Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2014, 09:55 AM |#1641  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacka

@donaldta
I Keep trying to connect to the Parrot using adb. It refuses to connect via USB or Ethernet

Pinging 192.168.18.43 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.18.43: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=64

C:\PARROT\bin>adb.exe connect 192.168.18.43
unable to connect to 192.168.18.43:5555

Tried USB and your scrit and it also doesn't connect as well. I have enable USB debug mode. Seems via USB their is an unknown device call OMAP-3/4 under device manager. Do I meant to install a driver for this?

Yes, go ahead and install the Android Developer's Toolkit. It comes with the "Composite Android Debug Bridge" drivers which you'd use to replace the "OMAP-3/4" device found. Once you do then you can connect your computer to the microUSB port on the back of the Parrot Asteroid Smart.
28th January 2014, 11:01 AM |#1642  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It still didn't want to detect it.

Forcing it to use the composite driver from sdk\extras\google\usb_driver seemed to do the trick

Any how comes I cannot connect to it via IP address?
28th January 2014, 11:11 AM |#1643  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It still didn't want to detect it.

Forcing it to use the composite driver from sdk\extras\google\usb_driver seemed to do the trick

Any how comes I cannot connect to it via IP address?

You cannot connect via IP address because on the Asteroid Smart, the ADB daemon defaults to USB. You'll need to use "stop adbd; setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555; start adbd" in order to use it over WiFi. However, you need to be root in order to get it to work.
28th January 2014, 12:18 PM |#1644  

More
I have rooted my device already.

Do I just type that series of commands from 8 - Android Debug Bridge Shell?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Ideally i would like to have it on TCIP at all times to save me from plugging a laptop in the back each time to program it.
28th January 2014, 01:02 PM |#1645  
Quote:

I have rooted my device already.

Do I just type that series of commands from 8 - Android Debug Bridge Shell?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Ideally i would like to have it on TCIP at all times to save me from plugging a laptop in the back each time to program it.

I assume adding the line
Code:
service.adb.tcp.port=5555
to the build.prop file, which is normally found in /system, should be sufficient, but I don't have access to my Smart right now to test this.
28th January 2014, 04:00 PM |#1646  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Hismoom

I assume adding the line

Code:
service.adb.tcp.port=5555
to the build.prop file, which is normally found in /system, should be sufficient, but I don't have access to my Smart right now to test this.

This is true but I do not recommend anyone doing this. The first problem is editing the build.prop file and leaving an invalid character or setting can cause an Android device to go into a bootloop or even brick it. Another concern is that this gives WiFi permanent access to ADB, which increases the possibility of getting hacked while the head unit is on.

A better solution is to use automation software, like Tasker or locale. Then you can program it to only run the commands, "stop adbd; setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555; start adbd" as root when connected to specific WiFi SSID(s). This would eliminate the need to edit the build.prop and reduce the likelihood of allowing unauthorized shell access to your Android device.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
29th January 2014, 07:18 AM |#1647  
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

This is true but I do not recommend anyone doing this. The first problem is editing the build.prop file and leaving an invalid character or setting can cause an Android device to go into a bootloop or even brick it. Another concern is that this gives WiFi permanent access to ADB, which increases the possibility of getting hacked while the head unit is on.

A better solution is to use automation software, like Tasker or locale. Then you can program it to only run the commands, "stop adbd; setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555; start adbd" as root when connected to specific WiFi SSID(s). This would eliminate the need to edit the build.prop and reduce the likelihood of allowing unauthorized shell access to your Android device.

True, that is a much better solution.
29th January 2014, 11:24 AM |#1648  

More
Thanks guys. I used tasker and it worked perfectly

Another question is google maps. How do I install this?
Seems like the current version that is on the play store isn't compatible with this device.
29th January 2014, 12:02 PM |#1649  
Quote:

Thanks guys. I used tasker and it worked perfectly

Another question is google maps. How do I install this?
Seems like the current version that is on the play store isn't compatible with this device.

The current version of Google Maps needs Android 4.x and won't run on our Gingerbread (2.3.7) powered Smart.
Search for Google Maps version 6.x, ideally version 6.14.4 (thanks to @donaldta for pointing this out).
29th January 2014, 05:26 PM |#1650  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Hismoom

The current version of Google Maps needs Android 4.x and won't run on our Gingerbread (2.3.7) powered Smart.
Search for Google Maps version 6.x, ideally version 6.14.4 (thanks to @donaldta for pointing this out).

The here is a link to the Google Maps 6.14.4 APK. Additionally, you can also install Google Streetview and Google Voice Search to get the maximum Google Maps experience possible with Gingerbread.
29th January 2014, 06:54 PM |#1651  
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 21

More
How to update UNIKA to version 36.
1. Download Firmware from paser.it - http://www.paser.it/down.php?download_id=638
2. Rename the file to Unika_36.fwp
3. Re-mount /system as R/W.
4. Copy the file to the folder system/PaserFirmware/
5. Delete the old file Unika_29.fwp
6. Go to the menu "Steering Wheel Control" under the Settings.
7. Turn on the advanced settings, click on the stripes to the left and choose the advanced settings from the top, the bottom line appear "update UNIKA"
8. Disable control with steering.
9. Run the update.

Wait until the update process is completed, then the reboot device, re-activate support Steering wheel control and use.

USE ON YOUR OWN RISK (This info is from Russian Forum 4PDA.ru)
The Following User Says Thank You to arshavir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arshavir Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)