[ValuePack Firmware] I9000XXJW4 (2.3.6) [More Info|Feature List|Screenshots]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Fremen567

May 10, 2010
So, I flash the rom but in pda I put the pda file? What about the pda file of the rom? I had never heard of this method. Is it as simple as that?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

You flash full rom ( to include rom pda) and let it boot up properly. After that you go back to download mode and flash one of those kernels as pda thru Odin. This is how most of people get root and cwm on Galaxy S. But please do some more reading before you do anything. Lot of topics in general section explaining everything in detail. Or even watch some videos on youtube before doing anything to ur phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dani01c

Dani01c

Aug 24, 2010
Puerto Rico
You flash full rom ( to include rom pda) and let it boot up properly. After that you go back to download mode and flash one of those kernels as pda thru Odin. This is how most of people get root and cwm on Galaxy S. But please do some more reading before you do anything. Lot of topics in general section explaining everything in detail. Or even watch some videos on youtube before doing anything to ur phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Oh, ok seems pretty easy. I think installing icssgs rom was much harder since there were more procedures. But thanks a lot! Will flash it on a friends phone and root so I can restore his stuff.

mk_ln

Jul 16, 2010
so whats the difference b/w the leaked JVU and the official JW4? is it more stable? have a smoother UI?

tia

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
Is it just me or, have they finally fixed the Browser startup/rotation bug where if you start the browser and then rotate the screen before it opens completely it will force close.

I have tried to reproduce it but thus far have not been able to do so.

puneetbhagat

Jan 13, 2012
Hi.. I'm from India & I'm using XXJVU with regional CSC file of DDJV9 file & rooted with cf-root kernel (CWM recovery 3).
Can I install XXJW4 with same method?
I'm not sure bcuz XXJVU was "open europe" version but XXJW4 is UK version, is that a problem?

GT-I9000 using TapaTalk

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
Compare your ram usage with this
sc20120106220322.png

You need to stop thinking of RAM management in the Windows way. Android RAM management is a different matter and the system dynamically manages RAM. Android keep apps in background suspended and their data kept in RAM for quick initialisation in the future when required. Having to initialise an application and load data into RAM means it takes more time for the application to be available to the user.

I wish people would stop spreading this fallacy about needing to have loads of free RAM on their Android device.

Reactions: Topuz

vidvan

Feb 17, 2012
Hi.. I'm from India & I'm using XXJVU with regional CSC file of DDJV9 file & rooted with cf-root kernel (CWM recovery 3).
Can I install XXJW4 with same method?
I'm not sure bcuz XXJVU was "open europe" version but XXJW4 is UK version, is that a problem?

GT-I9000 using TapaTalk

Hi Puneet,
You can flash any PDA you like. It is the CSC and Modem which makes it specific to different countries. I am using XWJW1 with India Specific modem and CSC and the phone is running great. I am running on Semaphore JW1 kernel.

Just put it in PDA and flash it. Don't tick any repartition. But do a factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache before flashing.

Thanks

xenos126

Sep 21, 2010
amazing overall performance improvements!

Im one of those who seldom posts around the forum, but when i come across some really worthy mentions im sure to give it some good feedbacks. The value pack installed flawlessly and i must admit that sammy really did a good job this time. games that were previously laggy where immediately given a chance to shine on the galaxy S, one of those games is 9mm which i had it on my galaxy s before value pack was released. It was playable but at certain areas where there are lots of objects and also when the character is outside in the open it will lag heavily. But with this value pack, the lag problem is gone! really amazing work done on this latest firmware from sammy, Kudos!

Siberian Tiger

Retired Senior Moderator / Tiger's Eye
Dec 4, 2010
Piraeus
I found something that faryaab don't mention in the new features of JW4.
Settings-accessibility and have a look at the last option that's cool:)

idiotshere

Mar 30, 2012
I have uploaded the firmware to FileFactory and have also removed password protection.

wierd becaause the download link and mirror link goes into same place that is sammobile password link

also very bad that you want to bypass moderators action. your thread was taken down yet you used old one renamed it and used to spread your slow links you get paind for (i guess) to put here

if you want to maitain such behvior at least provide users with real alternative for your downloads that is:

FAST DOWNLOD:
http://samsung-updates.com/get/727/Samsung_Firmware_GT-I9000_XEU_I9000XXJW4_Android_2_3_6.html

FASTER DOWNLOAD - TORRENT
http://samsung-updates.com/track/Sa...I9000_XEU_1_20120321140453_udbxvq6it9.torrent

and any other link you will find on forums leading to this firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official ValuePack Firmwares

I9000XXJW4 Download | Mirror (Thanks To SamMobile!)
    Base Firmware: I9000XXJW4 (2.3.6)
    Region: Europe (XEU)
    Build Date:19th March 2012
    Modem: XXJW4
    CSC: OXAJW4
    Change List: 1043937
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7
    Separate Kernel: Download (.TAR)
    Separate Modem: Download (.TAR)
    SF-Root JW4: Download (.TAR) (Thanks to Grooby)

New Features:
    • Face Unlock
    • New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 :eek:)
    • Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
    • Photo Editor
    • Built-in TouchWiz 4
    • Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
    • Auto-Rotation is fast - Fast switching from portrait to landscape
    • Overall speed improvements
    • GPU Performance slightly increased
    • Some Google Apps updated

Instructions For Flashing Firmware:
    • Extract the firmware
    • Open the included Odin
    • Put your device in Recovery MODE (Home + Volume up + Power)
    • Wipe Data/Factory reset
    • Wipe Cache
    • Take Out Your battery & put it back in
    • Put your device into Download MODE (Home + Volume Down + Power)
    • Click PDA and select *.tar.md5
    • Then finally click START! :D

Instructions For Rooting Firmware:
    • Extract the Rooted Kernel
    • Open the included Odin
    • Put your device into Download MODE
    • Click PDA and select Rooted Kernel (.tar)
    • Then finally click START! :D

* Varies to the Firmware you downloaded.​

Screenshots:
    sc20120329174400.png
    sc20120329174425.png
    sc20120329174524.png
    sc20120329174545.png
    sc20120329174721.png
    sc20120329174731.png
    I9000XXJVU|2.3.6|OXA|December 2011|Download

Firmware (Android 2.3.6) XXJVU for Samsung Galaxy S I9000

I9000XXJVU build date = December 29 2011.
    Android version = Android 2.3.6
    Changelist: 851880

1.Extract I9000XXJVU
    2.Open ODIN. (And close Kies, if you have it open. It is important to have ODIN open BEFORE connection the phone via USB!)
    3.Select the PDA,pit,Modem,CSC file in Odin.
    4.Turn the phone into the download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown+Home+Power.
    5.Connect your phone with your computer and wait until the drivers are installed.
    6.When the drivers are installed, click Start.
    7.The phone will be flashed and once it’s finished, it will boot up. (Do NOT disconnect the usb-cable, remove the battery or otherwise interrupt this process!)
    8.You have successfully flashed your phone.

ODIN + PIT - Download Link1 or Link2

I9000XXJVU|2.3.6|OXA|December 2011|Download

Root for I9000XXJVU -> Download
    well, personally, I think this sucks.

Yeah, don't get me wrong here!
    I know this is better than nothing but we asked for ICS! What do we get? A newer gingerbread rom with some tweeks. I mean, c'mon.. what do you think samsung tried to do? "let's give them some new looking features such as the new lockscreen, the new photo editor and the face unlock system and they'll calm down with all those requests for a ics rom."

Seriously, how much effort and time do you think samsung put on this new update? I'll risk to say that they put 2 man working for 2 hours each on this. Is that what you call effort samsung? effort is what onecosmic and teamhacksung are doing right now. Samsung, with all the resources and developers you have available, why don't you freakin give us a ics rom? just remove TWL or any other ram eater apps. Just give us that ICS rom and I'm sure the developers here from XDA will do a wonderful job customizing and upgrading it.

THANKS
    crt off animation

Here i leave the framework with CRT OFF ANIMATION.
    Replace using root explorer in system framework the phone will soft reboot
    enable all animations in settings and voila ;)

ONLY FOR ODEXED
    Things Missing to Flash! :)

Hey there, it looks like a great ROM! I'll wait for the following to be available before updating from XXJVT:

- Battery %, CRT Off & Extended Power Menu Modification

- SMS (services.odex) patch to make it work with BLN

- Phone Application Force Close Fix (if needed; hopefully not)

If you find / release them, please post them here! Thanks