Votes: 173 68.4%
  • Windows Phone 7 this winter

Votes: 80 31.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

LocDogg

Sep 25, 2009
Prague
Just had a dinner with a friend of mine who is the main distributor for HTC in Europe, and he informed that they will receive the first shipment of Touch Pro3's this summer and they will be on sale in Europe third quarter of this year. This is my main contact for HTC devices and he arranges a Touch Pro2 for me 4 months before it was officially released...He told me that the device will be much smaller and thinner, and soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications ;) Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?

dwboston

Jan 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Just had a dinner with a friend of mine who is the main distributor for HTC in Europe, and he informed that they will receive the first shipment of Touch Pro3's this summer and they will be on sale in Europe third quarter of this year. This is my main contact for HTC devices and he arranges a Touch Pro2 for me 4 months before it was officially released...He told me that the device will be much smaller and thinner, and soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications ;) Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?

I'm not crazy about WP7, at least the initial release of info. They've killed everything that was great about WinMo and opted for the locked-down, iPhone-like, walled garden approach. I'd love a TP3 with WM6.5.3, more RAM, and a Snapdragon processor...and US 3G bands.

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
That kind of processor does sound pretty sweet. And the capacitive touch screen. But no hardware keyboard... I don't know what I'd do without it, but thats just me.

osrix

Sep 18, 2008

Definately but it would have to have the hard keyboard, otherwise it wouldn't be a touch pro would it?! :eek:

totally agree with dwboston ...I'm with 6.5.# with better specs Not sold on windows 7 at all so far.

Last edited:
R

richc3

I won't be touching a Windows phone ever again after this.

TP2 was a major disappointment for me because of OS, underpowered processor, and (nit picky) the fact that Telus (Canada) would release the version that does not work on their HSPA network.

I'll be swapping to Palm / webOS -- ideally the newer model that will be launched around the same time with a larger display.

MCbrian

Nov 21, 2006
Bend, Oregon
soon he will provide me with the evidence including the full specifications ;) Do you guys think this would be something you would purchase or would you rather wait for the Windows Phone 7?

I think it would depend on what those specs are... and have a hw-keyboard, of course. I wouldn't buy if all I knew was the name "TP3".

dik23

Aug 1, 2007
Seriously doubt if I'll be having anything WM again unless something spectacular happens. I like the TP2 hardware but WM really disappoints. I read somewhere that the HD2 is a wonderful piece of hardware crippled by it's software and that's how I feel about the TP2.

Android for me next I think

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
theres no pictures or specs or anything of the touch pro 3. theres no reason we really need wm7, it doesnt seem to bring much besides a new interface. ill still have my touch pro 2. and if i still have it while the current version of windows mobile dies, i hope android will be as close to 100% running on it as possible. i hope i dont get pushed into buying an iphone.

palah

Mar 31, 2007
sydney
The only negs have found with TP2 is

1. Weight ... but it gives a solid feel
2. Faster processor
3. The zoom bar is quite useless - either make screen bigger/create a 'dpad'/make device smaller (not screen)
Have installed ZoomBarPlus today so will see if use the zoom bar more

Other than that very happy with TP2 ...nothing else on maket that would even consider at the moment

blanket

Mar 29, 2007
i don't see how the tp3 would be the 'upgrade' from tp2, or even tp1 if it's the htc tera as rumoured and specs are indeed as leaked

in fact, it seems like a downgrade and a complete disgrace to the 'touch pro' line (although it only consists of 2 phones, 4 if u include the tytn and tytn 2)

wqvga and a 600mhz qualcomm cpu which STILL doesn't have proper drivers? oh c'mon HTC. our patience is running out

akashastrega

Jun 16, 2006
FRESNO, CA
Only if the TP3 has a processor on crack

I gotta agree that unless the physical specs are much better...such as a processor on steroids, I am quite happy with my TP2.

I like the solid feel, I absolutely LOVE the physical keyboard...and I am perfectly happy with 6.1 as it is super stable (even though 6.5 is prettier). My only complaint is the processor...I want a processor on crack!! Give me that while keeping all the faboo things about the TP2 and I may consider getting a TP3...otherwise, no way!!

As for WinMo7...not impressed with the info out there about it...sounds like a step backwards!!

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Tera

I don´t think we will see any Touch Pro 3 in 2010, perhaps in 2011...

As for Tera, I don´t think it´s an upgrade for Rhodium
HTC-Tera-WM.jpg