By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2014, 01:32 PM |#2141  
Flag Milton
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepaske

I have an Android phone with Gmail contact and I don't have to do nothing on the smart and when somebody's calling his picture is displayed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taomyn

I confirm with my Nexus 5 as well as with my work Blackberry Z10 is sending the pictures

Stupid iPhone lol trying Google contact sync to see if it syncs pictures on the smart itself but so far can't
6th June 2014, 08:52 PM |#2142  
Sheffield England
Thanks Meter: 9

More
tested today with an iphone and nothing. looks like its an ios thing.... and let the ios / android flaming start.......
7th June 2014, 12:48 AM |#2143  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Android.

Heisenberg 4.4.2 - i am the one who knocks.
7th June 2014, 04:25 PM |#2144  
Flag Milton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboydell

tested today with an iphone and nothing. looks like its an ios thing.... and let the ios / android flaming start.......

Yup but I have a work around that involves syncing google contacts on a rooted smart then sync Bluetooth iphone.
8th June 2014, 02:36 PM |#2145  
Sheffield England
Thanks Meter: 9

More
contact pictures also work fine on tablet talk for texting from the smart.
9th June 2014, 05:57 PM |#2146  
Flag Blaine
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Bluetooth Tether
Im trying to get BT tethering to work on the deck. I got wifi tether to work but if you use that then u cant have BT on Phone is a LG optimus G Sprint phone that is rooted. I have BT tethering turned on in the phones wireless & network settings and I have also tried PDANet. Some got it to work but they never say how.
9th June 2014, 10:23 PM |#2147  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I've been out of this thread for awhile. I'm still loving my unit . . . when it works. I get frustrated to no end when fricken bluetooth sync is killing performance & trying to navigate glympse takes 3-4 mins before the thing responds.

I haven't even installed the Axxess SWC adapater I bought months ago!

I'm still on a later firmware (2.1.2?) & I know they've updated since, but I haven't had the time to tinker & update. Has some of that been addressed? Is there any talk about a Version 2? I'd buy it in heartbeat to get rid of these lag issues with more ram/faster cpu.

Oh, well, I guess I could read this:
http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/pa...steroid-smart/

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhconcepts

Im trying to get BT tethering to work on the deck. I got wifi tether to work but if you use that then u cant have BT on Phone is a LG optimus G Sprint phone that is rooted. I have BT tethering turned on in the phones wireless & network settings and I have also tried PDANet. Some got it to work but they never say how.

I've got a Galaxy S4 & BT tether works ok for me. I just paired the phone, make sure BT tether is enabled on the phone, & finally on the PAS I checked "Use for internet connection" on the device. That was it . . .
10th June 2014, 02:30 PM |#2148  
Flag Blaine

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

I've got a Galaxy S4 & BT tether works ok for me. I just paired the phone, make sure BT tether is enabled on the phone, & finally on the PAS I checked "Use for internet connection" on the device. That was it . . .

Ok now I have to ask who do you have for a carrier and do you payfor that hot spot tether thing from the provider? Can you also tell me if you added any to the phone like root, custom rom or things like pdanet.. Thanks
10th June 2014, 04:15 PM |#2149  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

Ok now I have to ask who do you have for a carrier and do you payfor that hot spot tether thing from the provider? Can you also tell me if you added any to the phone like root, custom rom or things like pdanet.. Thanks

Sprint & yes it's rooted & installed a new services.jar or something. I do not pay for tethering . . . aka a benefit of rooting.
10th June 2014, 05:17 PM |#2150  
Flag Blaine

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO

Sprint & yes it's rooted & installed a new services.jar or something. I do not pay for tethering . . . aka a benefit of rooting.

Cool, I have root and a new rom installed so I hope it works. Car is getting a sunroof put in and its driving me crazy cause I want to try it. Not happy with this LG Op G phone and not many people are working on roms for it. Might sell it and get the Samsung s.

Thanks for your info
10th June 2014, 05:28 PM |#2151  
Flag Milton

More
Quote:

Cool, I have root and a new rom installed so I hope it works. Car is getting a sunroof put in and its driving me crazy cause I want to try it. Not happy with this LG Op G phone and not many people are working on roms for it. Might sell it and get the Samsung s.

Thanks for your info

New ROM??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)