FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Share Latest Apktool 4.2.2/Guide/Tutorial/] How to Decompile/Compile/Sign Apk/Jar

1,612 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,999

By Rizal Lovins, Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer / Recognized Contributor on 18th March 2013, 07:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2013, 07:18 AM |#11  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Re: [Share Latest Apktool 4.2.2/Guide/Tutorial/] How to Decompile/Compile/Sign Apk/Ja
Great guide Rizal. Decent English too. Lol. Proud to be Sundanese..

In my opinion, there are other more simplified tools that utilized apktool better (I use apkmultitools and vts (virtuous ten studios)) but people needs to know the basic right..

And I think, you need to put the java\bin directory in Path in windows system variables (or Java_home in win8). And it's better (I think) to put sdk directory (adb, fastboot), apktool and the smali jars files in the Path too, so that users can access from any folders/directory.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
19th March 2013, 08:40 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 15,999

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Share Latest Apktool 4.2.2/Guide/Tutorial/] How to Decompile/Compile/Sign Apk/Ja
Quote:
Originally Posted by WahyuAndri

now bookmark it!! thanks dude!!

:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorzua

Thanks for the credits, buddy
nice share there

Thanks for your support my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1st3r1

Great guide Rizal. Decent English too. Lol. Proud to be Sundanese..

In my opinion, there are other more simplified tools that utilized apktool better (I use apkmultitools and vts (virtuous ten studios)) but people needs to know the basic right..

And I think, you need to put the java\bin directory in Path in windows system variables (or Java_home in win8). And it's better (I think) to put sdk directory (adb, fastboot), apktool and the smali jars files in the Path too, so that users can access from any folders/directory.

Yeah I know, but some user will confusing lolz, this apktool is latest version so will work for apk 4.2.2, old version doesn't work

:thumbup:

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk 2
20th March 2013, 01:08 AM |#13  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 276

Donate to Me
More
I've seen other guides say that resources.arsc should be copied from the old apk and stored in the new one.... is that necessary?
20th March 2013, 02:31 AM |#14  
Flag Fortaleza, CearĂ¡
Thanks Meter: 273

More
thanks =)
22nd March 2013, 02:27 PM |#15  
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 0

More
THANKS
25th March 2013, 12:00 PM |#16  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 276

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?

I've seen other guides say that resources.arsc should be copied from the old apk and stored in the new one.... is that necessary?

Can anybody shed any light on this?
27th March 2013, 12:19 PM |#17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 14,610

Donate to Me
More
Hey rizal, following your decmpile/recompile method, the apk wont install, signature problem.
27th March 2013, 06:42 PM |#18  
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang

Hey rizal, following your decmpile/recompile method, the apk wont install, signature problem.

There are some problems when signing the apk. The workaround for this: use some tools (ticklemyandroid does good jobs) to completely signing the apk (I've done this when modifying systemui.apk), you can also learn from it (learn some of its codes). Or just move files that u've modified from the modified (recompiled) apk to original apk (7zip is your friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?

I don't think it's necessary. But keep in my mind my post above. So it's like u keep the old resource but put the modified (and compiled) files to the original.

28th March 2013, 10:33 AM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 14,610

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1st3r1

There are some problems when signing the apk. The workaround for this: use some tools (ticklemyandroid does good jobs) to completely signing the apk (I've done this when modifying systemui.apk), you can also learn from it (learn some of its codes). Or just move files that u've modified from the modified (recompiled) apk to original apk (7zip is your friend)

Just moving with normal compression?
30th March 2013, 12:36 AM |#20  
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang

Just moving with normal compression?

Yes. Just move it to one 7zip window to another one...

31st March 2013, 09:42 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chennai , I N D I A
Thanks Meter: 26,573

Donate to Me
More
Anybody pls put a tutorial regarding how to make 3 dot menu overflow every where.. ? I mean with om screen buttons, small, big and 3 dot menu overflow, without on screen buttons with menu overflow..

I am a beginner.. Pls some one...

My " GREENISH " Xperia S with XZX 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)