[ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [08/12 ICON DRAG FIX]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I just post full builds to keep support issues to a minimum.

No need to wipe tho if already have the 1st build installed. just flash the new build + gapps and reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

davelinc

Nov 18, 2012
Thank you. Been using this since this morning and no problems so far. Battery been brilliant all day. Will let you know if I encounter any problems.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda premium

zander78

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks so much for all your hard work! I appreciate it and I think the rest of the community does too.

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
Why don't you try to use the audio components from Maromi's ROM? Everything works in that build, except for camera issues. I'm not saying your build sucks, but you can salvage stuff from that build because it was compiled from github anyway.

Is the Dolby audio something to be expected in the future? I really do miss my powerful bass :p

Reflexdarky

Jul 4, 2012
Why don't you try to use the audio components from Maromi's ROM? Everything works in that build, except for camera issues. I'm not saying your build sucks, but you can salvage stuff from that build because it was compiled from github anyway.

Is the Dolby audio something to be expected in the future? I really do miss my powerful bass :p

i think the rom is the same, as hashcode has posted most of the bits to the git hub and he put in alot of hardwork for it to get this far

i agree dolby would be nice but its nota priority but its all comming on quite nice so far

Rob:good:

davelinc

Nov 18, 2012
First problem I've found is that flash doesn't work on websites nor on YouTube. Not a problem but thought you should know.

KindleFireGuy

Jan 31, 2012
King
My Reaction. YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
My old Reaction. Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it

davelinc

Nov 18, 2012
First problem I've found is that flash doesn't work on websites nor on YouTube. Not a problem but thought you should know.

Ignore my last post. Flashed gapps update and music didn't play so flashed original gapps and music now playing :)

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5

Flash works fine for me...

Sent from my CyanogenFire HD7

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366674244128.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366674244128.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

giffmann

Oct 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
Flashed this and I'm having an issue. I see the lockscreen for about a second, then it goes to the cyanogenmod screen again. Just keeps bouncing back and forth between both screens.
Any ideas?

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
You probably didn't factory reset and wipe system. Boot back into recovery and wipe, then reboot and you're good to go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Kindle Fire HD 7"

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

BEFORE YOU BEGIN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 2ND-BOOTLOADER INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND CAN SEE THE BLUE LOGO DURING BOOTUP:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128848

AUDIO: DO NOT ENABLE "LOCK SCREEN AUDIO" OR "TOUCH SOUNDS" IN SOUNDS MENU. THIS *CAN* BREAK AUDIO.

CyanogenMod Changelog (DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY .ZIP FILES -- FOR OFFICIAL DEVICES ONLY)
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/

Download Information:
    [LATEST][08/12] BETA CM10.1 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
    Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
    Mirror 2: http://d-h.st/B3U
    md5sum: 2a2864b4b714a0547d4a86a003aaa4cc
    (camera fixes included, don't need a 2nd .zip flash for camera fix)

[07/26] BETA CM10.1 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
    Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130726-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
    Mirror 2: http://d-h.st/FDd
    md5sum: b9149d99691919b9f3e9de0508a29f6b
    ALSO NEEDS CAM-FIX2.ZIP (Flash after the ROM.zip in TWRP)
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cam-fix2.zip
    md5sum: cf2b57c2d146431d55a6f0566291aa4c

[07/18] ALPHA CM10.1 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
    Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130718-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
    Mirror 2: http://d-h.st/a1p
    md5sum: d0c0a7cf39567b2e4028c8c29074c7ab

Older builds can be found in the same folder on goo.im:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.1/

Download Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps
    (For Android 4.2.1/CM 10.1 use the top row gapps)

PLEASE BE SURE TO WIPE SYSTEM & DATA/CACHE (FACTORY RESET) WHEN COMING FROM AMAZON STOCK SOFTWARE.
    (It's the "Wipe" button and then "System" and then "Factory Reset" button in TWRP -- this does NOT clear your sdcard space)

Be aware that the "sdcard" space has changed slightly from ICS to JB4.2. You will find your stock amazon OS files in /data/media/ or "sdcard" on the Stock OS. But CM10.1 will create a sub directory "/data/media/0" and call that "sdcard". And in TWRP it will also use "data/media/0" as "sdcard". This has to do with multi-user settings. So when placing files on the "sdcard" be sure to check both locations before wondering why that file is missing.

CHANGES:
    • [08/12] Includes a Trebuchet patch to fix the screen flip-flop when trying to drag an icon in landscape (by XDA user Wickets^)
    • [08/12] Headphone volume raised (set to 114)
    • [07/26] Deep sleep fixed == better battery life. Report in on your findings
    • [07/26] More Dalvik VM tweaks
    • [07/17] Dolby: [WIP] Initial work for Dolby support in CM10.1 -- Still troubleshooting audio effect pre-gain handling
    • [07/17] Audio: Fixed MIC initialization -- works perfectly now, everytime.
    • [07/17] Camera: cleaned up DCC file handling for a bit more "Amazon"-like performance.
    • [07/13] USB Vendor ID / Product ID's have been reset to match the Amazon OS / TWRP values. Should help keep Windows drivers from going bonkers.
    • [07/13] Some Audio issues have been resolved. It shouldn't stop when swapping apps, etc. Still low volume currently where Dolby decoder is used.
    • [07/13] CM refreshed which includes several well-known security exploit patches
    • [07/13] PVR/SGX driver updated to 1.9@2291151 fixing several games and Google Earth
    • [07/13] Fixed a Bluetooth issue: stuck in TRANSITION mode till it's enabled/disabled after a reboot. This was causing extra battery drain.
    • [07/13] Some tweaks to Android vm allocations. Still needs work, but less apps are being killed off on the boot.
    • [06/04] CM refresh for changes (no device updates)
    • [05/14] New android OS audio driver MIC works but may need to be stopped / re-started once (WIP)
    • [05/11] Camera should be working again
    • [05/11] Built-in kernel runs at 1.2GHZ for now
    • [05/08] Removed ducati overclock for Tate (causes codec binary to crash repeatedly)
    • [05/08] Fixed race condition when starting pvrsrvinit (was causing bootloop) (I have this change local, will try for merge or push to local git later)
    • [05/08] Fixed orientation for HDMI output (requires a /data wipe) -- sound is W.I.P.
    • [05/08] Fixed default landscape orientation (was backwards)
    • [05/08] Fixed power HAL to retain current max CPU freq (original code by twa_priv, patched by Hashcode)
    • [05/07] Added 1.5GHZ cpu speed, but default is 1.2GHZ -- change in performance settings
    • [05/07] Raised headphone volume by 10%
    • [04/22a] Fix backlight control
    • [04/22a] Set density to 213 (Nexus 7 Setting) for compatibility with the Market
    • [04/22] [Thanks to Maromi] Fixed the last bug for KFireHD 7" release (egl.cfg referenced wrong graphics driver)
    • [04/20] [Thanks to Javabugs] Bluetooth firmware is now renamed correctly so that it loads and should work
    • [04/05] Basic audio function is now working. This means volume adjustable speaker output and headset output. NO input works yet -- still WIP.[/B]
    • [04/01] Basic camera function now working, tho after video recording is stopped, camera will FC during thumbnail creation. Video is recorded successfully tho. Panorama crashed out entirely still WIP.
    • [02/25] Updates to CM10.1 (4.2.2_r1)
    • [02/01] First release for KFireHD 8.9

FEATURES / WORKING:
    • 3.0.50 kernel (up from a stock 3.0.8 kernel). This includes updates from Texas Instruments, Google and Kernel.org.
    • PowerVR Graphics Drivers: DDK 1.9@2291151 for Android (Jellybean compatible)
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • HWAcceleration
    • HD Codecs for YouTubeHD and Netflix
    • HDMI video out is now correct and work across several resolutions. YMMV

DEVS
    BUILDING THIS ROM:

First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
    http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

Then you can setup the Kindle Fire Android projects by doing the following:
    (This manifest allows for building Kindle Fire 1st (otter) and 2nd gen (otter2) + KFireHD 8.9" (jem) as well)
    Code:
    mkdir android
    cd android
    # Use main repo for CyanogenMod 10.1
    repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android -b cm-10.1
    # Then add the local_manifest.xml for the Kindle Fire
    curl -L -o .repo/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/KFire-Android/android_local_manifest/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync
    vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch tate
    CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
    • When long pressing icons in landscape mode to move them, etc the screen will flip upside down for a moment and right itself. This causes the action to be aborted.
    • Rotation selection in games is hit and miss. Some work perfectly and some like to flip the device upside down. Still debugging what is causing this.
    • AUDIO: Any decoder which uses Dolby surround current has a lower volume than the rest of the system (Netflix, Google Movies, etc). It's a WIP.
    • 3D Performance: Is only OK. Needs some troubleshooting and perhaps kernel cleanup. Work-In-Progress.
    • Sensors: Testing various sensors, gyro seems 90 degrees off, etc.
    • Bluetooth audio is still a work in progress, especially voice input.

SCREENSHOTS!
    New CM10.1 update in the OP.

Download Information:
    [07/13] ALPHA CM10.1 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130713-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
    md5sum: 42a46785b7a74ef47818274d25581585

CHANGES:
    • [07/13] USB Vendor ID / Product ID's have been reset to match the Amazon OS / TWRP values. Should help keep Windows drivers from going bonkers.
    • [07/13] Some Audio issues have been resolved. It shouldn't stop when swapping apps, etc. Still low volume currently where Dolby decoder is used.
    • [07/13] CM refreshed which includes several well-known security exploit patches
    • [07/13] PVR/SGX driver updated to 1.9@2291151 fixing several games and Google Earth
    • [07/13] Fixed a Bluetooth issue: stuck in TRANSITION mode till it's enabled/disabled after a reboot. This was causing extra battery drain.
    • [07/13] Some tweaks to Android vm allocations. Still needs work, but less apps are being killed off on the boot.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
    • When long pressing icons in landscape mode to move them, etc the screen will flip upside down for a moment and right itself. This causes the action to be aborted.
    • Rotation selection in games is hit and miss. Some work perfectly and some like to flip the device upside down. Still debugging what is causing this.
    • DSS: Video driver can hang a bit on deep sleep causing extra battery drain. Debugging still.
    • AUDIO: Any decoder which uses Dolby surround current has a lower volume than the rest of the system (Netflix, Google Movies, etc). It's a WIP.
    • AUDIO: Headset volume still may be lowish. Testing better ways of increasing volume w/o distortion. It's a WIP.
    • 3D Performance: Is only OK. Needs some troubleshooting and perhaps kernel cleanup. Work-In-Progress.
    • Sensors: Testing various sensors, gyro seems 90 degrees off, etc.
    Yep, I'm just playing catch up from my vacation. I had to iron out a few kinks on the devices w/ official CM builds coming out since they released 10.1.0
    Hash, can you tell us some things that are required to be done before the build becomes official? I'm sure a lot of us are very curious.

I crave that day where I see the device officially supported on the get.cm website, and on the Wiki, it proudly says "Hashcode" as the Maintainer.

The general rule of thumb for CM: "Most of the things" need to be working as well as stock, and in a way that isn't a "hack" which can break at any future moment. The old days where CM would merge any device, even if it was running on mostly GB binaries have changed. Almost every CM device has kernel source merged in with the device, and as many drivers based on source as possible for future growth and support.

The exception would be where "stock" is another OS entirely or stuck on a very old version of Android. (Read: hp touchpad on WebOS, Droid 3 / Kindle Fire's stock Gingerbread OS). They are more willing to accept minor functional limitations with devices in this category since users feel that the OS itself is such a great improvement over stock (Droid 3 / HP touchpad have camera issues and KFire's headphone MIC isn't working yet). Note that these devices still have custom kernels and support Android natively in a non-hacky way.

We don't really fall into the above category as our stock OS is still quite usable -- we just don't necessarily want to be limited by it.

So: we have obvious audio function/stability issues, HDMI function (this might not really hold us back from being merged) and orientation issues (reversed w/ some apps, etc). Plus some deep sleep battery adjustments.

Then: once merged into CM, the goal would be for "stable" status w/ monthly tagged "stable" builds that users consider "daily usable, high quality full-functioning OS replacements". This implies that "everything" works as well as stock if not better. And for that we would need 3D improvements, camera tweaks and minor other fixes with touchscreen "noise" while plugged into a charger, etc.

And lastly, being merged into CM sources doesn't mean they throw developers at a device. It means: users have access to nightly builds, a gerrit change approval system for community-based changes, bug tracking and wiki instructions/tips/tricks. And developers maintaining the device (myself) would be a part of the discussion when it comes to ROM-based changes which might affect the device (good or bad).