Thanks Meter: 188

By t499user, Senior Member on 25th December 2012, 11:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2012, 11:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
question
does this upgrade to 1.9.37 from 19.16

i download t499users_fuhu_nabi2_gapps.zip rename to gapps.zip copy them to jmzrootpackage\files and overwrite

then run the .bat file as per the directions

did i miss something

27th December 2012, 01:07 PM |#12  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD3

That's what I did in Twrp and worked great.

Are you talking about the app caches or data/dalvik?
27th December 2012, 02:21 PM |#13  
Flag OC, Florida
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reade0871

Are you talking about the app caches or data/dalvik?

All I cleared was dalvik after install of gapps

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgsng25

i download t499users_fuhu_nabi2_gapps.zip rename to gapps.zip copy them to jmzrootpackage\files and overwrite

did i miss something

NO! this is ONLY to updated gapps after you have updated to 1.9.37 and rooted with jmz root tool. You must update to 1.9.37 before your root, updated on your nabi by going it to settings/ about tablet/Update. Run this manually, there are 2 software updated. Then when your root use option 2 on jmz. Follow the directions and make sure a backup is made. It will push root.zip and gapps to your tablet, which you must flash manually in recovery. You will get quicker responses from the forum that you downloaded jmzrootpackage and a ton of information there.
27th December 2012, 03:11 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

That's what I did in Twrp and worked great.

hey do you know how to get stock recovery back so i can restore to stock because my wifi is messed up
27th December 2012, 06:01 PM |#15  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhanos

hey do you know how to get stock recovery back so i can restore to stock because my wifi is messed up

Yeah - if that's the direction you want to go... t499 posted how to at the end of his ubuntu linux rooting guide. Instructions easy adapted for Windows if you prefer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016463

There is also a full backup from TWRP from another user you can download and restore in the other Nabi thread that supposedly brings your nabi up to date and restores wifi. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...905674&page=97 look for posts from e2950, and replies to his post for more info.
27th December 2012, 06:08 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgsng25

did i miss something

No and yes. You have to do your OTA updates to get up to 1.9.37 either OTA or manually from microsd card. I have posted the OTA files at the bottom of http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...70&postcount=1

Yes you can just replace the gapps.zip in the jmzrootpackage with this gapps package(name it gapps.zip) and then run the script.
27th December 2012, 06:13 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhanos

You can also restore your system to the backup that you should have on /sdcard/TWRP/backup...
The backup should have been created by the root/gapps/backup script.

Just boot into the TWRP recovery and choose restore, then pick the backup that was made. Then do your OTA updates, and reinstall root/gapps/etc.
28th December 2012, 05:44 AM |#18  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Thank you very much, t499user, for the updated gapps/no more updating on boot fix. It worked flawlessly.

I could mirror on Box/Dropbox too if you need. Just let me know.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
28th December 2012, 01:56 PM |#19  
Cedarburg, WI
Thanks Meter: 50

More
how to boot into twrp? I hold vol - + and power and choose recovery kernel and get what looks like the stock recovery. I do have gapps from running the script a few weeks ago.
28th December 2012, 03:28 PM |#20  
Flag OC, Florida
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCision

how to boot into twrp? I hold vol - + and power and choose recovery kernel and get what looks like the stock recovery. I do have gapps from running the script a few weeks ago.

Sounds like you only had temporary root, you will have to root it again.
29th December 2012, 06:28 AM |#21  
Flag S.E. MI
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:

Sounds like you only had temporary root, you will have to root it again.

This has happened to me before. Just run option 2 up to the point after it says pushing recovery..you can kill the batch file after that instead of wasting time going through everything else. Should give you back twrp.

Struck by my Anthrax Infected Viper4G Ev_O_nE using Forum Runner
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)