[Kernel]N8000 ICS/JB [1704Mhz OC kernel]

Search This thread

tmaurice

Dec 9, 2007
Baltimore
N8013 kernel loaded. No problems installing. SPen good. Using Nova launcher - extremely snappy. Did not change governor (default is pegasusq). Cleared background tasks before each run. Benchmarks so far:
Linpack - average 190
Quadrant - average 6100
RL Bench (SQL) - average 18.2
Antutu - average 13900
Wifi - when out of range of 5Ghz, automatically switched to 2.4Ghz. No problems with hitting top speeds on either. Signal range for 5Ghz seems a little shorter than before, but not drastically.
Seems stable. Wouldn't be surprised if this can be OC'd higher.
Will use throughout the day and report any problems.

pwch

Feb 13, 2011
Everything is fine on N8010 (sales in China , N8010ZCALG7) but still needs to keep eyes on it

BTW: N8010-CHN supports 5GHZ WLAN by flashing "N8013 - JellyICS RoM", but UNAVAILABLE in OFFICAL firmware. Sadly both JellyICS and Urban HD are unstable for N8010.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
N8013 kernel loaded. No problems installing. SPen good. Using Nova launcher - extremely snappy. Did not change governor (default is pegasusq). Cleared background tasks before each run. Benchmarks so far:
Linpack - average 190
Quadrant - average 6100
Antutu - average 13900
Wifi - when out of range of 5Ghz, automatically switched to 2.4Ghz. No problems with hitting top speeds on either. Signal range for 5Ghz seems a little shorter than before, but not drastically.

Did you overclock to 1600? I tried using Setcpu and got FC. Seems stable at 1500. I have it set at performance / cfq. What do you have?

** OK best quadrant scores came at 1500 performance bfq. 1600 will not hold. Top quad 5601 running stock firmware plus kernel.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: rcanal

gwbard

Did you overclock to 1600? I tried using Setcpu and got FC. Seems stable at 1500. I have it set at performance / cfq. What do you have?

What is cfq, noop, deadline, etc anyway?

here's a pretty good reference post about the governors & i/o schedulers:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

I wouldn't ever run it on 'performance' (except for playing a game, temporarily)
that will kill your battery in no time

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes but I have always thought that constantly changing CPU speeds might wear out battery just as fast. Like constantly stepping on the gas and brake instead of just cruising at high speed. Plus I run like no Widgets at all so my battery lasts a long long time.

tmaurice

Dec 9, 2007
Baltimore

** OK best quadrant scores came at 1500 performance bfq. 1600 will not hold. Top quad 5601 running stock firmware plus kernel.

Using System Tuner Pro. Pushed CPU up to 1600 on all cores, no problems. Opened up SD cache to 6144 (like I did on my Infinity to help alleviate some of the I/O problems on that device) and left that scheduler on cfq. Did not touch voltage.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Using System Tuner Pro. Pushed CPU up to 1600 on all cores, no problems. Opened up SD cache to 6144 (like I did on my Infinity to help alleviate some of the I/O problems on that device) and left that scheduler on cfq. Did not touch voltage.

Can't hold over 1500. You probably just have a better binned CPU than I. However increasing my SD cache did increase my quad scores to 5650.

** Changing my I/O manager to bfq increased my quad score to 5750. Significant.

Last edited:

tmaurice

Dec 9, 2007
Baltimore
Every time my tablet goes to sleep I have to stop and restart wifi to get signal upon waking.

I had a bit of the same problem for the first couple of hours. I rebooted a couple of times, then went in and changed the advanced network setting in Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep from the default of 'Always' to 'Only When Plugged In', rebooted, then switched it back to Always.

I'm still having occasional disconnects on 5Ghz, so I think it's a problem with the kernel. Also not getting the speed I should on 2.4Ghz, so I may try tweaking the build.prop later.

tmaurice

Dec 9, 2007
Baltimore
Well, been using this for two days now. Going to go back to stock kernel. There are too many problems with inconsistent wifi signal, both on 2.4 and 5Ghz. The extra boost from the OC up to 1.6 is really nice.

Reactions: mitchellvii

kaipro

Jan 22, 2008
Can it be uswd with leak jelly bean?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

bryanvo

Apr 13, 2009
Pflugerville
After flash it on my n8013 got problem with my wifi. The wifi was not good, it in and out all the time.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda premium

mirek190

Dec 6, 2009
I have problems with wifi as well on my note 8010 .
I noticed that on LGC was fine but on LH2 ( newest ) wifi is very unstable with this kernel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a kernel build for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
    Running on 1704Mhz. With extra 100, 50 and 25Mhz step. So it runs 25 to 1704 instead of 200 to 1400.
    Custom bootanimation support. (Standard bootanimation wont work)
    Triangle away support.

Update N8000BRV2 (ICS)
    -better voltage settings
    -better wifi drivers
    -BFQ scheduler back
    -updated linux version
    -other minor tweaks

Update N8000Jelly_OC
    -Build for JellyBean

edit.
    N8013 and N8010 support pulled back because of the wifi problems

source https://github.com/brieuwers/N8000Kernel

Thanks to Gokhanmoral, Espenfjo, Entropy512 and Franciscofranco.

Flash tar with odin or zip with CWM.

Everything at your own risk.

Greetz Bas.
    Thanks!
    Yes, and no... I do get the occasional boot-loop situation which after a few loops usually boots and allows me to power off normally so that the device can cool down. If I do not power off and let it cool down before restarting, after having had bootloops, it will be unstable and reboot into a new cycle of bootloops.

However, it seems as if the CPU frequency both for min. and max. is set to 1.7 GHz at boot, and remains that way.
    If I get a successful cold-boot, I use System-Tuner Pro to change min. to 100 MHz and keep max. at 1.7 GHz. I do not think I have had a reboot/bootloop situation with the changes settings from cold-boot.

I forgot to set the minimum frequency.
    Here's a beta2 for you for testing with other voltage settings.
    Maybe this one will work fine.
    Let me now if it works.
    Linpack - average 190
    Quadrant - average 6100
    Antutu - average 13900
    Thanks, and yes, the first kernels worked fine.

Could you try this kernel for me and report back if it still bootloops or not?
    XDA seems to have some problems right now.
    Editing and uploading new kernel wont work.
    I will try again later.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app