Frequent lockups that force reboot

Search This thread

thefezzer

Oct 13, 2013
I'm on CROMi-X 5.3, with _that's 7, with ROM2SD and virtually no other tweaks. For some reason, the tablet seems to lock up frequently, so badly that the only way to prevent it from sitting there with the screen on doing nothing is to force reboot.
I went after the /proc/last_kmsg file, but it was only two lines long. Any suggestions?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I seem to remember you previously had a reboot issue? Didn't we diagnose it being your card?

Try running normal CROMi-X from the internal setup without the card in to see if you can reproduce it there.

Reactions: thefezzer

thefezzer

Oct 13, 2013
I did have a reboot issue, but I had thought just cleaning the card would do the trick. I've had some quality time with gParted and it seems to be fast and stable again :fingerscrossed:

For my reference, how would I find the last_kmsg log on my tab when I'm using rom2sd?

thefezzer

Oct 13, 2013
And then I go over to the main thread and find our why the file was empty. Thanks guys!

thefezzer

Oct 13, 2013
I seem to remember you previously had a reboot issue? Didn't we diagnose it being your card?

Try running normal CROMi-X from the internal setup without the card in to see if you can reproduce it there.

It is looking more and more like the card. I put your very splendid 5.4 on using _that's .8 1318 and all stock save for force GPU. I have had 0 reboots or freezes; at this point, I don't think I've even seen lag more than five seconds.

I'm going to throw that janky old SD card in my dSLR.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
It is looking more and more like the card. I put your very splendid 5.4 on using _that's .8 1318 and all stock save for force GPU. I have had 0 reboots or freezes; at this point, I don't think I've even seen lag more than five seconds.

I'm going to throw that janky old SD card in my dSLR.

Sounds like a good idea mate. Which brand was it sandisk ultra? Shame as mine works with no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you can reproduce it run a logcat while using the tablet and post it.