[APP] e-Natives Showcase 1.1.0 - Finger Friendly Task Switcher [New 18/9/09 WM6.5.x]

Search This thread

janpolet

Dec 17, 2009
Rijswijk
I've tried version 1.0.1b on the HTC HD2. When I click the top right icon on the screen, the app doesn't always start.

I've also tried verstion 1.1.0, but it screws up de HD2's GUI and there is no "Showcase Settings" icon to be found, so I can't turn it on. After trying to uninstall the app, it froze de HD2 intierly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jan

VortexDK

Dec 6, 2008
I've tried version 1.0.1b on the HTC HD2. When I click the top right icon on the screen, the app doesn't always start.

I've also tried verstion 1.1.0, but it screws up de HD2's GUI and there is no "Showcase Settings" icon to be found, so I can't turn it on. After trying to uninstall the app, it froze de HD2 intierly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jan

I have the exact same problem on my Blackstone with xannytech grid evo 1.7 roms here the application doesn't always show up when press the icon

CyberSniper

Oct 16, 2007
On my HD2, I've found that when some built-in applications are used, namely MSN Messenger or Facebook, Showcase can't be started. I'm using Touch X's longpress send button version and I've found that if I bring up the default task manager and end those programs, showcase will automatically popup again.

cheahcl

Nov 11, 2009
Winnipeg
same problem on my HD2... doesn't always open. However I noticed that if it doesn't start and I open Opera9 (default browser that came with phone), showcase will open shortly after. :confused:

I want to uninstall it but now it leaves a void at the top right corner where the icon used to be. How do I fix that?? Thanks..

Last edited:

moein_id

Apr 7, 2007
kerman
hi
i install this app on new gui but when i hold start icon dont open showcase window only close (x) work

befor i do hard reset , in my devic i instaling this and work compeletly but now dont open this window
attachment.php

plz help me i need this app i reinstall it 1000X and hard reset but dont open :((

Last edited:

lunacie

Aug 2, 2008
New York, NY
What I've noticed is that if the weather animation is running (on TP - I know, old device...) then Showcase sometimes won't start, even after the animation is finished. Fix for this is launch Showcase from any tab EXCEPT home or weather.

Can't speak to HD2 and other apps interfering, because although I'm using most of the LEO packages on my TP (cooked my Sense 2.5.1921.xxx based ROM that way), I'm sure there's still lots different.

schen

Apr 28, 2004
I noted a problem with 1.1.0:

(Using BsB 6.5.1G ROM on Diamond)

Activesync is unstable:

When connecting the data cable and menu shows up to chose between Activesync & Disk Drive, Connect to PC remains stuck on taskbar.

Data transfer is miserably slow.

Uninstalling Showcase Suite 1.1.0 solves issue

Showcase did have problem with HTCUSBToPCPopUp.exe. Showcase also have problem with HTCUSBToPC.exe(Control Panel). Both of this are newer USBtoPC from HTC. But SHowcase do not have any problem with USBToPC.exe(Older version where you can nly choose Activesync or Disk Drive and no Internet sharing). A Solution to check your prefered connection and to check "Dont ask me again next time....." and soft reset and dont touch the HTCUSBToPC.exe again. This will prevent the pop up to run when you plug in our device. Activesync or Disk Drive will connect as usual You just dont have the choice when you plug in. I have USBToPC.exe(old one) build into the ROM so I can choose manually before connecting the device.

I know all the task manager for WM6.5.3 have their own problem...but right now I give showcase a go until I find anythig serius about it.....

Joker2206

Aug 29, 2009
Showcase 1.0.1b works on HD2 but doesn't show always when I press X button (mostly it doesn't).
Version 1.1 doesn't have X button at all, but I guess you can turn it on in registry. Ver. 1.1 moves my Manilla position which is funny.
On my GF's Topaz ver. 1.0.1b works perfect. I wish it works same on HD2

Conclusion: Showcase sucks on HD2 .. haha (what a conclusion)
Still No.1 finger friendly Task manager....but can't use it on my phone, and don't wanna give HD2 for Topaz :)

Joker2206

Aug 29, 2009
Showcase 1.0.1b works on HD2 but doesn't show always when I press X button (mostly it doesn't).
Version 1.1 doesn't have X button at all, but I guess you can turn it on in registry. Ver. 1.1 moves my Manilla position which is funny.

Still No.1 finger friendly Task manager....but can't use it on my phone, and don't wanna give HD2 for Topaz :)

Any solutions ?

hefman

May 21, 2006

Any solutions ?

First of all, in the Showcase Suite post (3rd post) it clearly states that SS 1.1 is for WM builds 6.5.X or higher. If you don't have the Start and X button on the bottom bar, then that version won't work -- you can only use 1.0.1b.

It seems that your problem on the HD2 has already been reported a couple times, without any solutions. Something on the HD2 rom seems to be conflicting.

The developer just got married, so I doubt you'll get much of a response from him. Besides, he hasn't been on this thread much lately anyway. I hate to say it, but you'll probably need to look for another option, unless you want to troubleshoot it yourself. My suggestion would be to try to disable a bunch of programs that are in your Startup folder and see if that changes anything. You can re-enable them one by one and you might be able to find the conflict. Registry settings are also another thing you can try...

dddnnnggg

Oct 29, 2008
Please tell me how could i turn the stop the X enhancement permanently, every time i stop it it returns to running after a soft reset.

thanks in advnace

dddnnnggg

Oct 29, 2008
Well I do not need to uninstall the whole Showcase application, i just want to disable the X enhancement.

dddnnnggg

Oct 29, 2008
well i do not think that the x enhancement is a separated application from the showcase, i believe that there should be some registry tweak or something.

jenyayah

Mar 18, 2009
St.Petersburg
Showcase and Resco on OMNIA

Hi everyone!
Just installed ver1.1.0 on OMNIA (Win 6.5 b28205).

And faced with few problems \ questions.

1st one is Resco Explorer - by default it was added to Fix Win Classes section
and started in a small window (I can see manilla's tabs on the bottom - home people and so on) it looks like window size for 320x240 resolution.
After that Ive remove the Resco from Fix registry section and reboot - in this case Resco widow much bigger but now its a bit cut by windows bottom toolbar (with start \ close buttons).
So the question is - how can I fix the screen size ?

And the second question about vibrating events - as I understand by default device should vibrate for 30 ms when I want to start Showcase via START button (tap & hold), and the second event is when I tap start or X buttons..
(Am I right ?)
So, no vibrating at all!
Please advise!

And the last question - why activesync isnt displayed in the active apps list ?

Thanx in advance!

Last edited:

jenyayah

Mar 18, 2009
St.Petersburg
Small investigation..
M2D UI.
The top panel (with battery & clock) - 18 pixels height.
The bottom (with Start button) - 34.

Enter "SUITE_NewTaskbarSize" = 18 (DEC)
- RESCO placed exactly under top panel - its ok.

After that enter "SUITE_OldTaskbarSize" = 34
- RESCO bottom line is available on 16 pixels over the bottom panel.

Strange..

Put the 18 pixels to SUITE_OldTaskbarSize (34-16=18)
- RESCO didnt start at all!

Please help!)

Thanx!

Last edited:

jenyayah

Mar 18, 2009
St.Petersburg
It is strange but for resolution 400x240
you should set in the registry

NewTaskbarSize = 18 (DEC)
OldTaskbarSize = 26 (DEC)

in this case resco explorer fits exactly between new toolbars!

Hi everyone!
Just installed ver1.1.0 on OMNIA (Win 6.5 b28205).

And the second question about vibrating events - as I understand by default device should vibrate for 30 ms when I want to start Showcase via START button (tap & hold), and the second event is when I tap start or X buttons..
(Am I right ?)
So, no vibrating at all!
Please advise!

And the last question - why activesync isnt displayed in the active apps list ?

Thanx in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now you can edit the icon using ResHack for Showcase_X.exe, There is 3 Bitmap on resource, Black (#000000) is Transparent color. :D

The 3 bitmaps you mention are the 3 icons across the new taskbar.

Im after editing the single icon which is always visable on the home screen. Which is the same as bitmap 129, but doesnt the image have its own resource or not??

Otherwise if I replace one ill have to do all 3 as otherwise it'll stick out as bitmap 129 needs to match the taskbar as shown below :)

Thanks
    dude... you've at the very least show all processes... not just applications..

think about it. without showing all processes to have it running as a task manager, it's just like using HTC's XButton...
    i like the interface btw :)

+1 It would be awesome to have a tab for the processes, it would be a real task manager :D