Lg l7 battery fits our OB just fine :)

Search This thread

iamwyim

Oct 24, 2011
That is very odd. I experience the 1% every 2-3 minutes if I am using the phone with 3G turned on. Original battery. Without 3G I get an acceptable drain of probably 7 minutes or so for a drop of 1%

Really??I am using 3G for my phone as well. I was on a short trip during the Christmas Eve and have left my phone at home for whole day!!
I have found my phone drops about 10% every 12 Hours! Of course, I have received loads of greetings from my whatsapps during the time!

arronov

Jun 15, 2011
Okay, let's back to original topic :)

Sir, can you please share your experience about L7 battery usage on optimus black? any pros/cons? thank you :fingers-crossed:

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Sooo after some use i can report no negative effects whatsoever. Phone temperature and battery temperature is the same. Voltage of the battery after full charge (switched of from the charger) is only fractionally higher - p970 4042 mV VS L7 4085 mV.
On a side note the L7 sees the p970 battery as charged 79 %when it is actually charged to 100 on the black ( phone being switched off and charged until it shows fully charged sign).
So not entirely sure if the Black is making any use of the extra 200 mAh.

-Sat-

Jan 31, 2012
ogremount have you tried doing the opposite? Charging fully l7 battery with the OB and after put it in the l7? It shows that is fully charged?

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
ogremount have you tried doing the opposite? Charging fully l7 battery with the OB and after put it in the l7? It shows that is fully charged?
I did that couple of times and either way it shows 100% Being charged in the L7 while switched off and put in the OB and Charged in the OB while switched off)

What i need is more precise battery measuring app . Any suggestions ?

tuananh14295

Jan 2, 2013
Hanoi
thanks

EDIT:
Do the following at you're own risk.Even though it works for me and there is no logical reason it wouldn't work for you.

My wife got a new L7 couple of Weeks back and i have been paying with it every now and again.
As the battery on the OB is experiencing bad drain lately i thought to look for replacement. Tried other battery with no luck and than last night thought what the hell i will try the L7's battery.
Hell yeah ! Fits nicely ( but the OB battery had to be filled a bit to fit in the L7 , just in the right corner about 1mm on 1mm).
Now to the nice part. As it is a new battery the self drain is gone.
And it is 1700mAh
Although i will have to return it to my wife as she is gonna be in a shock as her phone is gonna be dead before tonight :) The big question for me is is the L9 battery the same size and would it fit as well .
thanks for share !

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Ok folks bad news.
As i had a suspicion because of the L7 (with OB battery) only showing 87 percent charge and continuing to charge after battery showed fully charged in off state i went the other way around.
Fully charged the L7 battery in the OB and the OB battery in the L7 both in off states.
Once charged swapped them so they are both in their original phone.
And while the OB was showing 100 %the L7 was showing 87%.
I know that's not scientifical evidence but empiricly the same result two times.
So i guess the phone itself decides how much to charge the battery and not the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadcaster

Arohdin

Sep 12, 2011
Very good info. Though, I will probably go for a Mugen 1800 mah for optimus black.

kirigaze

Jan 15, 2012
Jakarta
Ok folks bad news.
As i had a suspicion because of the L7 (with OB battery) only showing 87 percent charge and continuing to charge after battery showed fully charged in off state i went the other way around.
Fully charged the L7 battery in the OB and the OB battery in the L7 both in off states.
Once charged swapped them so they are both in their original phone.
And while the OB was showing 100 %the L7 was showing 87%.
I know that's not scientifical evidence but empiricly the same result two times.
So i guess the phone itself decides how much to charge the battery and not the other way around.

So it will be fine if we are using external charger :good:

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
No Vaiet it does nothing wiping the battery stats. Tried it several times.
It seems to me that LG has set the charging current values in the phone . And it doesn't read or it does not reflect the actual battery capacity.
Spoke with Huexxx about it but he doesn't know either. Re-flashed Zeus 7.04 just to try but it is the same. On the other hand the L7 keeps charging the OB battery ( It reaches 87 and it is stuck there) as long as you leave it plugged-in so obviously it doesn't reflect the actual capacity either.
So if any of you folks has an idea how to make the phone read the true capacity of the battery please let us know.

Redeemer : no idea where to buy one where you are.

von Mandrake

Jun 26, 2008
Oporto
According to this: http://www.gsmtop.ro/product.php?id_product=6846 Optimus True Hd P936 is compatible with L7 and is 1830 MAh!!! If someone knows a friend that has that phone it would be a great find as the OB lacks a decent battery with ICS and all now released!
Actually, not true...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-OEM-LG-B...==/$(KGrHqN,!icFB)eozsToBQrorgzGh!~~60_12.JPG
As we can see here, they don't even have the same shape. The picture on that website is distorted, just look at the LG logo on it.

Anyway, I found this one too...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390586480289?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
It's the battery for LG Lucid 4G VS840 (not available on my country). As it is a BL-44xx battery, I think it will fit our OB. I ordered today a cheap replacement battery for the VS840, to check if it works

edit: The LG Prada P940's battery is also a BL-44xx

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT:
    Do the following at you're own risk.Even though it works for me and there is no logical reason it wouldn't work for you.

My wife got a new L7 couple of Weeks back and i have been paying with it every now and again.
    As the battery on the OB is experiencing bad drain lately i thought to look for replacement. Tried other battery with no luck and than last night thought what the hell i will try the L7's battery.
    Hell yeah ! Fits nicely ( but the OB battery had to be filled a bit to fit in the L7 , just in the right corner about 1mm on 1mm).
    Now to the nice part. As it is a new battery the self drain is gone.
    And it is 1700mAh
    Although i will have to return it to my wife as she is gonna be in a shock as her phone is gonna be dead before tonight :) The big question for me is is the L9 battery the same size and would it fit as well .
    Every circuit has a dynamic range.... 3.7 and 3.8 is pretty similar... 2.7% would be considered low tolerance...

I'm sure that if eneryone takes its fully charged batt, remove it from phone and test it with a multimeter, every batt shows differents values with differences greater than the quoted here...

I think there's no problem... also, when people buy a nonLG replacement chinesse batt... nobody says that maybe the voltage is different and it may harm your phone...

I would use it... and in long term... the mobile will be in a obscure dock with lots of dust...
    Here goes the pics, sorry about the delay.

P.s. Pics are from the old trusty s8500 aka wave. L7 camera is crap

I own a pair of them and I rate it between 3000-3200mha of charge (200-215% of stock OB battery) They work fine, but the cover is crap... It has an ugly glossy finish and are very weak, will crak with any small drop, mine has 2 cracked corners repaired with superglue. Anywai it is easy to fix, and for the price is the reason because I own 2. Also yourphone becomes fat and you dont have any case that fits it.
    Just did a full charge on my OB, 4.15V measured with a multimeter.
    I think that a 3.7 to 3.8 will not harm the device, just my opinion.
    I'm not an expert but this devices must have some dc voltage regulator to the desired output voltage.
    Of course that the voltage regulator have their limits that shouldn't be exceeded.