Vivid Landscape mode?

Search This thread

shelgame

Dec 8, 2010
I have a Vivid running CM11 (Jan 15th build). I can't get Launcher to stay in landscape mode. When I put the Vivid into the HTC dock, it automatically goes into Landscape mode, but I can't for the life of me find a setting to get it to do that without the dock. Any ideas?

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
I have a Vivid running CM11 (Jan 15th build). I can't get Launcher to stay in landscape mode. When I put the Vivid into the HTC dock, it automatically goes into Landscape mode, but I can't for the life of me find a setting to get it to do that without the dock. Any ideas?

Trebuchet does not support landscape mode... Switch launchers... Or maybe see if xposed has a workaround

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

shelgame

Dec 8, 2010
landscape

Trebuchet does not support landscape mode... Switch launchers... Or maybe see if xposed has a workaround

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

This is the albinoman887 CM11 unofficial from Jan15th. He's using launcher3. It apparently does support landscape, as it will go to landscape mode when in the HTC Dock.

I did find an app that will force it to landscape mode when charging. Which, since this is for a car, will work fine. I was really hoping to make it rotation-based - like a mini tablet. My Nexus 7 with CM11 supports landscape mode based only on rotation, so I don't see why a phone couldn't. Though it clearly isn't built into the phone as standard...

cmerlyn

Aug 17, 2011
Rohnert Park
This is the albinoman887 CM11 unofficial from Jan15th. He's using launcher3. It apparently does support landscape, as it will go to landscape mode when in the HTC Dock.

I did find an app that will force it to landscape mode when charging. Which, since this is for a car, will work fine. I was really hoping to make it rotation-based - like a mini tablet. My Nexus 7 with CM11 supports landscape mode based only on rotation, so I don't see why a phone couldn't. Though it clearly isn't built into the phone as standard...

I'm running the CM11 from March 13 and having no problem at all with landscape/portrait. I am using a different launcher (Solo) that I like a lot better. You might want to give it a try, since it is free on Play Store.