[Q] Return to Stock Rom 4.3 After CyanogenMod

Search This thread

camerondobbs

Jan 12, 2014
im in a bit of a pickle here.
so i had android 4.3 stock rom but then switched to cyanogemod 10.2.. today i decided i wanted to go back to stock rom so i tried using odin 3.07 and flashing I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1_I747UCALG1_HOME.tar.md5 (i cant find 4.3 firmware anywhere). i go into download mode, put that file in PDA, and odin tells me:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1_I747UCALG1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
and on my phone is says SV REV Check Fail : Fused 2 > Binary 0

i was trying to find stuff out online and they said something about a bootloader and i have no clue what that means. also, cyanogenmod is no longer even going to the home screen so my phone is not functioning at all. and since it isnt loading, my computer isnt detecting a device so i cant add any files to my phone.

can someone please help me? using english please, not computer hacker language. im not that advanced in this kind of stuff.

n_alvarez2007

Oct 31, 2012
www.youtube.com
so i had android 4.3 stock rom but then switched to cyanogemod 10.2.. today i decided i wanted to go back to stock rom so i tried using odin 3.07 and flashing I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1_I747UCALG1_HOME.tar.md5 (i cant find 4.3 firmware anywhere). i go into download mode, put that file in PDA, and odin tells me:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

i was trying to find stuff out online and they said something about a bootloader and i have no clue what that means. also, cyanogenmod is no longer even going to the home screen so my phone is not functioning at all. and since it isnt loading, my computer isnt detecting a device so i cant add any files to my phone.

can someone please help me? using english please, not computer hacker language. im not that advanced in this kind of stuff.

Unfortunately my friend, Odin will not work to return back to stock. By chance did you make a nandroid backup before you switched from 4.3 to CyanogenMod? If not I'd suggest finding a TW based rom from one of the devs on here under the Android Development thread and flash it manually via CWM or TWRP. I'm looking myself for a 4.3 TW Odin tar but nothing has surfaced to my knowledge. You're trying to flash a 4.0 rom in Odin it looks like which won't work since 4.3 updates the baseband and bootloader which will cause Odin to fail every time you try flashing a rom that isn't 4.3

killer0123

Jul 3, 2012
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

if you still can go into downloadmode, you can unroot your device and put it back to stock with Kies 3.
Download Kies 3 from samsung web site and download Samsung USB Drivers too
Unplug your phone from the PC
After on Kies 3 click on tools>emergency firmware update and inisialitazion.
Now they will ask for your phone model so if you are on at&t its : SGH-I747 (Rogers bell .. tis : SGH-I747M
After, Kies 3 will ask you your S/N (this can be found under your battery the sticker) so remove your battery and write it down
Know if it work they gonna tell you to put your phone into download mode
To go into download mode hold : Volume Down + Home Button + Power button
After on your phone you should see a Yellow triangle with some warning (jUst ignore that and press the volume up button)
And Kies 3 will automaticly unroot your phone, flash the new 4.3 update and flash the new bootloader too.
!!!***WATCH OUT! DO A BACK UP OF YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING***!!!
And after you just have to wait.... Kies 3 will download automaticly 4.3 Firmware and flash it on your phone.
Make shure that your battery is charged at least at 30% before doing that.
And after enjoy your phone unrooted and on stock rom and after you will be still able to update your phone for futurer update availble.

Tell me if it worked for you after! :)