Null

Search This thread

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
Its been in the 2708+ kernel thread OP for a while lol :p

Yeah see thing is though with Liberty, if you move dalvik-cache to /data and have lots of apps with lots of app data, you will run out of space.
So you have to choose between speed or lots of apps :p
I just remembered how I moved it to /data and ran out of space after a few days XD

So, to guy above: Maybe you shouldn't tweak it. But even without tweaking, its the fastest "new" sense ROM out there. Cupcake ones are faster, but old.

Btw, were gettin off-topic here...xD
So this recovery. Is it still being worked on?

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk

Lmao I never noticed it in the thread, I must be blind :p

Ummm... at the moment, I haven't had time to really work on the recovery yet. Me and xillius200 are each racing to implement touch controls though xD And then add more features later. Whenever we do start putting the changes on github though, I already setup the build process to use our repo instead of the cm one, so you'll be able to compile it rather than stock CWM. :D At the moment though, the only thing changed is the name, other than that it is pretty much the same as CM's CWM.

On the other hand, I'm currently finishing up setting up AROMA Installer and a few other things for Liberty ;) It's gonna be amazing imo.

Last edited:

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
Lmao I never noticed it in the thread, I must be blind :p

Ummm... at the moment, I haven't had time to really work on the recovery yet. Me and xillius200 are each racing to implement touch controls though xD And then add more features later. Whenever we do start putting the changes on github though, I already setup the build process to use our repo instead of the cm one, so you'll be able to compile it rather than stock CWM. :D At the moment though, the only thing changed is the name, other than that it is pretty much the same as CM's CWM.

On the other hand, I'm currently finishing up setting up AROMA Installer and a few other things for Liberty ;) It's gonna be amazing imo.

:O
AROMA...
Sounds a bit like spilled beans....if you know what I mean:p
Alright, I can't wait for both :D

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Aroma installer is pretty cool, much better than yes no bianary

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
first time i used it was about a month ago for a rom on the g2. never have i seen it on the g1 but its a great idea and perfect for noobs.

ezterry

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC

I think a better way to put it is yesno is a proof of concept I made in a single day a year and a half ago indicating that something like aroma was possible. (Ie that we can run code during the update the takes over the screen and user input) while I used it in a pinch in my projects at the time is was not intended as a finished product.

Really I'm surprised it took so long for a more full system to exist. (To my mind while I was too lazy to write the annoying grueling code to create such a finished product.. but the interesting concepts required have been in my edify and yes no scripts/patches for almost a year and a half now just needing someone to understand the ideas and invest the time).

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I'm glad you started the process, it seems to make certain customizations of roms idiot proof (granted there is always someone proving that wrong) but it is a great and simple way to have a custom rom even more customized.
Always love your work!
Quick question about it, does this take up any extra space in the final system size of a rom or just in the zip file? So if someone was to use cmtd with aroma would the system be smaller the less "stuff" installed making the system partion variable depending on setup?

xillius200

Nov 10, 2009
Bordon, Hampshire, UK
I'm glad you started the process, it seems to make certain customizations of roms idiot proof (granted there is always someone proving that wrong) but it is a great and simple way to have a custom rom even more customized.
Always love your work!
Quick question about it, does this take up any extra space in the final system size of a rom or just in the zip file? So if someone was to use cmtd with aroma would the system be smaller the less "stuff" installed making the system partion variable depending on setup?

The aroma installer works by using the recovery itself and does not use any /system it's all stored in the meta-inf folder which will be used like normal and then recovery will do it's think and extract it temporary etc. blah blah. The system size will vary compared to what you don't wont to install and what you do want to install.

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
firstly kudos for such development
secondly any chance of it working on G1????

Yes, in the next release I plan on updating it with an Auto Detecting .zip that'll detect the correct recovery for each phone and then flash it accordingly. It's not very hard, it just needs to be patched the same way kernels do.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: demkantor

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
Yes, in the next release I plan on updating it with an Auto Detecting .zip that'll detect the correct recovery for each phone and then flash it accordingly. It's not very hard, it just needs to be patched the same way kernels do.

For recoveries you should stick with just ebi0 and ebi1 kernels. 2708+ isn't a good idea (from what I've read. The mt3g 1.2 runs ebi0)

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
this wouldnt bot on my girlfriend's mytouch 3g 1.2. i assume it is due to the kernel used, i guess its a 2708+ kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't even install any rom with this recovery...kinda useless (it's not even mentioned in the OP as a bug).
    I asked for the latest recovery and found it: posted it here.

Here's a scenario:

I walk into a CM6 thread. I ask for the latest usable CM. I post somebody else's CM7 with all of it's features, etc. in that person's thread.
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the CM6 thread? If the developer wanted CM7, I'm sure they would have made it that way. The same case here.

I'm working on the latest CWM recovery. Somebody enters the thread asking for the latest recovery. They then post a separate (and might I also add, older and incredibly buggy)*recovery that doesn't even relate to the OP and also includes a list of features, etc. If I had wanted to build CWM4 using COS-DS sources and post it here, I'm pretty sure I would have done so. That is not the case. That's not cool :\
    UPDATED:

Should now fully support G1, MT3G, & MT3G 2.1 (Fender/Headphone Jack).
    It's also much easier to flash since it's just a simple .zip.

Enjoy!

I think a better way to put it is yesno is a proof of concept I made in a single day a year and a half ago indicating that something like aroma was possible. (Ie that we can run code during the update the takes over the screen and user input) while I used it in a pinch in my projects at the time is was not intended as a finished product.

Really I'm surprised it took so long for a more full system to exist. (To my mind while I was too lazy to write the annoying grueling code to create such a finished product.. but the interesting concepts required have been in my edify and yes no scripts/patches for almost a year and a half now just needing someone to understand the ideas and invest the time).
    I'll take a look at the custommtd issue when I get home. Any other features/bugs?

I have like 4 research papers to do and I need a distraction or I'll get bored xD