★[ROM] XTREMEPERIA Z ☆ | VERSION 2 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | Customizable | 3.23.2013

Search This thread

radtech777

Feb 12, 2010
St. Louis
Re: ★[ROM] XTREMEPERIA Z ☆ | VERSION 1 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | Customizable | 3.17.

Just came from an AOSP room and had GPS. Now I don't. Downloaded and ran GPS Test and no go. I will trybthe basic troubleshooting and report back
Also, when I hit "backlight' in the quick tool widget it FC's
Fyi
Thanks for the hard work!
:good:

Try this and see if it helps
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38924275

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Re: ★[ROM] XTREMEPERIA Z ☆ | VERSION 1 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | Customizable | 3.17.

on my third galaxy s 3 cell i am using this rom and gps locks for me in 3 seconds and kernel being used is stock at&t hope that answer your question my friend.

Thanks for you're reply and yeah I think I may try this.. Because last time I had flashed a multi carrier rom gps didn't work plus I had other carriers apps etc..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Jovy and Venom geez you guys make it difficult to pick one Rom. I love this one to Jovy beautiful work man!
Now I've only one problem besides picking a favorite and trying to stick with it, I've lost my IMEI and spent four hours today trying to fix it.
Looks like it's time to give the insurance a call so it might be a couple days before I can get both of you awesome devs back up and running on another s3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

You have been unable to reinject you IMEI ?

Did you try the HOW under the sticky roll-up thread ?

Reactions: bradhoschar

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger

Yes Hednik I did I'm just not as computer savvy as I'd like to be and it was very confusing to me. I spent over four hours yesterday trying. It look like backing up the IMEI is much less complicated.
I really had no idea about that problem or I would've backed it up almost a year ago when I started flashing Roms.
So folks don't make my mistake back up your IMEI and save yourselves a lot of trouble.:thumbup:

"Say WHAT one more time!"

radtech777

Feb 12, 2010
St. Louis

Yes Hednik I did I'm just not as computer savvy as I'd like to be and it was very confusing to me. I spent over four hours yesterday trying. It look like backing up the IMEI is much less complicated.
I really had no idea about that problem or I would've backed it up almost a year ago when I started flashing Roms.
So folks don't make my mistake back up your IMEI and save yourselves a lot of trouble.:thumbup:

What was the method you used to back it up?

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Jovy23,

Thank you for not including the electronica music on first boot...that made my day :)

Lol yeah darthstalker has that and it kind of annoys me too, but on the next update of darthstalker once it has aroma support I will add an option if you want to add the bootanimation or not. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

You can back it up using one of my aroma menu options and I also have the option so users can restore it in the aroma also. :good:

radtech777

Feb 12, 2010
St. Louis

Lol yeah darthstalker has that and it kind of annoys me too, but on the next update of darthstalker once it has aroma support I will add an option if you want to add the bootanimation or not. ;)

Actually, I think the boot animation is awesome. I just remove the music, or replace it.

Last edited:

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth

You can back it up using one of my aroma menu options and I also have the option so users can restore it in the aroma also. :good:

I've flashed other ROMs like synergy and glaxymod and they had the option. I always assumed that we gave to reinject it another way...using the Qualcomm qstools program. If this does work that's great. I just assumed it couldn't restore it properly.

mail_venu

May 5, 2011

Awesome rom, I like the choice of different launchers, very stable. I came from my current DD i747z rom and the kernel Came with it.

After flashing this rom, I felt it could me my DD from now on. I flashed the kernel of i747z and disabled the media scan. Rescan media.apk and the battery life is awesome.

Thankyou for this awesome rom

kjpedro

Aug 1, 2012
Montreal

Has anyone with rogers been able to flash this rom! ?? It gives me error 7 incompatibility assert and i don't know why! First time it's happened

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth

Has anyone with rogers been able to flash this rom! ?? It gives me error 7 incompatibility assert and i don't know why! First time it's happened

Update your CWM recovery or TWRP recovery

Reactions: kjpedro

bustervic

Jan 26, 2010
Victoria

Couple of questions.
Is the camera the same as the Darthstalker with the quality tweaks?
It's it possible to add both the Sony Mms and email apps to Aroma?

So far I'm loving this after running Darthstalker for my DD for 1 month.

never stock always tweaked

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger

Hey Jovy I failed in restoring my IMEI so I've got a new phone coming Saturday or Monday. Right after rooting I'll be backing up my IMEI and flashing this Rom.
Beautiful work again man.

pooch11

Mar 25, 2010
Montreal
OnePlus 8T

So far the rom is working great for me with excellent battery life on stock kernel. The only issue I've had so is gps trouble. I've had to clear gps data and reinstall maps to get it working but every now and then it won't lock to satellite. Is there a fix I can install it anything else I can do?

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
So far the rom is working great for me with excellent battery life on stock kernel. The only issue I've had so is gps trouble. I've had to clear gps data and reinstall maps to get it working but every now and then it won't lock to satellite. Is there a fix I can install it anything else I can do?

Try an app called faster fix to see if maybe that might help. Help select the correct GPS server

Reactions: pooch11

dawen

Nov 13, 2008
i flashed the KT kernel, lost the boot animation, can you able to make a flashable zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★[ROM] XTREMEPERIA Z ☆ | VERSION 2 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | Customizable | 3.23.2013

XTREMEPERIA Z

Read below "BEFORE" downloading, flashing, and posting questions....

...REMEMBER...
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, if your SD card goes dead, and everything else!

XTREMEPERIA Z ROM FEATURES

★ The Rom Is Based On The T-Mobile UVDLJA 4.1.1 Base
    ★ Aroma Installer Support
    ★ Multi-Carrier Support
    ★ Rooted
    ★ Zipaligned
    ★ Deodexed
    ★ Busybox
    ★ SuperSU
    ★ Sysrw + Sysro
    ★ Init.d Support
    ★ Carrier IQ Free
    ★ Supremacy Script
    ★ App/data Support
    ★ Sony Bravia Engine 2
    ★ Bootanimation Support
    ★ Sony Xperia App Icons
    ★ EdgeZoom Toggle Mod
    ★ No Incremental Ringtone
    ★ Resizable Pop-Up Browser
    ★ Volume Boosting Sound Hack
    ★ Wifi-Calling [Only For T-Mobile Users]
    ★ MMS Over Wifi [Only For T-Mobile Users]
    ★ Some Miscellaneous Sony Apps Added
    ★ Adobe Flash Player Support
    ★ Unrestricted Native Tethering!
    ★ Bluetooth Tethering Enabled!
    ★ 100% Battery Percentage Mod
    ★ 4 Way Reboot / Advanced Power Menu
    ★ Enabled "Unknown Sources" As Default
    ★ Performance And Battery Enhancements
    ★ Debloated [Added Some Apps To Aroma]
    ★ 3G/4G/Wi-Fi Speed And Signal Enhancements
    ★ Tons Of Init.d Tweaks And Build.Prop Tweaks
    ★ 24 Themed Green Status Bar Custom Toggles
    ★ Volume Rocker Wake Mod
    ★ Unlimited Contacts Joining
    ★ Unlimited Max Slide Count
    ★ Unlimited SMS Recipient Limit
    ★ TouchWiz Smooth Scrolling Mod
    ★ Tweaks For Cache Management
    ★ Jelly Bean Stock Status-Bar Clock
    ★ Comes With Sony Sketch As Default Font
    ★ Messaging App Screen On/Off Toggle
    ★ A Bunch Of Sony Xperia Z Wallpapers [Only Viewable With The Xperia Z Launcher]
    ★ Modified Stock Camera Take Pictures With Volume Rocker And Power Button Mod
    ★ Comes With The Sony Sketch Font [Revert Stock Font Process In Aroma]
    ★ Modified Stock Camera App With Disabled Camera/Camcorder "Low Battery", "Can't Use Flash", And "Unable To Start While In A Call" Alerts So Now You Can Use Flash/Camera/Camcorder Even When Your Phone's Battery Is Running Low Or During A Phone Call.
    ★ Create Your Own Messaging Background Style Using Any Picture You Want With The Stock Modified Messaging App
    ★ Use The Camera And Camcorder To Take Pictures Or Record Videos While On A Call
    ★ Slideshow Mode Disabled For Both Group And MMS Single Pictures
    ★ SMS To MMS Auto Conversion For Long Text Has Been Disabled
    ★ Save And Restore Text Messages Using The Messaging App
    ★ Stock Messaging App Group Conversations On/Off Toggle
    ★ Inverted Youtube App With Screen While Off Playback
    ★ Xperia Z Alarms + Ringtones + Notifications + UI Sounds
    ★ Increased SMS Hour Limit By 1000
    ★ Custom Cosmic Sony Xperia Boot Animation + Sound
    ★ Jellybean Has Project Butter But I Present You "PROJECT FLOW" [Silky Smooth UI]!
    ★ Faster USB Storage SD-Card Read/Write/Transfer Speeds
    ★ Sony Xperia Z Default Background And Lockscreen Wallpaper

AROMA INSTALLER FEATURES

FULL MULTI-CARRIER SUPPORT FOR T-MOBILE (USA), ATT, SPRINT, VERIZON, US CELLULAR, AND ALL T-MOBILE (CANADA) VARIANTS!
    - Pick Your Carrier And The Carrier Specific Needed Files Will Be Installed.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS TEXT
    - Added In A Installation Instructions Text With Notes To Let You Know How To Install The Rom Properly.

LANGUAGE SUPPORT FOR THE INSTALLATION
    - You Can Pick Your Choice Of Language For The Installation.

AROMA THEME FOR INSTALLATION
    - You Have A Choice To Pick Unthemed, MIUI, ICS, MIUI4, And Sense.

CHANGELOG TEXT
    - Added In A Changelog Text So You Can See What Was Added During Each Rom Version Release.

WIPE AND APPS METHOD
    Full Wipe Method, No Wipe Method, Apps And Addons Method

AROMA MENU OPTIONS
    Run Rom Install, System Information, Changelog, View Developer Picks, EFS Backup, Restore EFS Backup, Aroma File Manager, Fix Permissions, Exit Aroma Installer

CHOICE OF SAMSUNG APPS
    AllShare Play, Samsung Kies, Media Hub, Samsung Account, Mobile Print, S-Voice, Ssuggest, VPN Client

GOOGLE APPS [SOME HAVE THEMED/UN-THEMED OPTIONS!]
    Google Mail, Google Maps, Google Now, Google Play Music, Google+, Google Streets, Google Talk, Google Play Store, Youtube

CAMERA AND GALLERYS
    S3 Stock Camera, S3 Stock Gallery, Note II Camera, Note II Gallery, Nexus 4 Camera

FILE MANAGERS
    Stock My Files, CyanogenMod File Manager, ES File Manager, MIUI File Explorer

LAUNCHERS
    Stock TouchWiz Launcher, 5x5 TouchWiz Launcher, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, MIUI Launcher, Xperia Z Launcher, LMT "Pie" Launcher

KEYBOARDS
    Samsung Keyboard, Swype Keyboard, Android 4.2 Keyboard, Emoji Keyboard, Black Android 4.2 Keyboard, Xperia Z Keyboard

MUSIC PLAYERS
    Stock Music Player, Apollo Music Player, Miui Music Player, Xperia Z Music Player

ADDITIONAL APPS
    Flipboard, Rom Toolbox Lite, T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AdAway, CPU Spy Plus, TubeMate, Hide It Pro, Pics Art

WIDGETS
    AccuWeather Widget, Analog Clock Widget, Digital Clock Widget, Dual Clock Widget, Favorites Widget, Yahoo News Widget, Yahoo Stock Widget

REVERT FONT AND VOLUME BOOSTING HACK OPTIONS
    Revert Font Option: Yes - To Revert To Stock Font, No - To Stay With The Sony Sketch Font.
    Volume Boost Hack Option: Yes - To Add The Volume Boosting Hack, No - To Leave The Sound Volume On Stock.

KERNELS FOR ALL CARRIERS
    T-Mobile (USA): Stock Kernel
    ATT: Stock Kernel
    Sprint: Stock Kernel
    Verizon: Stock Kernel
    T-Mobile (Canada): Stock Kernel
    US Cellular: Stock Kernel

KNOWN ISSUES

- Aroma Installer Has A Very Minor Freezing Bug. If The Aroma Installer Ever Freeze On You Just Hold Power Button For 10 Seconds, Reboot Back Into Recovery, And Then Try Again.

- You Tell Me

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

I Recommend TWRP Recovery/You Can Also Use CWM Recovery. [Make Sure You Have The Latest Recovery Version!]

...ALWAYS USE THE "FULL WIPE" METHOD IN THE AROMA INSTALLER WHILE FLASHING THE ROM/UPDATES...

* Do A Nandroid Backup
    * Download XTREMEPERIA Z Rom
    * Install Rom To Go Into The Rom's Aroma Installer.
    * Choose The "Full Wipe" Method.
    * Choose Any Of The Apps You Want.
    * Now Install The Rom Until Its Finished.
    * The Aroma Installer Will Then Reboot Your Device.
    * Once Rebooted And In The Setup Wizard, DO NOT Touch For 5 Minutes!
    * After 5 Minutes, Reboot The Phone.
    * Enjoy XTREMEPERIA Z!

CHANGELOG

★ 3.17.2013
    - INITIAL RELEASE VERSION #1

★ 3.23.2013
    - I Have Implemented The EdgeZoom Toggle Mod! Now You Have The Option To Turn On/Off The Email And Browser Zooming Function That Happens When Your Swiping The Side Of Your Screen! [It's In Settings-Display, Also Make Sure To Exit Out The Email Client Or Browser In The Multitasking Tray After Using The Toggle For The Mod To Take Affect.]
    - Now Comes With A Newer Xperia Z Launcher With Menu Button Support! Has Launcher Settings With Plenty Of Options Such As Change Desktop/App-Drawer Grid, Add Infinite Scrolling, Disable/Enable Wallpaper Scrolling, Resize All Widgets, Change Dock Background Color, Backup & Restore Launcher Settings, And More!
    - Implemented My Xperia Z Launcher Mod Into The New Launcher So Now The Phone, Contacts, Messaging, And Browser TouchWiz Apps Are Set In The Homescreen Dock App-Tray!
    - Now Has Multi-Carrier Support For US Cellular And All T-Mobile Canadian Devices Such As Eastlink, Global Wind, Mobilicity, And Videotron!
    - Added Resizable Popup Browser Which You Can Toggle The Header Form To Normal, Large, And Also Hide!
    - Added The Volume Boosting Hack In Aroma With The Options If You Want To Implement The Hack Or Not!
    - Completely Disabled Slideshow Mode In Messaging App For Group And Single Pictures!
    - Added The Latest Inverted And Non-Inverted 4.3 Google Mail Apps!
    - Re-Adjusted Some Of My Tweaks For Better Performance!
    - Fixed Multi-Carrier CDMA MMS Issues! [Thanks Hero!]
    - Aroma Now Comes With The Pie Launcher!
    - Fully Working Walkman Music Widget!
    - Even Better Multi-Carrier Support!
    - Added The Latest Miui Launcher!
    - Now With Even Faster UI!

VIDEO REVIEWS

CREDITS AND SPECIAL THANKS

Jamison904
    Team Synergy
    Hero
    Sbreen94
    edgehood
    ThilinaC
    Rizal Lovings
    loserskater
    ra3al
    Blakstar
    emwno
    amarullz
    Samsung
    T-Mobile
    Google

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW AND TIPS

- Don't Ask For ETA On Updates

- I Most Likely May Not Be Updating Every Week

- If You Like The Rom, Make Sure To Thank My OP Section And Also Leave 5 Star Ratings.

- As The Developer Of This Rom, I Want My Roms To Be "EXCLUSIVELY" For T999 Which Means There Will Be No Porting Unless I Port It Myself To Other Phones/Carriers.

- For Best Results, Instead Of Waiting 5 Minutes After First Boot, Wait For 10 Minutes Instead For Everything To Load Such As Pics/Music/Videos And All The Files/Tweaks [Especially If You Have A Lot Of Pics/Music/Videos].

- To Do Screenshots You Have To Hold The Power+Home Button At The Sametime For 3 Seconds.

- Feel Free To Contribute To Me If You Like, There Is A "Donate To Me" Button Under My Avatar.

- Remember DO NOT Kang my work! I will definitely know! If you want to use something just let me know by sending me a private message!

- There Will Be Limited Support. Sometimes I Can Answer Your Questions But Then There Will Be Times That I Can't. There Will Also Be Times I Don't Have An Answer So Please Don't Repeat Your Question Or Feel Offended Because I Haven't Answered You. If Any Other Users Have The Time, Please Help The Other Users Out With Answers To Their Questions Upon Replying To Their Post. I Would Really Appreciate That.

SCREENSHOTS

VERSION 1
    QQE5pFM.png
    OQ1KsCr.png

i6TzC1T.png
    kxk3dm7.png

FwtynJ1.png
    hUL9YwJ.png

VERSION 2
    ATiiQPY.png
    yhWPdtV.png

sgOVWEQ.png
    M8gQLCu.png

DoFyyCI.png
    OaHPMxY.png

LATEST DOWNLOAD LINK

XTREMEPERIA Z VERSION 2 - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtremeperiaz/files/XTREMEPERIA_Z_AROMA_TOUCHWIZ_V2.zip/download
    VERSION 2 MD5 Checksum - f11da1d673f0c4d458e3f449123c8edd

OLDER BUILDS

XTREMEPERIA Z VERSION 1 - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtremeperiaz/files/XTREMEPERIA_Z_AROMA_TOUCHWIZ_V1.zip/download
    VERSION 1 MD5 Checksum - 3e10efa690dc7e5a750d60f19c862fca

Oh didn't even know there was a fix for the AT&T LTE hmm ok i must be blind wanna show me the link on this lol thanks.

http://db.tt/lL68u6qc

here
    link is now back up! ENJOY!