[WM6.5]Transparent Vista Wait Cursor

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
I always hated the ugly wait cursor in most WM6.5 ROM's and after many hrs I finally figured out how to change it and have it working on the Hermes so I wanted to share with everyone else :D

Big thanks to DJKoa for making these available you're graphics are awesome dude..

It should work with any Hermes wm6.5 21222 and up. ROM cooks will know what to do to cook it in their ROM's. For those of you who want to replace what you currently have then you'll need a file explorer like Resco or Total Commander.

1.) Download shellres.96.dll
2.) Overwrite the file in \Windows
3.) Soft-reset
4.) Enjoy

attachment.php

edit..Images uploaded..

Attachments

• vista_cursor.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 835
Last edited:

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
I tested this on 6.1 and the wait cursor isn't transparent, and the "X" is huge and ugly. I'm guessing it's an issue with 6.1 compatibility.

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
I tested this on 6.1 and the wait cursor isn't transparent, and the "X" is huge and ugly. I'm guessing it's an issue with 6.1 compatibility.
Correct dude.. the shellres file is from 6.5 os and has different gwes compatibility.. the icons would need to be added to a 6.1 shellres file to work correctly.

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
Nice nice nice

the lost member of this family back... wassup everybody... I see some people cooking after josh and with his tuto watchnig them.. Nice to see thta kind of support!

Nice Wait cursor... BTW

My sisters's hermes needs a great WM6.5 i came here to see if any of you... has the newer build 21275... I think newer comes so fast, but to the Flashing freaks the time doesnt matters.

Thanks Srs. i will upgrade the Thai-SW then i will wait the fruit version from Izfra or something like that.

Nice job everybody is a pleasure come and post here everytime. :cool:

ashwaa

Jun 10, 2008
mumbai
I always hated the ugly wait cursor in most WM6.5 ROM's and after many hrs I finally figured out how to change it and have it working on the Hermes so I wanted to share with everyone else :D

Big thanks to DJKoa for making these available you're graphics are awesome dude..

It should work with any Hermes wm6.5 21222 and up. ROM cooks will know what to do to cook it in their ROM's. For those of you who want to replace what you currently have then you'll need a file explorer like Resco or Total Commander.

3.) Soft-reset
4.) Enjoy

attachment.php

but once replaced it changes the antenae icon too pls only want to change wait cursor help

ashwaa

Jun 10, 2008
mumbai

3.) Soft-reset
4.) Enjoy

attachment.php

can u post bmp files used for the cursor

cunchao

Jan 17, 2006
Only cursor

Hi,
nice work first of all,
but i have the same problem as another user, it changes all my status icons,
I only want to change the cursor!

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
All you would need to do then is just take this file and extract the .bmp pics and then open your shellres file and replace them.

I guess I should be more clear. the only way to change the wait cursor is to edit the images in shellres and unfortunatly that file contains other images also so naturally if you overwrite this file over urs it will change other icons also

Last edited:

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Here are the images so you can add them to your own file.

Attachments

• vista_cursor.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 161

tatperson

Oct 2, 2010
Singapore

3.) Soft-reset
4.) Enjoy

attachment.php

edit..Images uploaded..

I've downloaded shellres.98.dll but i can't find it anywhere in Resco Explorer. Can u teach me on how to get the files and replace them? I'm quite a newbie.

igor45

Apr 19, 2008
Essential Phone
tatperson

Question:

1 - are you using ActiveSync to view your files?
2 - where did you download the file to?

WINMO doesn't like to play with that file as it is a system file, I had no luck myself with transferring it using a file manager.

see this thread for a bit of explanation

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=429355

also - you can use "Marshall Wait Cursor" to access the shellres file to customize your wait cursor for a start...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3518502&postcount=1

Last edited: