[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Nope, the sms/mms thing is an issue with the build i used, i fuddled something up..

both issues are fixed locally here, just gotta do the localization to en-us and then it's all good unless you have run into any more issues? :)

I think i'm going to move all Touch Pro specific stuff to a checkbox and all Fuze specific stuff to a checkbox.. hardware keyboard, device name, sms/mms settings etc.

That way I don't have to cook connection setup in to get my stuff set up :) (my motivation is laziness!)

Last edited:

ibrythill

Aug 20, 2008
www.ibrythill.pl
Nope, the sms/mms thing is an issue with the build i used, i fuddled something up..

both issues are fixed locally here, just gotta do the localization to en-us and then it's all good unless you have run into any more issues? :)

I think i'm going to move all Touch Pro specific stuff to a checkbox and all Fuze specific stuff to a checkbox.. hardware keyboard, device name, sms/mms settings etc.

That way I don't have to cook connection setup in to get my stuff set up :) (my motivation is laziness!)

I'm getting the SMS/Email bug too and changing the localization didn't change anyting. Another thing is that, when I'm trying to read an SMS and on the white screen I tap the right softkey I get this error message: "The message cannot be signed and/or encrypted".
Is it only me?

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Everything runs really well. Lets hope that after those bug fixes that it'll still be running as great. I haven't used Manilla in a long time because of the lag, but it really runs well with this version.

I agree about separating the Fuze and TouchPro stuff. The mouseover descriptions can get annoying too, which some are wrong, but nuff said.

Do we even need the that new network customization app to select AT&T? I've included it every time I install it just incase but I'm curious if anyone else has set it up. One would think that if AT&T wanted HSDPA disabled... that the AT&T Preset settings would have HSDPA disabled as well.

I'm at home now, the V5 and V6 hybrid kitchen are at work... so instead of downloading both kitchens again... I'm just going to wait for your update tonight.

FYI I'm getting awesome PocketGBA speeds around 23-26fps.

Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Connection Setup Wizard only sets up the apns, and any possible proxies.. it doesn't make any changes to the advanced network configuration where it would disable HSUPA :) That's controlled via provxml's in htc's setup (and is enabled by default in this rom)

In the current version you need it installed as there is no connections setup by default. But in the new version i'm making simply selecting "ATT Fuze" from the device menu will load all that stuff up, so you don't need to cook it in :) "Touch Pro" will remain as-is.

testing a flash now.. if all the known bugs are fixed it'll be uploading shortly :)

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks,

Any possibility of separating the Comm (AT&T Connection-specific) stuff in the new Fuze section? That way, one can skip the Comm Configuration and apply all the other Fuze related goodies.

Sent u a little 'something' for u'r time ... cheers!

Last edited:

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Connection Setup Wizard only sets up the apns, and any possible proxies.. it doesn't make any changes to the advanced network configuration where it would disable HSUPA :) That's controlled via provxml's in htc's setup (and is enabled by default in this rom)

In the current version you need it installed as there is no connections setup by default. But in the new version i'm making simply selecting "ATT Fuze" from the device menu will load all that stuff up, so you don't need to cook it in :) "Touch Pro" will remain as-is.

testing a flash now.. if all the known bugs are fixed it'll be uploading shortly :)

If at all possible, as I am off to bed (gone midnight here and need to be up early), if the SMS bug can be fixed by just putting a new dll or file in, could someone upload it for me? I would be keen to update my kitchen tomorrow just for that change as well, if Da_G could explain what the change is.

I exclude connection setup when I cook the ROM as I use a cab to set all my network stuff up and I got a funny result from connection set up the first time I used this kitchen - lots of screen flickering and confusion although after a while it seemed ok.
Excuse the rambling - had a glass or two or wine....probably best I dont try any cooking tillt he morning!

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
FYI,

The In-Call Status Screen Off behavior is still present - i.e. off after 5 secs. The 'No Sleep Raph' cab has an incorrect registry entry in the RIL section for Fast Dormancy ... even with the correct entry it's still unpredictable.

[EDIT] Changes to Backlight (HKCU), Phone (HKCU), and RIL (HKLM) are fine /w reset. Different behavior from a Power Off - i.e. Instant Screen Off

Curious,

Has anyone ever figured out how to get the Screen Lock to behave like the Smartphone? On the Smartphone, one is presented with the Password PIN after pressing the Unlock SK. The Today screen is always visible.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Much appreciated :)

Testing now, things look good.. changed touch pro locale to en-us, fuze was already set that way.. oh, let me add the agps config panel back while i'm at it..

I just observed the connection setup flickering too. this version behaves a little differently than previous versions, previous versions wouldn't do anything on the first boot and prompt you to setup on the 2nd boot..

this one seems adamant to prompt you on the first boot, and if you don't do anything (because sdconfig is running or w/e) it'll just sit there until the phone reboots.. then prompt you on the 2nd reboot as normal. so its a cosmetic issue, seems.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Well, everything's fixed and good to go except the SMS page.. wtfamily!

Not sure what's up with that.. tried 3 different versions of arcsoft sms/mms, its not that.. i take it this works fine in the stock rom (never tried)

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
First time I tried it in the stock ... it sent the SMS but indicated that it did not.

I used the Phone settings to perform a 'Get Settings' of ALL the Rogers Network options and haven't experienced the problem since.

Here's a copy of the Registry Dump off the ROM (fresh Hard Reset) - no SIM in place during the entire process and the only application installed was PHM Regedit after completion ... not sure if it's of any help.

If u need one with a SIM in place ... let me know.

HTH,

[EDIT] .REG export in WinXP format option using PHM Regedit

[EDIT] Added one with a SIM

Attachments

• Registry_HTC_ROM.5.05.405.1.zip
    183.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Bizybone

Dec 2, 2007
Atlanta
WLM 10.6.48.1500 doesn't work for me. Neither does setting up an email account. I'm going to try and recook with the older WLM version. Unless it has something to do with me cooking rom with .NET 3.5 as oppose to 2.0.

Edit: Heh just read that others are also having Email issues.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The problem appears to be that when I was messing with the newer Kitchen, it created real .dsm's for each folder I had.. then I renamed the folders after in the process of splitting things up.. since the foldernames no longer matched the .dsm's it wasnt copying any files :(

Quite annoying! This affected many packages so i'm going through now and re-creating all the .dsms to avoid any issues. I'll re-upload after that :)

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
What the....

Damn... put in some serious hours the last few days at work so no time to play with my phone. Come back and there's a new HTC ROM released and new kitchen being worked on already here. It's like Christmas! Da_G you are a machine!

Thanks again for your hard work and all that time you spend on this stuff so that people not nearly as smart as you (me) can spend all my time messing with this stuff too :)

-e

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Ugh, ok, I finally fingered out the sms issue after I noticed it affected email too..

I'll do myself a favor and NOT share with you what I did to break it, lmao :(

Suffice it to say I should sleep before creating a kitchen from scratch :)

I expect this next test flash to go perfectly and I should be uploading shortly :)

DrzNight

Dec 7, 2008
Da G, if you have a chance do you mind telling us how we would go about flashing the matching Radio for this rom base? as well as where is it that you replace the rilphone.dll in the kitchen when cooking? Thanks a lot man.