[Q] Nexus wifi issue [HELP]

Search This thread

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
i just picked up my nexus 10
got home connected to my home wifi (works on my nexus 4, nexus 7, galaxy s3, htc one x+, htc g2, xbox, laptop)
nexus 10 connected to it but couldnt launch any webpages? or even sign me into gmail?

turned on my phone hotspot and my nexus 10 connected fine and loaded webpages with no issues?

unlocked and rooted my nexus 10 and flashed paranoid android seeing if maybe a 4.2.2 would fix this, but still no luck

my nexus 10 connects to the network but its like it doesnt have a connection?

anybody have any ideas or solutions for this?

i would appreciate the help!

Sher The Love

Sep 13, 2011
California
I had this issue a few days ago and another guy just made a thread on the same thing.

Mine worked for a week and cutout. Exchanged it and the new one hasn't had any issues yet.

The other guy exchanged his twice before getting one that worked. Both of ours connected to other networks than our own. Not sure why some Nexus 10's connect and others don't. And who knows of the ones we got from the exchange will continue to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
I had this issue a few days ago and another guy just made a thread on the same thing.

Mine worked for a week and cutout. Exchanged it and the new one hasn't had any issues yet.

The other guy exchanged his twice before getting one that worked. Both of ours connected to other networks than our own. Not sure why some Nexus 10's connect and others don't. And who knows of the ones we got from the exchange will continue to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

i found somewhere online nexus 10 has trouble connecting to ARRIS routers
just found out thats what i have
some firmware issue with the nexus 10?

thing is it shows connected to my home networks but just shows gray bars showing no actual internet connection,(no blue bars) only a connection to the router itself

im trying to find a way to assing an a static ip now. thats the solutions they found

all other routers i can connect to perfectly

Sher The Love

Sep 13, 2011
California
Arris is what I have as well, Through xfinity. A day after I changed my first one to a static IP address was when I started having issues. Did a complete factory reset of the router and tablet. Couldn't get anything to work. I don't understand how it worked for a week and just stopped. Then reverting to all the original settings on both devices didn't help.

Maybe someone with more networking knowledge can give us a good answer. I'm really having trouble understanding how a different nexus 10 will work having the same settings and firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
Arris is what I have as well, Through xfinity. A day after I changed my first one to a static IP address was when I started having issues. Did a complete factory reset of the router and tablet. Couldn't get anything to work. I don't understand how it worked for a week and just stopped. Then reverting to all the original settings on both devices didn't help.

Maybe someone with more networking knowledge can give us a good answer. I'm really having trouble understanding how a different nexus 10 will work having the same settings and firmware.

i read somewhere same issue with arris router http://www.nexus7nexus10.com/forum/nexus-10-discussions/3007-nexus-10-problem-5.html

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
The quick fix I found for this problem.
Download connectify me on your pc broadcast your network under another ssid.

And my tablet works perfectly fine connected thru that

I'm still going to swap my router though :p
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
Any real solution yet? I have the same problem, my device connects to most of the wifis except the one I use at home. I got 2 actually, one router in my room and one in my dad's, the one in my room mostly never works.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
Any real solution yet? I have the same problem, my device connects to most of the wifis except the one I use at home. I got 2 actually, one router in my room and one in my dad's, the one in my room mostly never works.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

No real solution. Don't think there is one I spent about an hour searching everywhere I could.

So far it looks like nexus doesn't like ARRIS routers (I have time warner,not sure about you guys)
But I'll be swapping out my ARRIS router for a motorola one this week and I'll report back here to let you know if it worked

That connectify me is working awesome though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles

Just realized 4.3 solved this issue for me!

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Movoge

Aug 15, 2019
Same here. It seems to be only my router that it doesn't connect to. Manta is dead I'm afraid