio you will be changing.

7. Make sure you have done step 4. Go into recovery and chose "install zip" and pick superwipe. Wait for it to finish and Chose "Power OFF." and then boot up into recovery.

8. Now you are good to flash Radio. Chose "Flash Zip" and pick radio and flash it. Your phone should reboot, I think mine didn't so I had to do it manually.

9. Boot into recovery again and now flash hboot zip file. Your phone should reboot after flashing.

10. Now you should be done and can flash the ROM. You can check your radio and SPL by booting your phone by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.

before you can do step 1, your device needs to be rooted....

You will be flashing:

Note: The new OTA 2.2.1 update is going to restore original recovery after each boot, and will delete the custom one. (This happened to me) I tried flashing ROM before it was deleted and got Boot loops, no matter what ROM I used. Boot loop is when your phone got stuck on the green "MyTouch" image and restarts in circles. What helped me was flashing Android 1.5, then updating it to 1.6, and from there installing custom ROM. It worked for me, I'm not sure it will work for everyone. dasunsrule32 says you need custom SPL for doing it, but it worked for me without one.

Thanks for this wonderful post, but an important correction. There is no need to downgrade to Donut when flashing a rom. All you need is a rom with a 2708/28.25/0013spl compatible kernel. Or flash ezterry's compatible kernel (link in my sig) after whichever rom you install.

I rooted my T-mobile MT3G 32B running oem 2.2.1 with superoneclick, flashed ra recovery via rom manager, did a full wipe in amon ra recovery, flashed a rom, flashed ezterry's kernel and booted right up.

There is absolutely no need to downgrade to Donut.
    Thanks for this wonderful post, but an important correction. There is no need to downgrade to Donut when flashing a rom. All you need is a rom with a 2708/28.25/0013spl compatible kernel. Or flash ezterry's compatible kernel (link in my sig) after whichever rom you install.

I rooted my T-mobile MT3G 32B running oem 2.2.1 with superoneclick, flashed ra recovery via rom manager, did a full wipe in amon ra recovery, flashed a rom, flashed ezterry's kernel and booted right up.

There is absolutely no need to downgrade to Donut.

To further expand, on a completely unrooted device (ota 2.2.1 all stock, NON-ROOTED) if you root and flash ezterry's kernel it will work just fine and there's no need to wipe your data.

Backing up is still highly recommended in case something goes awry.

I ran my phone this way for a while (all stock ota 2.2.1 with ezterry's 614 kernel and new spl/radio) and it was very stable and smoking fast. Link in my sig.