Anyone know what this security update is Samsung is trying to push?

Search This thread

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I keep canceling it. Trying the link for more info and the page is 404.
Edit: Sorry no screen shot. I didn't think to grab one. Just look at the date of this post. Are you seeing similar behavior? I just don't want to blindly let something install without knowing what is going on. I also don't want to Bork something by letting the phone do stuff automatically. It could "fix" something I don't want to be fixed and block something I don't want blocked. Knowing Samsung, it would fix something that cannot be rolled back once applied.
Edit 2: Just did a twrp nandroid backup, just in case. I don't know if the update does anything to hardware yet, but I have the software side backed up.

Last edited:

jimzweb1

Nov 13, 2010
I keep canceling it. Trying the link for more info and the page is 404.
Edit: Sorry no screen shot. I didn't think to grab one. Just look at the date of this post. Are you seeing similar behavior? I just don't want to blindly let something install without knowing what is going on. I also don't want to Bork something by letting the phone do stuff automatically. It could "fix" something I don't want to be fixed and block something I don't want blocked. Knowing Samsung, it would fix something that cannot be rolled back once applied.
Edit 2: Just did a twrp nandroid backup, just in case. I don't know if the update does anything to hardware yet, but I have the software side backed up.

What rom are you running? What baseband? Yesterday just for kicks, I unrooted my note 3 and went to Samsung firmware got a copy of NC5, which was dated 3/31/2014. After install, I tried to get firmware updates. it came back device was up to date. Have not heard of any OTA's. Try and get a screenshot.