stuff

Search This thread
T

twitch351

when i try to paste the file in the system/app folder, it says i cant because it's a read only system. any help?

Up at the top of root explorer (use that) there will be something that either says "R/W" or "R/O" make sure it says "R/W" that way you can paste it in there. Then reboot.

-If ignorance is bliss why aren't you smiling?-

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
I tried this a few months ago, it didn't work, and I haven't had LWP's since. I put my original LiveWallpapers.apk back in /system/app and have changed the permissions to rw,r,r and it still won't install. When I go to install it with Root Explorer, it asks if I want to replace the application. I think I may know why.

In Settings-->Applications, there are 2 LWP apps, LiveWallpapers, and Android Live Wallpapers. I think the latter may be an auto-updater for the LWP app, like the updater for the market app. It shows that it has data and cache stored, but the buttons to clear them are grayed out. I feel pretty confident that if I could clear these, or delete the app, I could have LWP's again. Anybody know where the data and cache for this would be stored so I can delete them manually?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

mhport2

Aug 18, 2010
I have been looking for this livewallpaper for a few days now, almost bought a Nexus S 4G just to get it....

No wait, I wasn't about to do that but now with my EVO running this wallpaper and gingerbread-evo-deck-1.2x Rom, it looks like I have a Nexus S.

antaine

Jan 29, 2011
Paris
Do you that livewallpaper works on odther android phone?
I m using a galaxy 3 froyo with wallapaper activated (it's not by default)

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
I tried to install on my hyperdroid and now I don't have any live wallpaper? :(

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
Can anyone tell me how to get my live wallpapers back? I have HD2 hyperdroid I backed up my livewallpaperspicker.apk with root exploring but after failing to get this nexus one to work I copied the backup back using root explorer and now I still have no livewallpapper

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Can anyone tell me how to get my live wallpapers back? I have HD2 hyperdroid I backed up my livewallpaperspicker.apk with root exploring but after failing to get this nexus one to work I copied the backup back using root explorer and now I still have no livewallpapper

It's probably just permissions... long hold on the livewallpaper.apk and click permissions.
Mine, in my aosp Rom on a desire, has the three for read and top one for write ticked.... just a guess...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
It's probably just permissions... long hold on the livewallpaper.apk and click permissions.
Mine, in my aosp Rom on a desire, has the three for read and top one for write ticked.... just a guess...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Ok that worked lol had to reboot after, thanx alot

Last edited:

parzifal

Mar 21, 2007
great work....thanks for the update
keep going bro....

~~~~**Kucie Jucy Mucie Nucie Lucie Czap Fap Chap Map Tap***~~~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions:

1. Download the Nexus S livewallpaper.apk
    2. Copy the file to your SD-Card
    3. Open "Root Explorer"
    4. Do a backup of your "livewallpaper.apk" in "system/app"
    5. Copy the Nexus S "livewallpaper.apk" to "system/app"
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy

Credits : the3dman :D

I will be the first to try!! yay!!
    how to I change permission? Is it possible to do that through file manager? or through setting? i don't get it, could someone let me know how?

When I use linda, or two other file managers to copy and paste the file to the system/app, it does it but the file has 0Kb so it's unsuccessful.

How do I successfully copy the file into system/app?

since I've deleted the original file, now i don't even have the original nexus live wallpaper anymore.. bummer.
    You need Root Explorer to do that.

After going to /system/app you've to push the button "Mount R/W" on the up-right corner of the screen. This button enables you to write in that path.

After pasting the file, you have to long press on it and tap "Permissions" In the pop-up that appers, you have to check the all the option available about "Read", and only the first one for "Write".

Let me know if you have any problems ;)
    thank you

Wow thanks testing now.
    Thanks for sharing.

:D
    Does anyone have the original LiveWallpapers.apk file of the Desire HD? I lost my backup of the file, and now I can't update my rom to the last OTA because the checksum fails on this file.

Could you post it here? Thanks a lot ! ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IFVA3YD0

Hope this helps :)