Thanks Meter: 377

By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th August 2015, 09:51 PM |#16981  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Flashing a pre-rooted rom doesn't seem to be the only way any more. If you go to Settings->Factory Settings, and enter *#hct#root# as the password, it enables root on the device, temporarily. If you want it to persist, you then just need to install Superuser or SuperSU from the Play Store.

Easy and fast, it seems to work! Thanx
The Following User Says Thank You to U2Endless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift U2Endless Ad-Free
10th August 2015, 10:37 PM |#16982  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 176

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know how to get into recovery on a touchscreen+softkeys only device?
Most videos I see make use of the volume button, and knob which my model doesn't have
10th August 2015, 10:56 PM |#16983  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

Right, there are a few capacitor candidates, C32, C102, it has been detailed in past posts.
The right capacitor is the one connecting the MIC+ pin of the BT card (if not marked, see wiki mic/BT image references) with the internal mic (or the existing external mic socket).

I haven't gotten the chance to connect the external mic, so I can't tell if I'm having issues yet. I saw some pictures of soldering an mic cable to the bt chip, it got me confused and so I was wondering, since my JY already has an external mic connector, does that mean that I don't have to do this mod?
10th August 2015, 11:30 PM |#16984  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
10th August 2015, 11:35 PM |#16985  
Flag Cleveland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

Hmm, I was thinking Hot Audio was most probably just a seller, until I saw the "HA" MCU, which suggests that they are a manufacturer as well, unless theyre doing a "Joying" and naming themselves so it looks like theyre manufacturer when theyre not. But as the GS units that were very popular last year have totally disappeared this year, I m gonna take it that theyve re-named their units "HA" to reflect their company name, at least until I hear diferent. Not sure if theyre anything to do with the BN versions either, but for the time being I ll put HA and BN ROMs in the same folder on the fileserver.

To add to the confusion:
I flashed the firmware and MCU update, the one you downloaded
MCU is now MTCB-HCT-V2.70
Android Ver 4.4.4_07082015
Model S07
Kernel 3.0.36+ [email protected] #745 Aug 5 16:52:07 CST 2015
Build Number rk3188-eng4.4.4 07082015.09:18:06

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote:

You either put an update.img (and/or mcu.img) file on the GPS (SD) card and let the system detect it automatically - it will boot into recovery, or you add a power button as explained in post #11729 (or wiki, see link above).
I also believe @Malaysk's firmware has the option to boot into recovery (?) - but firstly change your existing firmware.

Here's what I did.
I did the *#hct#root# trick to get root. Then downloaded reboot recovery from the play store. I plugged a USB keyboard into the USB port on the unit, and navigated through recovery with that.
10th August 2015, 11:40 PM |#16986  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
10th August 2015, 11:40 PM |#16987  
Flag Cleveland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What screen resolution is it, 800x480 or 1024x600?
If it is the former, please tell the link (the firmware repository?), I am interested in the kernel base.

1024x600
The Following User Says Thank You to tylerwatt12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tylerwatt12 Ad-Free
10th August 2015, 11:57 PM |#16988  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've tried searching and couldn't find any concrete answers (probably tapatalks fault) to the following problems. What is the voltage on the audio preouts(RCA's)? I just installed the JY version yesterday and noticed my volume has greatly decreased from the OEM unit with an active Line out converter. I'm thinking its the preouts voltage. The second question has anyone been successful at getting torque or Carista to work? I have a BT ELM 327 adapter that I've had for years and it has worked with all other android with out a problem. It does not even show up in Bluetooth devices. The third question is on cars with a can-bus system. I have this installed in as 2011 VW CC, is there anyway to get song information to show up with a music app other than the stock music player? I'm not too fond of the JY music interface.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
11th August 2015, 12:50 AM |#16989  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackmartian

This happened to me as well, even with the stock, what changed it was Adding spotify to early boot and rebuild...

Ive had spotify crash on boot before saying that the SD card was not ready
Is this only on initial boot or all the time?
11th August 2015, 06:11 AM |#16990  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwatt12

Does anyone know how to get into recovery on a touchscreen+softkeys only device?
Most videos I see make use of the volume button, and knob which my model doesn't have

You have a reset hole left side down. Hold it in until the butons start to flash and it will go in to recovery.
11th August 2015, 08:44 AM |#16991  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Right, there are a few capacitor candidates, C32, C102, it has been detailed in past posts.
The right capacitor is the one connecting the MIC+ pin of the BT card (if not marked, see wiki mic/BT image references) with the internal mic (or the existing external mic socket).

Thanks I did assumed it is the C102 as I could trace it going to PIN 4 on the BT module. Also I would like to know if there is anyway to disable internal mic altogether and use the external (modified) mic for both calls and android functions.

Im not so good at electronics though I love to do soldering and de-soldering stuff.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)