FORUMS

[Release] JOdin3 CASUAL Cross Platform and Web-Based Flashing For Samsung Phones

5,224 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,894
 
By AdamOutler, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 5th January 2014, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2014, 03:52 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag Between lost and found
Thanks Meter: 477
 
More
Adam. Are you going to be able to help us unlock the bootloader on the note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
5th January 2014, 05:06 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Imola
Thanks Meter: 175
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashade2001

Thanks for your hard work. So is Odin opensource ? How did you accessed to download mode protocol ? Really interesting..

No way, but Heimdall is an >90% perfect implementation of download mode.

It also requires manually matching partition image filenames to partition IDs or (in the official GUI version) loading a package -- both require a little manual work to convert from Odin format: this tool is an alternative UI that does the conversion on the fly!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryccardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryccardo Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 06:16 PM |#13  
first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR TO @AdamOutler

i wanna ask that what is meant by web based flashing and then i wanna ask that what is the difference between this and simple odin
5th January 2014, 06:25 PM |#14  
NinCaptain's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 27
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefalling0411

Adam. Are you going to be able to help us unlock the bootloader on the note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

+1
5th January 2014, 06:42 PM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee

first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR TO @AdamOutler

i wanna ask that what is meant by web based flashing and then i wanna ask that what is the difference between this and simple odin

Its exactly what it sounds like. You go to a website and flash your phone. If you want, you can download the app and use it like that.

The difference: This works on Windows, Linux and Mac. This works from a website or a download. This will auto-install drivers on all platforms except Mac ( @Benjamin Dobell needs a Mac Developer ID signer). This is a self-contained single-file executable. This provides better errors and will troubleshoot and fix problems for you. This is a single file rather than multiple ones. This provides way more detailed logs rather than a simple failure like Odin. And its open source.

Its not all roses though.. This can only flash a single device per-start-button-press and not 8 like Odin. Heimdall also has a problem with extremely large files like Note III system images.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 06:45 PM |#16  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Its exactly what it sounds like. You go to a website and flash your phone. If you want, you can download the app and use it like that.

The difference: This works on Windows, Linux and Mac. This works from a website or a download. This will auto-install drivers on all platforms except Mac ( @Benjamin Dobell needs a Mac Developer ID signer). This is a self-contained single-file executable. This provides better errors and will troubleshoot and fix problems for you. This is a single file rather than multiple ones. This provides way more detailed logs rather than a simple failure like Odin. And its open source.

Its not all roses though.. This can only flash a single device per-start-button-press and not 8 like Odin. Heimdall also has a problem with extremely large files like Note III system images.

thanks sir got it
5th January 2014, 09:51 PM |#17  
andrewjt19's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 197
 
Donate to Me
More
Totally awesome is this compatible for the note 2 and 3?

TappEd from my Note II


Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com
5th January 2014, 10:40 PM |#18  
A5J4DX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
What an accomplishment! Brilliant work guys!
5th January 2014, 11:06 PM |#19  
Bromalex's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
As a Ubuntu-Linux user I was waiting for an easier solution for flashing our Samsungs. This will be awesome. Thank you for the fantastic work.

I have an updated Ubuntu system with:

java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.12) (7u25-2.3.12-4ubuntu3)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

But upon launching JOdin3 I get this message:

"This application requires a newer version of the Java runtime"

Is this a known problem?

(I'd prefer not to install the Oracle version ... if this is indeed a solution for this, hopefully temporary, problem)

Thank you so much.
5th January 2014, 11:32 PM |#20  
Walter.White's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,067
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefalling0411

Adam. Are you going to be able to help us unlock the bootloader on the note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinCaptain

+1

++1

Or maybe African-Canadian Sock Monkey may need to help us out once again
6th January 2014, 12:55 AM |#21  
Account currently disabled
Flag Between lost and found
Thanks Meter: 477
 
More
Adam can you help us verizon note 3 fans. I can send you a note 3 brother. Sorry for high jacking this tread.

By the way. Thanks for posting this updated odin.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freefalling0411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freefalling0411 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes