RII mini Bluetooth Keyboard w/ Touchpad

Search This thread

mattyv

Jun 14, 2006
So i purchased the RII Mini BLuetooth keyboard excited to have it work with the Webtop...and alas there is an issue with the drivers. I was super excited as it has both a keyboard and a wireless touch pad and thought it would be perfect but it just aint working.

Has anyone been able to get this working? Or considered trying it?

Edit...got it paired. not drivers needed. Unlike other devices where the pairing is coded on one end, the keyboard requires that once you've inputted the desired code on you Atrix, that you put the same code in on the keyboard and press the enter button. Voila. A great product - highly recommended especially for webtop users.

Last edited:

dubyajaysmith

Apr 14, 2010
ATL
goog-ed, nice looking product. glad to have a confirmed all in one solution when i need one. Thanks

quick link to goog shopping results for n e 1 wanting to check it out http://goo.gl/FEb6M

Last edited:

shadowninja23

Jan 31, 2010
Atlanta
Can't wait!

I just ordered one, since I was seriously looking for a portable bluetooth keyboard to take around with me and use for my phone and laptop. It should be coming in today, and once I have time, I'll probably make a video on using it, just like I did one when I had the original Droid.

dubyajaysmith

Apr 14, 2010
ATL
@swiftks
I use it quite a bit but couldnt justify over 100 bucks. Looks spify though^_^

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Last edited:

rpolansky

Mar 7, 2011
In the boonies (South Tex)

Digicrat

Sep 27, 2008
i was thinking about getting one of these for usage with webtop and when traveling. I actually ordered one, but had to cancel the order when i realized i got the non bt by accident and haven't reordered yet. There is also another version on amazon thats a keyboard only thats a bit cheaper but might actually be better designed for tapping out lonf messaves.

For fhose that have one, how comfortable is it to type a message/email with the Rii? Im still not a fan of these touch only keyboards which are much slower and less ac urate than say the slide out keyboard on my old tilt.

rpolansky

Mar 7, 2011
In the boonies (South Tex)
can someone confirm that using a BT keybpard works with the Atrix and the Webtop hack. In other words, I have the webtop hack working. If I leave this by my TV can I use the BT keybaord to control the device?

I had the webtop hack working with a bluetooth keyboard (Motorola) and mouse (Verbatim brand). It worked fine. Since I upgraded to .83 firmware I didn't reinstall the hack since I mainly use the lapdock now.

Off topic-anybody want to buy a Motorola Bluetooth keyboard (works fine)? Since I use the lapdock (see above) I don't use it. $50 shipped in Continental USA.

Last edited:

mattyv

Jun 14, 2006
Works perfectly with RII bluetooth and webtop

Yep it works perfectly. Very good keyboard. Laser pointer is a nice benefit for cats

ekerbuddyeker

Well here I am tyoing in this keyboard while my atrix is connected to my 52 inch plasma using the webtop hack. Its a fantastic combination that cost me $40 imstead of the $179 Motorola wamts. As soon as it saw bluetooth, the atrix went into big clock mode, which in itself is nice. Keyboard is small but useable but does take some getting used to. It has a tracball for a mouse, which works but isn't so easy to navigate. Also pairing isn't well explained. When atrix asks Dor code put 1111 THEN 1111 enter on the bt keyboard!

Whole combination is amazing. Browsing the web on the tv is an exoerience.

This atrix really is unique.

I was also able to go into the entertainment center and can go forward or back through a movie. And keep it picture in picture.

And answer a call.

Astounding!

Last edited:

Ronaldo_9

May 7, 2010
London
Got mine working today, did passcode on phone then just pressed the same passcode on keyboard and enter. Worked well.

Thanks

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
Wow im glad I stumbled on this thread. I ordered mine last night from eBay.. Good to see it will work AFTER I make the purchase of course lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So i purchased the RII Mini BLuetooth keyboard excited to have it work with the Webtop...and alas there is an issue with the drivers. I was super excited as it has both a keyboard and a wireless touch pad and thought it would be perfect but it just aint working.

Has anyone been able to get this working? Or considered trying it?

Edit...got it paired. not drivers needed. Unlike other devices where the pairing is coded on one end, the keyboard requires that once you've inputted the desired code on you Atrix, that you put the same code in on the keyboard and press the enter button. Voila. A great product - highly recommended especially for webtop users.