FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

3 in 1!!! [Consumption, Battery, Arabic]

1,271 posts
Thanks Meter: 272
 
By Life Engineer, Senior Member on 12th January 2011, 07:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok so i have 3 questions in 1 thread!
I have a X10 mini pro 2.1 (U20i):

1- Has anyone "currentwidget" working on this phone?!
I installed it and the widget shows always Error (i have root access).
Any help is appreciated!

2- How to maximize battery consumption!?! It's barely holding 15hrs of minimal use!!! Wiped the battstats and didn't have so much improvement!
Any help is appreciated!

3- I need arabic support for the phone! Does somebody have it working?!? Where can i find libs, frameworks...?!
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
12th January 2011, 11:30 AM |#2  
Life Engineer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
WAW 50 views and still not one single reply!!!
You are very helpful here guys...
12th January 2011, 12:24 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer

WAW 50 views and still not one single reply!!!
You are very helpful here guys...

Had you known that, you would have took the time to

(1) Check the wiki.
(2) Post one thread for every question you had.
12th January 2011, 12:57 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer

WAW 50 views and still not one single reply!!!
You are very helpful here guys...

I'm guessing like the other 50+ viewers they didn't know what you were asking until they actually viewed your post. Consumption, Battery, Arabic doesn't give much away. For all we know, you could have been asking about memory usage, buying a new battery, and an arabic font pack!
12th January 2011, 01:29 PM |#5  
Life Engineer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Well not bad! I managed to get ur 2 replies guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppirate

Had you known that, you would have took the time to

(1) Check the wiki.
(2) Post one thread for every question you had.

U r right about reading but i don't have so much time! But about a thread for every question, u r wrong! I did that to minimize threads, time, replies, space, human resources
Thanks man for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsome

I'm guessing like the other 50+ viewers they didn't know what you were asking until they actually viewed your post. Consumption, Battery, Arabic doesn't give much away. For all we know, you could have been asking about memory usage, buying a new battery, and an arabic font pack!

Exactly! And do you think that among those 50+ viewers, there weren't anyone that know about any 1 issue from the 3 that i posted?!?!
12th January 2011, 10:32 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 51
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer

Ok so i have 3 questions in 1 thread!
I have a X10 mini pro 2.1 (U20i):

1- Has anyone "currentwidget" working on this phone?!
I installed it and the widget shows always Error (i have root access).
Any help is appreciated!

2- How to maximize battery consumption!?! It's barely holding 15hrs of minimal use!!! Wiped the battstats and didn't have so much improvement!
Any help is appreciated!

3- I need arabic support for the phone! Does somebody have it working?!? Where can i find libs, frameworks...?!
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Ok, this is the solution to about half of your problems .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/anno...263#td_post_81

And let's see if I can answer those questions!

1. It does not work, at least the one in the market... It's for the nexus one, there is a ported version for the vibrant too, but I'm not sure if it will work either. Anyway, it's a bit of a stupid program, go buy System Panel.

2. It is more about running proceses than anything. Best app you could download to see what is running wildly, System Panel (and yes, pay for it), or just take some other task killer, like Advanced Task Killer, and see what runs without you wanting too. You should uninstall that crap. Start with Timescape. That app is truly pure crap.
Ah, also, put the widget Power Control (which come included) and try to keep everything deactivated as long as you can. Each of those things SWALLOW battery, more than eat. Put APNdroid, and keep internet deactivated too. Download Setcpu (it's free in this forum) and put the minimum Hz to 128 (the minimum you can put).
What else... eliminate all the SE **** you can and whenever you are not using the phone, kill all the running apps with Advanced Task Killer. Or you can use Autokiller, didn't work for me.
Put a battery percentage icon too. You will notice when something is eating your battery with it. If you don't want a theme, use Battery Indicator.

3. Sorry, don't know what the hell I could use that for. Open a thread for this.

EDIT: looked att your profiel, and man, you are no noob, why the hell are you asking how to improve your battery? It is a standard, androids consume if you let them, nothing else. If you really need battery, underclock it with setcpu and problem solved.
13th January 2011, 06:22 AM |#7  
Life Engineer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loger8

Ok, this is the solution to about half of your problems .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/anno...263#td_post_81

And let's see if I can answer those questions!

1. It does not work, at least the one in the market... It's for the nexus one, there is a ported version for the vibrant too, but I'm not sure if it will work either. Anyway, it's a bit of a stupid program, go buy System Panel.

2. It is more about running proceses than anything. Best app you could download to see what is running wildly, System Panel (and yes, pay for it), or just take some other task killer, like Advanced Task Killer, and see what runs without you wanting too. You should uninstall that crap. Start with Timescape. That app is truly pure crap.
Ah, also, put the widget Power Control (which come included) and try to keep everything deactivated as long as you can. Each of those things SWALLOW battery, more than eat. Put APNdroid, and keep internet deactivated too. Download Setcpu (it's free in this forum) and put the minimum Hz to 128 (the minimum you can put).
What else... eliminate all the SE **** you can and whenever you are not using the phone, kill all the running apps with Advanced Task Killer. Or you can use Autokiller, didn't work for me.
Put a battery percentage icon too. You will notice when something is eating your battery with it. If you don't want a theme, use Battery Indicator.

3. Sorry, don't know what the hell I could use that for. Open a thread for this.

EDIT: looked att your profiel, and man, you are no noob, why the hell are you asking how to improve your battery? It is a standard, androids consume if you let them, nothing else. If you really need battery, underclock it with setcpu and problem solved.

First of all thanks for your reply!

About current consumption I'll try also "battery monitor widget" to see if it works!

Man i asked those bcz i'm not a perfect noob (we all are noobs at some point); i'm concentrating my efforts on my HD2 and i dont have so much time for this X10 minipro; so i asked bcz maybe there is some kind of a trick or a known bud/problem that may decrease battery consumption!
About downclocking, my own experience (and many others) shows that it doesn't affect battery much (barely 5 to 10% so it's not worth it) and besides it introduces instabilities so i prefer not to tweak anything about CPU.

However i thank for re-introducing the autokiller memory to my mind bcz i completely forgot it although i'm using it on my HD2!!! hahaha
13th January 2011, 08:28 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 51
 
Donate to Me
More
Oh, no problem then, dude ^^ mm downclocking does work for me, i believe :/ anyway, the best memory optimizer is autokiller, trust me in that see you around!!

Sent from my E10i using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to loger8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift loger8 Ad-Free
13th January 2011, 03:23 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
To me the name this thread looked as if you´ve found a piece of software which solves these three problems.

Just to address your battery problem - no there is no solution unless you cut off data transmission or use GPRS instead of 3G. 15 hours is decent time.

Can´t say anything about Arabic, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to vlissine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vlissine Ad-Free
13th January 2011, 03:50 PM |#10  
Life Engineer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlissine

To me the name this thread looked as if you´ve found a piece of software which solves these three problems.

Hehehehe this is called "Marketing"
14th January 2011, 08:41 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer

Hehehehe this is called "Marketing"

This also means I will never open a thread which you started, mate. So it works only once.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes