FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Stop flashing until usb problem is fixed...

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By millen, Senior Member on 19th May 2010, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2010, 10:10 PM |#21  
Flag Vaud
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemsNuts

Not sure if anyone's seen this on modaco but using the tiny core linux has worked well for me, with 3 flashes from a stock HTC ROM and currently running eViL De-SiRe after trying paul's initial boot then the Cyanogen Port.
May flash again tonight with the Kernel release the ROMs will get better and better.

i don't think that only 3 flashes would make a conclusion .i bricked mine after 30 + flashes. the root method whether r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 bla bla doesnt really matter i guess. cause the method of 'root' is the same. what is changing in these methods are the tools needed whether mac os, windows, linux.....

19th May 2010, 10:15 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeren

i don't think that only 3 flashes would make a conclusion .i bricked mine after 30 + flashes. the root method whether r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 bla bla doesnt really matter i guess. cause the method of 'root' is the same. what is changing in these methods are the tools needed whether mac os, windows, linux.....

Not three flashings, i meant three loops where android couldn't get started
19th May 2010, 11:57 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
But I remember that when entering recovery mode, sometimes I got the error of the device not found. Then I repeated several times and after a few times, it went into recovery.

Even in recovery, sometimes the data signal disconnected for one reason or another. And when it occurs, the cursor to navigate in the menu started to flicker. That's when I just reboot the phone again. It's like the recovery sometimes looses data connection, just like a laptop loosing wifi connection.
20th May 2010, 01:52 AM |#24  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn
Thanks Meter: 439

More
Seen this over at modaco, I have copy and pasted it here to see if anyone here can help.

Mods, if my pasting someone elses post on a different forum is against the rules, I apologise in advance!

QUOTE(Carnage21 @ May 20 2010, 00:25)
To do the module , we need to get someone who can confidently code c i believe it was discussed last night in irc , we have a few of us working on it every day , there is a guy called drvjik (spelling) he seems to have worked out what is causing it , its a switch that we arnt getting at startup called usb_h2w_sw this is set to 0 on working phones and 1 on bricked phones , we are trying to figure this all out at the moment , as you can understand its hard for paul etc to get on it , when they have nothign to test it on , as the issues is so random , he was telling us last night he flashes his phone All day and he hasnt come across the issue (yet lol) , i kindly offered to swap phones with him tongue.gif he poltefully declined , just chillax your phones work , it is being worked on
20th May 2010, 08:50 AM |#25  
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Please have a look at post #483 here. If someone have the knowledge to create the module for this, it should revert the issue...

http://android.modaco.com/content-pa...a2sd/page/480/
20th May 2010, 03:25 PM |#26  
Flag Utrecht

More
Not to spoil hopes, but it MIGHT resolve the issue. Unfortunately, nothing is guaranteed, except that HTC locked this puppy down good.
20th May 2010, 03:57 PM |#27  
Flag Kent U.K.
Thanks Meter: 6

More
As I have a Desire running MCRr3 and A2SD+ with absolutely no issues I think I will try to follow the advice of this thread.

STOP FLASHING UNTIL USB PROBLEM IS FIXED....................

Wonder whether I will be able to resist when Paul releases MDRr4.
20th May 2010, 04:12 PM |#28  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,018

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch whisky

As I have a Desire running MCRr3 and A2SD+ with absolutely no issues I think I will try to follow the advice of this thread.

STOP FLASHING UNTIL USB PROBLEM IS FIXED....................

Wonder whether I will be able to resist when Paul releases MDRr4.

Ditto!! I'm happy with MCRr3 & A2SD+ but can't help playing about...
20th May 2010, 04:22 PM |#29  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Why stop flashing? I don't think that all users are having usb problems...
20th May 2010, 04:32 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sm0nd

Why stop flashing? I don't think that all users are having usb problems...

Risk of Brick...
There have been several cases:
http://android.modaco.com/content/ht...and-root-a2sd/
20th May 2010, 07:00 PM |#31  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy1es

Risk of Brick...
There have been several cases:
http://android.modaco.com/content/ht...and-root-a2sd/

No risk no fun
Got my HTC Desire today and will try to root and flash the newest Modaco... wish me luck =)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)