Search This thread

cristianosite

Jun 4, 2011
Florianópolis
New build is up.

Edit 1:
Error during instalation:

set_metadata_recursive:some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131120-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131120-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip'

I'll try to download the file again and will report back.

Edit 2:
My bad. After upgrading recovery again (since I already did this few days ago) I was able to install the last nightly, which is running very well, according to the OP problems list.

Last edited:

pepcisko

Feb 2, 2007
11/20 build - doesn't seem to connect to the cell provider's network at first boot..
Second boot is okay, connected to mobile network just fine..

slaphappy76

Mar 8, 2012
Stemwede
Sensors

Hi,
I just installed the new version today and it is a step closer to daily use.
What I noticed is that the sensors of the AK8973 not quite work orientation sensor and magnetic field and the temperature is 0.0 °.

Great Work :)

Slappy

srijithn

Aug 18, 2012
Pune
New audio libs.. The audio on headset quality has gone wild. This is best quality in industry now....

There are screen freeze happening. But. 20-11 build is leaps ahead of previous build...

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mayur2j

mitchum67

Jun 1, 2009
Installed latest Version. After unplug and plug USB into Defy it doesn't load. After unplug power supply from wall, waiting 10 sec. and plug it again, then it loads ... I'm not a developer, I don't know if it is kernel specific.

Gesendet von meinem SGH-I777 mit Tapatalk

vetko

Sep 6, 2012
I've tried yesterday the latest build, but had some issues:

First I've installed it with the latest "MINI MODULAR PACKAGE" GApps from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942,
But on the first boot, no Google Setup has been initalized, neither the Launcher, I've got a black screen, only the status bar worked, from where I could access some settings and etc.

After reinstalling it WITHOUT the GApps package, it booted correctly, but had some bugs:
1. Green LED always on
2. Browser was unusable through to rendering problems (black spots were rendered in some places of the page)
3. No data counter arrows on the data icon
4. I had the "Launcher3" crashed on first scrolling

Have not been tried it in more details, but I will, if I manage to get GApps working.

EDIT: I was installing it after completely cleaning /system, /data, /cache (everything)

Last edited:

matiasrey

May 23, 2012
Bahia Blanca
I've tried yesterday the latest build, but had some issues:

First I've installed it with the latest "MINI MODULAR PACKAGE" GApps from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942,
But on the first boot, no Google Setup has been initalized, neither the Launcher, I've got a black screen, only the status bar worked, from where I could access some settings and etc.

After reinstalling it WITHOUT the GApps package, it booted correctly, but had some bugs:
1. Green LED always on
2. Browser was unusable through to rendering problems (black spots were rendered in some places of the page)
3. No data counter arrows on the data icon
4. I had the "Launcher3" crashed on first scrolling

Have not been tried it in more details, but I will, if I manage to get GApps working.

EDIT: I was installing it after completely cleaning /system, /data, /cache (everything)

1. A workaround was posted here or in the CM11 thread already.
2. True, a bunch of users reported it too.
3.Thats the way its meant to be on KK, arrows only appear on the data/wifi tiles, not on the status bar itself (Google said it was CPU consuming).
4. Never happened in my case.

Try to use core gapps from the gapps thread posted one post before yours, worked like a charm.

Cheers.

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

xinrag

Feb 14, 2012
1. A workaround was posted here or in the CM11 thread already.
2. True, a bunch of users reported it too.
3.Thats the way its meant to be on KK, arrows only appear on the data/wifi tiles, not on the status bar itself (Google said it was CPU consuming).
4. Never happened in my case.

Try to use core gapps from the gapps thread posted one post before yours, worked like a charm.

Cheers.

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

For me the core gapps did not work. I see there a installed Google play service but an accessible app. The green led is still lightning here, too.

cristianosite

Jun 4, 2011
Florianópolis
Well, I'm sorry to repeat this again, but maybe someone could try to help/clarify the GApps issue, since a few users are facing the same problem.

If I use 11-16_GApps_Core_4.4_signed.zip from the GApps Trhead the system doesn't boot anymore, just stays in the boot animation.

In case I use the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4-20131118-signed.zip from this thread, then the phone dos boot and I can see the option do include Google account and also I can include my Google account data. However, I am not able to synchronize anything and also I don't have any GApps installed (not even PlayStore apk).

Am I missing anything here? And sorry again to being off topic, but this is only happening in CM11 with 3.0 kernel version.

Reactions: wechtr and fairxda

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
You need to further strip down the gapps package. Use the pagapps Package.... Just in case you choose to use ART in the future

Also, @BaNkS's core gapps that @TJKV linked to works with ART.

Well, I'm sorry to repeat this again, but maybe someone could try to help/clarify the GApps issue, since a few users are facing the same problem.

I've had problems, too, with black screen and status bar with just about every different kind of gapps that's been linked, but yesterday I finally got the 1116 Core GApps to work. Possibly helpful, I slimmed CM11 down by deleting nearly all the ringtones, notifications and alarms out of /system/media/. I tried hard to slim down the pagapps zip, but didn't know where to begin on the libs, which is 20+MB right there. Also, I apparently had an error first time I downloaded the 1116 Core GApps (although, not from the thread linked on this page); that download had lots of process FCs. Redownloading fixed that.

Last edited:

overclockthesun

Jul 29, 2011
Mumbai (Bombay)
Also, @BaNkS's core gapps that @TJKV linked to works with ART.

I've had problems, too, with black screen and status bar with just about every different kind of gapps that's been linked, but yesterday I finally got the 1116 Core GApps to work. Possibly helpful, I slimmed CM11 down by deleting nearly all the ringtones, notifications and alarms out of /system/media/. I tried hard to slim down the pagapps zip, but didn't know where to begin on the libs, which is 20+MB right there. Also, I apparently had an error first time I downloaded the 1116 Core GApps (although, not from the thread linked on this page); that download had lots of process FCs. Redownloading fixed that.

Hmm.... I see the Core Gapps package has been updated. It is now Odexed. The previous one wasn't. I apologize for telling people it didn't work. The new packa should work just fine.

For those who only end up with a black screen ...should delete ringtones/notifications/a;arms and most of the non-essential fonts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current state of 3.0 Kernel

WiFi/Thether/p2p - 100%
    TouchScreen - 100%
    Video Codec/hw 720p/ION stuff - 100%
    Display/DSS - 100%
    Phone/3G data - 100%
    Sound/FM-Radio - 100%
    F2FS support - 100%
    GPU OC 266mhz - 100%

Bluetooth - 95%

USB - 98%, otg bugged.
    Sensors - 98%, Need test all sensors, looks like all sensors works:)
    Camera - 85%, Preview/Photo(Red have random problem)/Panorama works for both lenses. Video rec not work yet.

Overclock CPU- 0%, not implemented.

For CM10,10.1,10.2 < 07.11.13 users:
    To install KitKat, need update recovery. Do not forget reboot, after install recovery.
    http://defy.bytekiste.de/cm11-nightly-defy+/update-recovery.zip

Tips:
    Do not format System and Cache to F2FS!!!
    1. To use f2fsl "/system/bin/mkfs.f2fs /dev/block/mmcblk1p25" or format via TWRP (Advanced wipe menu).
    2. To restore ext4, in recovery unmount data, mount system, and do via adb shell /system/bin/make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk1p25 or format via TWRP (Advanced wipe menu).
    3. If you have 0 bytes free bug, reformat data to f2fs or ext3/4.
    4. 1.1 Ghz can be enabled in performance settings.
    If you liked this project, you can donate :)
    Donate to Quarx
    PayPal: quarx@yandex.ru
    ---------------------------------------
    Donate to Blechd0se
    PayPal: alex.christ@hotmail.de

Download: http://quarx2k.ru/index2.php?dir=buildbot/roms/defy-cm11.0-3.0

Sources of kernel availabe here(branch p-android-omap3-3.0): https://github.com/Quarx2k/jordan-kernel/tree/p-android-omap3-3.0
    Changelog:

17.11:
    • Added timer slack controller
    • Added dynamic fsync
    • Added proportional rate reduction for TCP
    • Added opensource camera driver (mt9p012)
    • Added syspanic driver for panic_daemon
    • Added sync framework (together with ION its part of androids graphical "project butter")
    • Switched to SLUB allocator
    • Enabled ram console Support
    • Synced binder to mainline version (~3.10)
    • Fixed reboot while incoming or outcoming call (fix proximity sensor in general)
    • Many small performance patches and fixes for better android support all over the place

Logs or it didn't happen! If you want to report a problem, be sure to post a log file!
    Here is a small guide when we need which log file and how to get it.

Old Changelog;

• Added new extra_free_kbytes tuable (4.4 compatibility)
    • Added our Interactive Governor from 2.6.32 for additional performance
    • Added a basic display control driver
    • Added a dynamic writeback control interface
    • Enabled cgroups for memory (4.4 compatibility)
    • Enabled deadline and changed tunables to the same as on 2.6.32
    • Enabled xattr and fs security for ext3/4
    • Patched up trim (ext3/4) to the latest mainline version
    • Switched to XZ compression for a smaller kernel image
    • Reclaimed some RAM from logger and vram
    • *Fixed the wakeup delay and the "funny" screen on resume

TODO:
    • Add Overclock driver
    • Fix kpanic with pvr and dss (solved?)
    • Fix sleep problem

How To Build

Code:
    git clone https://github.com/Quarx2k/jordan-kernel.git
    cd jordan-kernel
    git checkout --orphan p-android-omap3-3.0
    git pull https://github.com/Quarx2k/jordan-kernel.git p-android-omap3-3.0
    export CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/your/toolchains/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi-
    export ARCH=arm
    make mapphone_defconfig
    make -j12

Sys-Values explanation;

Let me explain some of this features a little bit. 3.0.8 offers completely new opportunities to do some magic stuff.
    One thing i developed a while back ago is a dynamic writeback driver with a sys-interface. It uses the earlysuspend kernel api
    to flush dirty pages more frequent when in suspend, while display is on it avoids it to give a more fluid user interface.
    Can be controlled via the following command;
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/writeback/writeback_enabled
    (1 for enabled = default, 0 for disabled)

Also new; a basic display driver! As i tried to fix some things in our dss driver i noticed that we have different panel configurations.One is for all defy green and one for defy red lense users. I exposed those values to user space so that they can be changed. The
    new default one are those, which are used on the red lense defy. In theory there could be 256 values (0-255), however could only find the
    following as useful. This is not the final gamma control i wanted to have, but at least it gives some control. If someone knows the proper
    addresses for gamma values, i can add them too :)
    echo xx > /sys/class/misc/display_control/display_brightness_value
    (0 will set the screen to almost 0,
    9 will set the screen to some kind of blue-washed colors,
    31 will set the screen to more warmer colors = default)

In order to run 4.4 more fluid, google made a guide and also published some recommended patches. One of them let you change
    the VM's behavior to have a minimum amount of free memory. Also controllable over a interface;

echo 8192 > /proc/sys/vm/extra_free_kbytes

8192 means 8 MB of free ram (in any case).
    Looking at Quarx's GitHub, there hasn't been any commit on the 3.0 and 3.1 kernel for about a month now. I'm wondering if Quarx has dropped this project because of his recent development for the ASUS PadFone S. :(

This would be really sad because the 3.0 kernel project for the Defy has made a great success and almost all parts are working by now. Also the possibilities of the 3.1 kernel, thanks to the sources we got from the Moto 360, haven't been used yet.

Therefore I would like to ask @Quarx: Is the 3.0 / 3.1 kernel development for the Defy dead or is it just interrupted because of your recent work for the PadFone S? If you plan to continue the development, when would this be the case?

Please don't get me wrong: I'm sure that every Defy user who ever used a CyanogenMod build on his Defy is grateful for every single line of code that you ever wrote for this great little phone! But if we want to keep it alife, I'm sure that only a working 3.0 / 3.1 kernel would really bring new life to our beloved Defy. :)
    3.10 Currently have problems with CPCAP, which cant be solved yet.
    Also i got a work. This just eat whole my time... and only free 3-5h per day.
    Work with Asus PadFone S almost ended, already everything fixed in cm12. I bought its because of LTE and can't use 4.4, that's why i start make 5.0 :)

Current version of 3.0 not have Telephony Problem, but need more tests. But it have problem with battery and red camera.
    First CM12 for Defy will be with 3.0, but need fix RIL part. In 5.0, bionic very changed and many closed Defy binaries stop working.
    I know all want fast CM12, but time really not enough. :(
    Audio, camera, RIL, SGX - proprietary parts.
    In 3.0 we made opensource audio lib and will use open camera libs.
    I'll just post a kernel changelog of the current CM11 Build;

• Added timer slack controller
    • Added dynamic fsync
    • Added proportional rate reduction for TCP
    • Added opensource camera driver (mt9p012)
    • Added syspanic driver for panic_daemon
    • Added sync framework (together with ION its part of androids graphical "project butter")
    • Switched to SLUB allocator
    • Enabled ram console Support
    • Synced binder to mainline version (~3.10)
    • Fixed reboot while incoming or outcoming call (fix proximity sensor in general)
    • Many small performance patches and fixes for better android support all over the place

RAM console is a pretty big change, it allows much better debugging. So whenever you encounter any random reboot,
    boot into android and run cat /proc/last_kmsg. This will give you a dmesg-output which contains your crash :)