Bulgarian keyboard for HD2/WVGA devices with EzInput

Search This thread

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
So here is the link to the maker of T9 input:

http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-solution/t9/index.htm

You may contact the company or one of following company partners for the necessary files for HD2 keyboard Bulgarian T9:

http://xt9dev.nuancemobiledeveloper.com/content/partners

There is a Download Development Tools link but only accessible after login:

http://xt9dev.nuancemobiledeveloper.com/home

WOW. This is something I havent found since now. I wil lcontact the developers. Unfortunately, I dont get many answers when I ask, almost no one of the people I contacted for help answered me, but still.
If I have the knowledge ( I know only html and css) and get the dev tools, I might add even the xt9 suort working.
For the time being, I plan to swap the arrow keys, to add the xt9 button in Port layout, and move the "ю" symbol above м

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
I do not see the reason of change arrow keys places. Present positions seems more resonable as if you miss the position you are using the opsosite key to return a step. So oposite keys should be close. But mayby the new positions will be nore comfortable for ganers. However you may post 2 variants of the keyboard -with normal keys positions and with corrected. Also will appreciate if dailer skin is in a separate CAB not connected to keyboard installation. If somebody want to change the skin further with other one he can do it without deinstalation of keyboard.
Thanks for the vibration - works like before.

Pay attention there are 2 options T9 & XT9 - second works for compact querty and phone key pad layouts. We have XT9 on HD2. May be the .kdb file consurns the above mentioned 2 layouts.

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
New version was added and the header of the Theme was slightly changed, I think it is easier to understand the info that way.

I wrote to almost everyone to help m with editing ad adding the t9, but alas no answers:(
Big THANK YOU goes to kuwait, for doing everything possible to help me!!!

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
Many thanks to deckoff for the great benefit of Bulgarian keyboard

Regarding vibration you may change the streight (duration) of vibration on key press by modifying index_rus.xml file. Open it with NotePad and find on the second row sentence:

vib_lvl="3"

You may change the value from "1" to "4". In the CAB it is "1". Original value is "3".
Save the file and put it in \Windows directory of the phone. (confirm overwright).

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
Dear deckoff, looks like to make a T9 working in Bg language you should first edit the file:

eT9.Rhodium.0419.kmap.txt

from \Windows directory which contains the QUERTY keypad chars coding for Russian language which is in use for XT9 input. Presently the chars coding in above mentioned file is different than in Bulgaria layout in EzInput keyboard. Hence when pres the Bulgarian key "я" in the normal input appears "я" but XT9 accept it as Russian letter "й". After that done we will think for next step - dictionary etc. I found one t9bg.ldb file but not sure if it will fit for xt9.

Even if I am not right, it worths to check.

CHECKED DO NOT WORK. Obviously it is for hardware keyboard. Explained here:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Rhodium/ChangingKeyboardLayout

Actually the file 0D19.kdb should be corrected as per BG layout. Unfortunately nobody knows how.
Also original .kdb & .ldd files for Bulgarian on HD2 are not available in Internet. I searched all net - nothing found. Hence looks like we should abandon the idea to make xt9 working in Bulgarian.

Last edited:

rossiza

Feb 19, 2008
Sofia
Great work! The biggest advantage over all custom keyboards (FingerKeboard, SlideIt...) is the contact prediction in the message address bar. All custom keyboards give a prediction list after you delete a character in the name typed.
However the biggest disadvantage - missing BDS layout. I am used to it (touch typist) while with the phonetic I have to search for every single letter.
Could you point to some guidelines so I rearrange the letters myself? I did it already for FingerKeyboard. Thank you.

lovegun85

May 30, 2010
Thank you deckoff and kuwait, great work :). Между другото можете ли да добавите и БГ фонетика? Thanx in advance and keep the good work :)

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
i wrote to the XT9 company to allow me to download the developers tools, but no answer.
I think I am desperate enough to write HTC and ask for info bout the kdb...
If this fails, the idea for xt9 in BG will have to be forgotten.

I promised and I will post tutorial, hopefully tomorrow, I have a severe HD problem on my laptop, and installing new OS now..

Crash course goes this way - find in /windows folder 0C19(landscape) and 0D19(port)
These files define the BG layout. Editable in notepad easily. Inside look for something like <char>0412</char>. The 4 numbers define the Unicode code of a letter. Change it to a value you like. For list of codes, search for list of unicode characters. I found the Wiki page most convenient.

Между другото можете ли да добавите и БГ фонетика?

What do you mean??? I think this is BG phonetic???

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
I think I am desperate enough to write HTC and ask for info bout the kdb...

I think it is HTC duty to provide Bulgarian language if we buy their phones. They did not provide it. Hence we are in our rights to require from them proper support if we want to make it ourself. Suggest to be more sharp when you wright them and send a strong request. Explain to them the work that is already done and what we need to complete it. You may ask for proper information regarding Bulgarian localization of Sense as well.

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
I wrote this to HTC a minute ago:
Hello.
I am proud Bulgarian and proud HTC phone user. Actually, the HD2 I use now, is the THIRD HTC phone (previous being Diamond and P3300) My brother has his second HTC, my sister in law uses HTC too. All are WM based
Do you know what is missing between Bulgaria and HTC? Any lack for localization for our country, not even a keyboard layout. What puzzles me,is that neighboring countries, neither bigger nor richer (Greece, Serbia) got it.
Anyway, I am not the wining kind of guy.I made my own, customizing the Russian layout. Still I miss lots of info - how to edit kdb files, in which file are set the names that appear in the keyboard list...
But mostly how to edit the kdb files of the keyboard,and if possible SDK for developing and editing the keyboard.
Here is a link to all the work I have done:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=772190&page=5
Kind regards
Stoyan Deckoff

PS Work hindered by hardware crash. If anyone sells 1.8 IDE HDD (Thinkpad x40,x41) for a reasonable price, I am willing to buy

Last edited:

DundeeBG

Jun 23, 2009
Sofia
Maybe you can find good hardware parts for good prices at retropcmania dot com. I've had some good deals with these guys.

Thank you for the great work, you make my phone more complete. I'm following your updates.

djorke

May 19, 2008
Nis, Serbia
@deckoff
No there is not official Sense localization for Serbian niether a Serbian keyboard or available Serbian t9/xt9 for WM. That's not a HTC fault but fault of our mobile providers who don't have a need to pay for it.

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
Sadly you were right. I thought I saw Serbian layout and t9, but I was wrong:(

A list of available languages is as follows

Languages:

* Czech
* Danish
* Dutch
* English
* Finnish
* French
* German
* Greek
* Hungarian
* Italian
* Norwegian
* Polish
* Portuguese
* Romanian
* Slovak
* Spanish
* Swedish
* Turkish

This info comes from
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=536215

Actually, the files that define t9 are present( or at least I think so, the ldb file is the word list file) I found the Bulgarian in an Xperia ROM. I think this is the most difficult to be done. The other things is much easier. That is why I am angry it was not difficult to add it, T9 for BG(and probably Serbian) is out there..

theadmin

Jul 16, 2010
Dear Deckoff,

thank you very much for the bulgarian layout. I've just installed "deckoff HD2 BG layout-withPhoneCanvas1.4.5" but I have a issue - font colour is white and small symbols are almost invisible not black as shown in screenshots.

I use Miri & Dinik v19.0 ROM with integrated Dinik's Anastasia - Keyboard v3.0. A screenshot is attached to the message.

Is there a way to change colour to black ?

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 65

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
Dear Deckoff,

thank you very much for the bulgarian layout. I've just installed "deckoff HD2 BG layout-withPhoneCanvas1.4.5" but I have a issue - font colour is white and small symbols are almost invisible not black as shown in screenshots.

I use Miri & Dinik v19.0 ROM with integrated Dinik's Anastasia - Keyboard v3.0. A screenshot is attached to the message.

Is there a way to change colour to black ?

This seems to be an issue with the ROM you are using, most probably the setting that is black in the shipped ROM was changed to white in Miri ans Dinik's. Do you remember what was the color of the keyboard letters before install. Could it have been white letters on black keys???

Edit:
Well So it is. The keyboard color font is changed. Will look to it and if they ansew where the setting is hidden, I'll tell you how to change it.

AirMJ

Aug 26, 2009
Long live, man. I've just been wandering for BG layout for EzInput !

Жив и здрав да си ! Благодаря ти много !

gmdata

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
This seems to be an issue with the ROM you are using, most probably the setting that is black in the shipped ROM was changed to white in Miri ans Dinik's. Do you remember what was the color of the keyboard letters before install. Could it have been white letters on black keys???

Edit:
Well So it is. The keyboard color font is changed. Will look to it and if they ansew where the setting is hidden, I'll tell you how to change it.

This is a problem with Dinik keyboard v3.0, it's built in his and miri's Rom. May be the problem is somewhere in the customization, color or font changed. It will be good if you could make a version for this keyboard.

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
View attachment 401730 Unpack this, and overwrite the default one. It is located in \Windows, to do so, use Resco or total commander, and confirm all questions.

About DINIK Anastasia version - ask dinik if he is ok with that, and when I have time, I will do it. Still behind after the hard drive crash

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts