[TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, without mtty.

Search This thread

rkub

Apr 26, 2008
So Cal
yes. because ur not reading instructions......(remane nbh) :p

also if ur nbh is less that 20mb, read post 1 again :)

Hey Agent_47,
Thanks a lot for the tool! Just ran it on my Tilt2 and hopin I did things correctly. Only thing I'm uncertain about is flashing the stock rom... Should I have flashed the AT&T stock rom from HTC then run this? Or should I flash a stock rom after this? Or am I ok running this then flashing a custom rom, then just doing a HR right after it flashes?
Thanks for any help...
Russ

Mang

Apr 4, 2008
Thank you agent_47,
I use AthineOS S2 XTREME 23549, now this rom is very fast compared to before I use your Task 29.

Just want to share what I have done:

1. Extract task29.zip to desktop.
2. Remove sim & sd card from phone.
__Activesync the phone to PC via usb
3. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe until the phone first reboot (white screen with HTC logo)
4. Remove the battery
5. Plug mSD with radio inside (CustomRUU & RHODIMG.nbh) , replace the battery then ON the power (will see white screen with HTC logo again).
6. Flash the radio into BootLoader mode (Soft Reset while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device)
7. Follow on screen instructions until finish & reset device with the stylus.
8. Repeat step #4, #5 (now mSD with your preferred Rom), step #6 & #7 and you are done.

Last edited:

aichemist

Nov 23, 2009
Thank you agent_47,
I use AthineOS S2 XTREME 23549, now this rom is very fast compared to before I use your Task 29.

3. Activesync the phone to PC via usb
3. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe until the phone first reboot (white screen with HTC logo)
4. Remove the battery
5. Plug mSD with radio inside (CustomRUU & RHODIMG.nbh) , replace the battery then ON the power (will see white screen with HTC logo again).
6. Flash the radio into BootLoader mode (Soft Reset while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device)
8. Repeat step #4, #5 (now mSD with your preferred Rom), step #6 & #7 and you are done.

These steps works perfectly for me. Some problems I was having with a rom before is going away. This should be a sticky.

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
Working Great!

How i've done it.
- Unzipped the file
- Flashed it like every rom (USB)
- After reboot it was "stuck" on HTC screen as described.
- Pressed and hold the power key and Volume down key as shown in this video.
- Hit the reset button with my stylus (with the 2 buttons pressed).

The phone entered in too the bootloader and i flashed my favorite rom through USB cable again.

How often is it smart to do this?
After ??? flashes of custom roms

+1 for making this one Sticky :)

Thanks again!

biscuits1978

Feb 17, 2008
Arkansas
This may be a very dumb question, considering I have yet to get any chef/cooking experience...

Would it be possible for cooks to incorporate this into their ROM packages so that it flashes this tool THEN flashes their cooked NBH? I would think if this is possible, it should be a no-brainer!

Fuze1969A

Feb 9, 2009
Sunny Florida
Thank you agent_47,

__Activesync the phone to PC via usb
4. Remove the battery

I was under the impression that this program also wiped the Radio? I just ran the program. The TP2 reset and I flashed the ROM from the SD card and on the boot it showed the old radio still? I did not flash a new radio?
I did all step to 5. I did not get the White HTC screen, mine just stayed at the black screen that said TouchPro 2. I waited over 10 minutes. Then I removed the battery and put in SD card I flashed the ROM not radio first.
Everything looks to be ok.

Last edited:

aichemist

Nov 23, 2009
I was under the impression that this program also wiped the Radio? I just ran the program. The TP2 reset and I flashed the ROM from the SD card and on the boot it showed the old radio still? I did not flash a new radio?

It wiped out my radio and rom. You must have done something wrong. I also don't see the sleep of death today !!!

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
just used this tool... got me worried for a while as it took a long time for my rom to boot up.. but it did boot up in the end... no i will try to see the diffrence..

Boy, if someone figured out a way to do that, PUT A DONATE button on your sig, I'll contribute to that!

This may be a very dumb question, considering I have yet to get any chef/cooking experience...

Would it be possible for cooks to incorporate this into their ROM packages so that it flashes this tool THEN flashes their cooked NBH? I would think if this is possible, it should be a no-brainer!

skyler17

Nov 6, 2008
This is clearly a godsend.
Thank you kind sir for making this. It works amazing. My ROM has noticeably sped up.
The only thing that I would wish for is for Task 29 to be run from the phone, in RHODIMG.nbh form. But I'm not complaining.

Thank you!

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
hi
i whas looking at this tool and looks great
only one thing though as mtty is the same for the devices will this work on for exampla a blackstone?
i have flashed mine like a kazillion times and i think it woudlnt hurt to do sucj a mtty
i prefer this method as i am not so good in dos commands and prompts:p
or whatever is neede to do the original mtty

tk69

Apr 16, 2008
Can i also use this tool on my Touch Diamond 2?
Or is there another tool therefor?

DADDYDC650

Feb 4, 2010
I've noticed that after running task 29, the splash screen from the previous ROM stays put. For example, I was just running a stock T-Mobile ROM. I ran task 29 and then flashed a cooked ROM. Even though the cooked ROM was flashed, I still have the T-Mobile startup splash screen. Is this normal? Other than that, everything is working fine BTW.

agent_47

Jan 7, 2009
GÖTEBORG
I've noticed that after running task 29, the splash screen from the previous ROM stays put. For example, I was just running a stock T-Mobile ROM. I ran task 29 and then flashed a cooked ROM. Even though the cooked ROM was flashed, I still have the T-Mobile startup splash screen. Is this normal? Other than that, everything is working fine BTW.
thats coz task 29 only flashes the part where ur ROM stays. yhats y ur splash, spl, radio all stay intact n don require u to flash a stock rom or hspl again :)
Can i also use this tool on my Touch Diamond 2?
Or is there another tool therefor?

nope. this is tp2 xclusive :p
i can make for other devices, but i will need testers as i don hav those devices....pm me if u r interested :)

mmicha

Apr 8, 2005
SOD Solution - Not So Much...

Well...I tried the Task 29 solution, and all went as planned.

Great tool. great learning experience, but sure enough, I still got SOD'd the next day after running it successfully.

This does not surprise me at all, I have been trouble shooting this SOD busisness for quite some time, and while disabling automatic updates for Facebook, Twitter, and weather make it happen WAY less, it STILL does it every now and then (charging, etc..)

I believe this is a ROM issue (I am using new HTC 2.5 stock ROM) and was skeptical that this "cleaning process" was the fix as switching back to 2.1 ROM fixed the SOD issues every time (no memory cleaning necessary)

I know some of the cooked 2.5 ROMS out there do not have SOD issues, however I really like the stock HTC ROM, so I am waiting for them to provide a fix soon (good luck right?) OR for one of us to solve it here at XDA (more likely, eventually).

Thanks All!

Michael

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zip in post one consistently leads to "Data NED" site, which is foreign and translates (Google) to other than the download.
    Wheres everyone getting this great tool from, sure like to have it, searched through google with no luck yet and still searching, found CDMA download (not going to use it), also the cool set up available to the HD2 owners. But have'nt found a link for my Rhodium yet.
    This is too awesome of a tool, now I feel naked without it (especially all the positive responses I read through 300 of the threads), any help while I continue to search for a link would be appreciated. Thanks.

Two tools are attached to this post. One is the original task29.zip file that used to be in the OP. The other is called an Advanced RUU. I normally use this for flashing ROMs and task29 as it is much simpler. This program says it's for the worldphone version, or CDMA, but it works perfectly fine on the GSM devices as well. The instructions are pretty self explanatory.

Select task28 to flash a ROM.
    Select task29 to format the device.
    Select task32 to flash a splash screen or radio.
    There's absolutely nothing on that label about RHODxxx?
    But on tri color screen is RHOD400?

That's all I see?

Just, so you know for the future, the model number is normally right above the gray portion of the label above the bar code for the IMEI number. Either way, RHOD400 is a CDMA device. Even if you use it on a GSM network, you must always remember to use CDMA tools for it. You have flashed the GSM version of the task29 tool and a GSM ROM. Head over to the CDMA portion of this forum and the task29 tool there that is specifically for your device. You may also want to think about joining PPC Geeks forum. There is considerably more going on over on that site with CDMA devices than here on XDA. Just a thought.

Just keep in mind that GSM and CDMA tools are not interchangeable and you will be just fine in the future.
    Just, so you know for the future, the model number is normally right above the gray portion of the label above the bar code for the IMEI number. Either way, RHOD400 is a CDMA device. Even if you use it on a GSM network, you must always remember to use CDMA tools for it. You have flashed the GSM version of the task29 tool and a GSM ROM. Head over to the CDMA portion of this forum and the task29 tool there that is specifically for your device. You may also want to think about joining PPC Geeks forum. There is considerably more going on over on that site with CDMA devices than here on XDA. Just a thought.

Just keep in mind that GSM and CDMA tools are not interchangeable and you will be just fine in the future.

Thanks for the info,unfortunately that task 29 gives me an error.
    Error 240: File Open
    i have a small problem with my rhodium. i've flashed it plenty of times with roms from energy, about once a month since last year. the problem now is that it freezes on 0% and doesn't go any further. i tried task 29 bu it get an error that my device is not connected to the pc. i did a hard reset and still it doesn't go any further. it seems i am stuck with this rom and can't update it or switch to another one. any ideas ?

Try performing the update from another computer.

Try using a different USB cable.

Flash a ROM directly from the SD card.
    - To do this, rename the NBH file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root directory of your SD card. This will allow you to flash directly from the bootloader.