351 posts
Thanks Meter: 83

By kenyu73, Senior Member on 9th December 2010, 09:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th December 2010, 03:48 PM |#21  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 2

More
One small bug I'm noticing that was not present after installing any other build of gapps is that when I change screens (flick left or right on home screen) the top half of all icons and widgets disappears and then reappears when the screen is finally in place. Dunno if that's this build or not. Otherwise it's working great.
10th December 2010, 04:10 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexidecimal

One small bug I'm noticing that was not present after installing any other build of gapps is that when I change screens (flick left or right on home screen) the top half of all icons and widgets disappears and then reappears when the screen is finally in place. Dunno if that's this build or not. Otherwise it's working great.

I'm not getting anything like that. I dont see how the gApps could cause it either. The installer is only copying the gApps apks over and not changing any system level features or settings.

Are you using ADW or LauncherPro?
10th December 2010, 04:11 PM |#23  
Flag Brandon, SD
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I am not having that issue thanks kenyu73 v4 is perfect
10th December 2010, 04:11 PM |#24  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
LauncherPro. I may take it off and reload it tonight to see if that corrects the issue. Like I said, it's purely cosmetic, everything looks like it's working great. Thanks kenyu
10th December 2010, 04:14 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate NY

More
Quote:

LauncherPro. I may take it off and reload it tonight to see if that corrects the issue. Like I said, it's purely cosmetic, everything looks like it's working great. Thanks kenyu

I'll play around with it, but I know LauncherPro and ADW never sat correctly because of the virtual buttons (in my testing). It'd have to flick the screen to get the screen to center correctly.

I'll reseach and see what I can find.
10th December 2010, 04:26 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyu73

I'll play around with it, but I know LauncherPro and ADW never sat correctly because of the virtual buttons (in my testing). It'd have to flick the screen to get the screen to center correctly.

I'll research and see what I can find.

The only thing I see is the left screen in landscape mode doesn't center when you first go from portrait to landscape. A quick flick centers it.

I've always seen this though. I don't see any issues with icons or widgets flickering or disappearing or anything odd like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenyu73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenyu73 Ad-Free
10th December 2010, 04:31 PM |#27  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Interesting. Must be something with my device. Ill install adw and see if its a launcherpro issue later this evenng. Thanks for testing on your end.
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
10th December 2010, 06:11 PM |#28  
Viva Las Vegas!
Thanks Meter: 13

More
so why can't we do this if we've done the other installer?
10th December 2010, 06:58 PM |#29  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Okay. Uninstalled and reloaded Launchpro and it went away. Working great now. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot Kenyu.
10th December 2010, 07:06 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc

so why can't we do this if we've done the other installer?

I posted this in another thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyu73

You can try a re-install over gApps4Archos, but typically it causes the Market to crash alot or not even start (it pops open then dies).

I've come to think that different Market apks(Vendor.apk) have different internal keys of some sort that get initialized in the android core database. If you try to install a different flavor of Vendor.apk, you get crazy results.

My v4 version of the core apps is a Cyanogen bundle and is prob different then gApps4Archos2 or even my v3 version.

Like I said try to update.. if it fails then reset and start over.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenyu73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenyu73 Ad-Free
11th December 2010, 01:38 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
works perfectly! Thx!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)