[Frst release] New application launcher

Search This thread

ryhkowal

Nov 7, 2008
HOW TO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCAbs7GCMs

I got tired of using standard omnia launcher so I wrote a new one. You can see it in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4WF2atnnD8

This is the first release so it can have some bugs. It was tested only on samsung omnia so if you get it running on other devices please let me know.

If you'd like to configure the favotires,icons etc. find the installation folder - usually in Program Files and look for files:

Favorites.txt - add any application to the list and you should see it in favorites,
Icons/Icons.txt - will assign new icons to apps (name, icon). You can add any png 48x48 or 32x32 image - see Icons folder.
Exclude.txt - add app to the list and it will be excluded from the app list.

This is first release. Probably I will add some configuration latter.

Consider donating for further releases.

Attachments

• FingerPoint.CAB
    1.1 MB · Views: 7,958
Last edited:

joshuas_79

Aug 4, 2007
Cordoba
WOW!!! I love itt....I love uuuu!!!

Would this work in my Qvga Htc touch...Im sure I won't be so lucky...I try anyway....

thanks!

joshuas_79

Aug 4, 2007
Cordoba
OK, I've just installed it ,it works, the scroll is great, but it's really hard to launch programs, it's like it doesnt response

Last edited:

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
wow, judging from the video that looks INCREDIBLY smooth.

great work, would love to see this for other resolutions :)

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
this looks awesome!! hard to believe its a first release because it looks better than most final release apps

hoping for a vga version soon

xiphrex

Sep 30, 2008
Nice one, I'll try it out.

If its as smooth as that video then Im definitely going to use it longterm!

Cheers

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
actually, it works just fine on QVGA. This is great!

I was wondering if you could make something exactly like the TouchFLO 3d all programs launcher? that would be amazing :)

Syd159

Feb 11, 2008
First impression... running as smooth on my Kaiser (QVGA). I installed in on my storage card.

Nice work. :)

PurPLe SKy

Jan 13, 2009
Tried on my Omnia.. it locks for a while at the beginning, while the tab " favourites " is selected and you press the tab " find ".

dody

Jun 18, 2008
Alexandria,Egypt
Hey, That is pure awesomeness !!!

working great on WM5 QVGA Jamin/Prophet

but i have NET.3.5 i dont know if it can work without it

joshuas_79

Aug 4, 2007
Cordoba
Ok, it's true, after the first time it gets really fast and smooth (I really love it), but I still didnt get my shortcuts work. Any idea?

Htc Touch. WM 6.1

Now it saw, it only launch the shortcuts if I slide to right, is it right?

Last edited:

KMFM$

Jun 20, 2005
Ohio
Excellent app!! Just one question/request. Would you be able to implement a "category" system? Something similar to how iContact handles categories, if at all possible. If so, this would be an absolutely killer app. (Not that it isn't already. :D)
Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

MrMage

Jun 2, 2007
It does work with my VGA Axim x51v, but it has some quirks, like. And its insanely smooth! I have never experienced such smooth scrolling on my PDA before, even though I don't like the menu lagging a little behind my finger (but I suppose that to be intended)! A great application already!

Could you tell me where you got this smoothly animated list control from?

/edit: Oh, and it seems to kill all the regular icons until I soft reset. See screnshot 3 for details.

/edit 2: I did not yet get it to start an application ^^ But I find it awesome that you can create such smooth applications using .NET CF.

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Screen02.png
    Screen02.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen03.png
    Screen03.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited: