[Update 9.02.2014.]Rumrunner S-OFF

Search This thread

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
Checked the boot.img inside the zip, it's the M7 boot.img. If it works for One V with that boot.img so I guess no harm trying.

But it takes a very long time to "pouring". Just completed pouring 1 & 2.
Will advise progress later.

EDIT :
Really take a very long time to complete and sadly it was unsuccessful.
Will try again tomorrow with stock ROM ... time to sleep ;)

Try to do it on mySENSEdx5 RC4.0 and Infinity kernel,since that is what i used.

Oct 31, 2013
Delhi
Checked the boot.img inside the zip, it's the M7 boot.img. If it works for One V with that boot.img so I guess no harm trying.

But it takes a very long time to "pouring". Just completed pouring 1 & 2.
Will advise progress later.

EDIT :
Really take a very long time to complete and sadly it was unsuccessful.
Will try again tomorrow with stock ROM ... time to sleep ;)

Rumrunner for htc one v is for ics (it is specified on the download page)! So I think u might need to try on ics rom.:)

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Rumrunner for htc one v is for ics (it is specified on the download page)! So I think u might need to try on ics rom.:)

It didn't get pass the pouring 1 :p

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I informed him about the problem and he will create a rumrunner s-off for our device.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Yep ... we shall wait for that.

Any combination of ROM, boot and recovery ... all went up to pouring 8, means failed attempt.

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
This is the way i know. If there is devs will create a better updater-script. :D

He modified one of the block partition from my device : mmcblk0p7 and i used dd to write it. Since mmcblk0p7 contains some sensitive information like IMEI,etc i can't really share it. So i am not sure will he update the rumrunner or just clean the file and create a script for writing. But we will have it.

mmcblk0p7 is radio, I need hboot. It's in /dev/block/mmcblk0p18. I checked my radio (p7), and rumrunner didn't modified anything in that, so maybe It changed anything in hboot, and thats give the vibrations. Please dump your hboot and share it with me (It don't have sensitive infos).
Or others who tried rumrunner, and got the seven vibrations at boot, please share your hboot with me.

And please anybody, who didn't tried rumrunner, and don't have vibrations, share the hboot with me too. (Maybe @dansou901 ? :) )

How to share?
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/hboot.img
exit
exit
adb pull /sdcard/hboot.img
and share the pulled hboot.img here ;)

I want to find, that what the hell make these vibrations. :)
Thanks.

Reactions: Mr.Jay and vikkolts

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
mmcblk0p7 is radio, I need hboot. It's in /dev/block/mmcblk0p18. I checked my radio (p7), and rumrunner didn't modified anything in that, so maybe It changed anything in hboot, and thats give the vibrations. Please dump your hboot and share it with me (It don't have sensitive infos).
Or others who tried rumrunner, and got the seven vibrations at boot, please share your hboot with me.

And please anybody, who didn't tried rumrunner, and don't have vibrations, share the hboot with me too. (Maybe @dansou901 ? :) )

How to share?
Code:
adb shell
su
exit
exit

Thanks.

Here you go.
https://www.mediafire.com/?uyb8rkfa1uv8tz9

Reactions: atis112

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord

How to share?
Code:
adb shell
su
exit
exit

Thanks.

Will do when I get home. Takes a few hours from now.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: atis112

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
So how's thing going ?
I can't help as I don't have a working DX at the moment

Yesterday I tested another build for S-off. Vibrations are still there. Dev says the error lies in the radio so we MIGHT need to downgrade our hboot to try s-off on that. If the problem persists then we have to take those vibrations as a new feature :p

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
Yesterday I tested another build for S-off. Vibrations are still there. Dev says the error lies in the radio so we MIGHT need to downgrade our hboot to try s-off on that. If the problem persists then we have to take those vibrations as a new feature :p

We checked the ksmg and as you can see here :

Code:
[    0.091694] C0 msm_clock_init: wait for AMSS Ready ...
[   12.764704] C0 msm_clock_init done!

There is a 12.7 sec. hang. It's like the device doesn't understand what to do with rumrunner.

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Yeah but how to downgrade hboot without S-OFF? Also, this could get difficult for branded devices, even if a goldcard would work...

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Also, isn't there a possibility to fix radio after running rumrunner by flashing a new hboot / radio (don't know exactly if they ly on one partition)?

kostovdean

Feb 27, 2012
Is there another download link?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

atis112

Mar 21, 2011
Awesome :p

Attachments

• 20140209_222101.jpg
    20140209_222101.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 571

Len

Dec 4, 2010
Hmm, my questions is same as $îMpŁÿ_¢ØmPłİÇåŤęĎ, but also... is S-OFF needed right now?...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING : USING S-OFF METHOD YOU WILL GET VIBRATIONS ON BOOT !
    They are caused because of a bug in the radio and can't be fixed! So decide if you are ok with it before using Rumrunner S-OFF!

Well this is not just another S-OFF thread like you see around here. This is THE S-OFF thread !
    I present you with an S-OFF for our device.

img-20140130-wa0000.jpg

All credit goes to @beaups .
    He managed to do it in 5 minutes so please,if you can,donate him for his amazing work !
    Or you can visit http://rumrunner.us/ and donate there.

Download :

http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/
    And download one for your os.

Read carefully, i am not responsible for what happens to your device !
    Here is my modified hboot. I removed the red text on boots and made some changes.
    To install push it on sdcard and reboot to hboot, and install it or install from pc:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip PM66IMG.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot reboot
    I informed him about the problem and he will create a rumrunner s-off for our device.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
    Thread updated with download link !
    S-off is now working !
    OMG, I think I need to read more carefully next time. I thought, that the latest version at http://rumrunner.us/ made the S-OFF, so I run it... Now I can boot with several vibration. :D But this made me laugh: "Wait 30 seconds, power on device, pray, run rumrunner again." :D
    I'm waiting for the S-OFF now. I hope that it will fix the "vibratory boot". :)

Hahaha,i didn't see the post by ckpv5 on thread in general and also got vibrations. Now you didn't read mine and also got vibrations. Who is next ? xD It won't fix it as i still have them,beaups told me that the issue is strange and that it probably due some debugging code HTC added to our device. But we can try to find the cause. He will update the rumrunner as soon as possible,so give him some time.

EDIT :
    I have just created an updater-script,ziped the kernel and flashed it via recovery. It's working !
    I know that the devs here can make updater script easy,but i have a urge to contribute as much as i can,even with the smallest things. :eek: Sorry.
    So here is the updater-script i used.