FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

let's keep the rom development topic in here. Here is my romkitchen, from kaiserkitchen 0.3. There is no flash utility, but you can use customruu for that.

The included rom is a base for localisation, or customisation. Click on first step (prepare), make your changes, then click on step 2 (cook). You have a Signed_RUU ready for flashing.

In my experience, it is best to delete the RUU_Signed before creating a new one

Also, the custom ruu will not flash the new rom if you do not change the folder between each flashing on vista. I use a name identation (folder1 then folder2, etc...)

Happy cooking. Please use this to help finding stuff about drivers

Warning: you cannot add or remove from sys folder without doing a greloc. DO it before doing anything. Notge the value, then relaunch it when you added or removed something. Put back previous value then click on go!

http://rapidshare.com/files/14212207...tchen.rar.html
3rd September 2008, 04:25 AM |#2  
Flag Chesterfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaihugo

Hi,

let's keep the rom development topic in here. Here is my romkitchen, from kaiserkitchen 0.3. There is no flash utility, but you can use customruu for that.

The included rom is a base for localisation, or customisation. Click on first step (prepare), make your changes, then click on step 2 (cook). You have a Signed_RUU ready for flashing.

In my experience, it is best to delete the RUU_Signed before creating a new one

Also, the custom ruu will not flash the new rom if you do not change the folder between each flashing on vista. I use a name identation (folder1 then folder2, etc...)

Happy cooking. Please use this to help finding stuff about drivers

Warning: you cannot add or remove from sys folder without doing a greloc. DO it before doing anything. Notge the value, then relaunch it when you added or removed something. Put back previous value then click on go!

Hi
Thank you very much.
Ram
3rd September 2008, 06:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thank you for your hard work and dedication we put it. Best regards
6th September 2008, 02:29 PM |#4  
Flag Moving to London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

you mean that we have to extract sys folder from RUU_Signed.nbh file... then execute greloc and take note of the value... then copy files in the sys folder like OEMAPPS and OEMDrivers... and when we finish adding files in the sys folder... before we execute cook process and NBHutils we have to run the greloc again and reinsert the previous values... then click doit! in the greloc?
6th September 2008, 03:24 PM |#5  
Flag Chesterfield, MO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgreen

you mean that we have to extract sys folder from RUU_Signed.nbh file... then execute greloc and take note of the value... then copy files in the sys folder like OEMAPPS and OEMDrivers... and when we finish adding files in the sys folder... before we execute cook process and NBHutils we have to run the greloc again and reinsert the previous values... then click doit! in the greloc?

Make sure you keep your langugage specific folders intact.
Thanks
Ram
14th September 2008, 04:52 AM |#6  
Flag Chesterfield, MO

More
G'Reloc Situation
Quote:

Hi,

Hi thaihugo
My G'Reloc posts the same numbers always before and after, and strangely they are same for kaiser and SnapVUE. Am I doing anything wrong there?
Slot 0: 01F90000
Slot 1: 03DD0000
Size of ROM: 83400000
Unknown: 00000000
These are the numbers I have seen in ImageInfo.txt under .VM folder in SYS
Thanks
Ram
14th September 2008, 11:24 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Most of the time, greloc sees the same numbers, but is needed for the few DLL's you have added. So even if you (as me) get the same number everytime, just run it to make sure everything is in place.

If you put say a full sys from another device, you will get slightly different numbers. You will have to put back the value you posted here in that case.

Morality: If you add any dll folder or exe folder in the SYS folder (not a simple dll or exe), do a preventive g'reloc before cooking.
14th September 2008, 04:56 PM |#8  
Flag Chesterfield, MO

More
Quote:

Most of the time, greloc sees the same numbers, but is needed for the few DLL's you have added. So even if you (as me) get the same number everytime, just run it to make sure everything is in place.

If you put say a full sys from another device, you will get slightly different numbers. You will have to put back the value you posted here in that case.

Morality: If you add any dll folder or exe folder in the SYS folder (not a simple dll or exe), do a preventive g'reloc before cooking.

oh. Thank you
Ram
23rd September 2008, 08:55 PM |#9  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help needed...
After all...i decided to cook my own rom...

Read alot , did everything i have read...

"cab oem" ing
"initflashfiles.dat" modification

but when it came to the end , buildos gives an error such as

The target file "temp\dump\mstscax.dll is a directory not a file"

Mind do wake me up for what i am missing ?

Safak
23rd September 2008, 10:20 PM |#10  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help #2 for the noob
I have found out the problem about the previous tab... It was about wrong configuration of Remote Desktop...

I have overcome it but came a new one which is

Buildos gives this error

"Error building default.hv and user.hv"

and now , what ?

Help this poor lamer :(
The Following User Says Thank You to safak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift safak Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)