FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

google maps error:"this application requires a data connection"

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By brandon1108, Member on 27th April 2010, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, i've just received my desire today and been using my current data connection with no problem, except every time i try to open google maps, it comes up with the error "this application requires a data connection". I have updated the firmware to the lastest.

I have searched for this error but the only thing that will come up is about a data connection being dropped when trying to use google maps/gps... except my data connection stays 4 bars the whole time.

thanks, Brandon

27th April 2010, 08:30 PM |#2  
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon1108

Hey guys, i've just received my desire today and been using my current data connection with no problem, except every time i try to open google maps, it comes up with the error "this application requires a data connection". I have updated the firmware to the lastest.

I have searched for this error but the only thing that will come up is about a data connection being dropped when trying to use google maps/gps... except my data connection stays 4 bars the whole time.

thanks, Brandon

Brandon, does the data connection works again after you stop Google Maps (without a reboot) ?
I have the same problem as you and only after reboot I have throughput again
28th April 2010, 07:04 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Re: google maps error:"this application requires a data connection"
nahh my data connection it works fine after trying :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
28th April 2010, 08:00 PM |#4  
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Brandon,

I did a hard reset (return to factory settings ) on my Desire today and guess what:

Both my Data problems (no data after use of Wifi and or GPS) are gone !
Tested several times Wifi & GPS , also did a reboot and tested again, all seems working again, no more 3G data problem anymore.

So I guess one of the extra apps I installed caused the 3G Data Connection issue.

I'll reïnstall them one by one to see if I can catch the "guilty" one.

I also hope that problem doesn't return after a while without a cause.
14th April 2014, 09:45 AM |#5  

More
Still not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by davw

Brandon,

I did a hard reset (return to factory settings ) on my Desire today and guess what:

Both my Data problems (no data after use of Wifi and or GPS) are gone !
Tested several times Wifi & GPS , also did a reboot and tested again, all seems working again, no more 3G data problem anymore.

So I guess one of the extra apps I installed caused the 3G Data Connection issue.

I'll reïnstall them one by one to see if I can catch the "guilty" one.

I also hope that problem doesn't return after a while without a cause.

I have tried this method. Everything was fine - my phone (rooted Samsung galaxy core duos JB 4.1.2) got faster. But google maps can't connect. I am stuck at the screen where you have to accept the terms and coditions (as it is launched for the first time).
Hope someone has encountered and fixed this error.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)