FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Spigen Neo Hybrid vs Tough Armor?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By willLEEum, Junior Member on 13th April 2014, 12:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anybody tried both the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Spigen Tough Armor cases?
I bought the Spigen Neo Hybrid from amazon for my S5 and I feel like it adds a bit more bulk compared to how the Spigen Neo Hybrid is on the S4 or the Nexus 5.

Has anybody tried them both and what's better in your opinion?

(I prefer slimness opposed to protection)

13th April 2014, 04:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the neo hybrid and I absolutely love it. the quality s through the roof and the way it feels in your hand is amazing. the metalized buttons are very responsive and function perfectly. I have dropped my phone twice and it has done its job. I ordered mine off amazon and received it in about 5 days paid around 25
2nd May 2014, 04:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I don't know if I got a fake or what, but I got a Neo Hybrid from Amazon for $15 and absolutely hate it. The fit isn't the best but not terrible, but it just feels awful and makes the phone feel much, much bigger.

I prefer the Ringke slim or even the Spigen Slim to the Neo Hybrid by far. Protection without the bulk.
2nd May 2014, 07:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and absolutely love it.

Great grip, snaps into place perfectly, and the metallic colored buttons feel good.
2nd May 2014, 08:09 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have both versions of the the Neo Hybrid. I loved the S4 version but the S5 one is just too bulky in order to completely flat out the camera hump underneath. I'm currently waiting to buy one of the slimmer cases in a trip to the US.

Any new user to the S5 Neo Hybrid would love the build quality and toughness but the S4 version is miles better. IMHO this is not SGP's fault as their design goal for the NH is to have a flat back and S5's camera hump is a lot more prominent.

Cheers.
3rd May 2014, 07:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oC|-TiTaN

I don't know if I got a fake or what, but I got a Neo Hybrid from Amazon for $15 and absolutely hate it. The fit isn't the best but not terrible, but it just feels awful and makes the phone feel much, much bigger.

I prefer the Ringke slim or even the Spigen Slim to the Neo Hybrid by far. Protection without the bulk.

I also got one from Amazon, and it seems worse quality than what I had before on the s4... the rubber came scratched, the power button feels loose, and the volume rocker is actually slightly bent so it pops out quite easily.
I also ordered the tough armor case, and I like the feel and minimal bulk of the case. The only gripe I have with it is the fact that the power and volume buttons don't protrude, but I'll get used to it.
3rd May 2014, 10:01 AM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 30

More
There are a lot of fake Spigen cases out there. each one comes with a code you can type in on Spigens website to let you know if it's genuine or not. I bought mine (Neo Hybrid) direct from Spigen for £19 and whilst it's good I think it adds a little too much bulk to the phone. It also makes accessing the USB port difficult if you keep your nails short.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)